[BOOK SPOILERS] The Wall Climb Opinions and Tormund

teemo

That scene was legen-wait for it-dary. Jon got smashed in the face with an ice block and shook it off like a boss, lol.

I hope now that Tormund has survived a near death experience he starts breaking out some hars and funny stuff.

Liked it, though Jon pulling Ygritte up seemed a bit too much. I mean, isn't the wall slippery? Doesn't seem possible to pull someone up like that! I loved how Ygritte killed 2 parties who were climbing so far away, that was quite unexpected and somewhat amusing.

A bit offtopic, I'm curious about the chronology of events. In episode 3 Jon reaches the fist of the first men (I think so). Episode 4 has Sam fleeing Craster's keep, and episode 6 has him "few days away" from the wall. Question: how much time passed, and how could Jon's party get ahead of Sam when they started so far behind? Surely they're faster than Sam and Gilly, but they also had twice the ground to cover.

Enlighten me, wise ones.

I quite liked the scene, looked great (excellent CGI), pretty tense, more dangerous than I'd imagined, and Tormund showed why he's a BAMF. Although the shot where Jon and Ygritte recovered and held each other after being cut off had me thinking "You're still 500 feet above ground hanging off a 4 inch hook, you can wait until you get to the top for that."

I took that as more "holy shit, we're still alive and breathing" than anything romantic.

I liked the scene, I loved the way the vertigo was used when Jon looked down the first time. would have LOVED to hear Jon's thought of "The Wall defends itself" - though maybe that will come up. To me that adds more mystique about how the Wildlings look at the wall, the spells in the wall, etc.

I think it's better this way, because the sex wasn't about love. It was just something the free folk do without much reservation. The kiss, however, was more of a "falling for one another" type moment. Which is great, because it builds up some history for the two characters that will pull on the viewers later when Jon has to leave her and eventually finds her dead after the battle. I thought the whole scene was great and just like in the books, Jon's story, for me, is the most fun to watch.

Also, as far as Ygritte knowing that Jon hadn't turned his cloak yet, it also plays very well into their relationship and the fact that she's falling in love with him. She wants to believe that he's hers and that he will be loyal to her before all others.

:agree: To add, from a woman's perspective though not a wildling woman, but thinking as if I were one (mouthful) that dialogue showed Ygritte's realty......she says it herself. They are both from separate groups/brotherhoods. Both to which assume loyalty from their members but give none in return. So in a sense she says, "the Nightswatch doesn't care if you die and Mance doesn't care if I die.....but we care if one another dies, so lets never betray one another and keep each other alive no matter what and also, I dont care if your a turncloak, you're mine now and I want you any way you are traitor or not as long as you don't betray me." WHoooo0oo glad I got that out.

I thought it was a great scene. Tormund really started to be the Tormund I thought we would see, a BAMF. I didn't even mind the kiss.

I am a little worried on how they are going to play Yigrette/Jon and the defense of Castle Black

Liked it, though Jon pulling Ygritte up seemed a bit too much. I mean, isn't the wall slippery? Doesn't seem possible to pull someone up like that! I loved how Ygritte killed 2 parties who were climbing so far away, that was quite unexpected and somewhat amusing.

A bit offtopic, I'm curious about the chronology of events. In episode 3 Jon reaches the fist of the first men (I think so). Episode 4 has Sam fleeing Craster's keep, and episode 6 has him "few days away" from the wall. Question: how much time passed, and how could Jon's party get ahead of Sam when they started so far behind? Surely they're faster than Sam and Gilly, but they also had twice the ground to cover.

Enlighten me, wise ones.

Wise one: "Who cares, it's a fantasy"

I've been wondering this...

Is there anyway you can say Har! without it sounding really bad? I'm not even sure its pronounceable

You can't. People don't want to acknowledge that.

<3 TV Tormund.

It looked very good, just wish it lasted longer. I'd rather they cut the Sansa -Loras scene and we get more climb. And the kiss at the end was unnecessary sentimentality

well, it wont be that sentimental when he shoots an arrow in her face, so dont fear.

Enlighten me, wise ones.

I assume that Sam has gotten them lost as fuck on their escape from Crasters. At least he got to flash his dragonglass, so The Other puddle shouldn't be that far off.

Enlighten me, wise ones.

Well, they didn't stop at Craster's. It is implied the watchmen were there for a several days waiting for the injured to get better before the mutiny.

Well, they didn't stop at Craster's. It is implied the watchmen were there for a several days waiting for the injured to get better before the mutiny.

Ah that's a good point thanks, I hadn't thought about that. I was thinking as if Sam stopped at Craster's for a few hours before he ran away.

This was Jon best episode since season 1. He had some character development the first season, he learned how to follow orders, accpet his place in life, etc. and then proceeded to forget all of this in season 2.

That made me laugh because that's such an accurate assessment of TV Jon Snow. "You remember all those smart things I was taught? Eh, neither do I. *makes dumb decisions*"

I thought that the lovebirds kissing ~on the top of the world~ with the sun coming out for the last shot of the episode was cheesey and just... not good.

I've been wondering this...

Is there anyway you can say Har! without it sounding really bad? I'm not even sure its pronounceable

You can't. People don't want to acknowledge that.

<3 TV Tormund.

I just wanted to bring this up!

When i try to say Har I sound like a retarded pirate.

I mean, if the actor can't say with without it sounding ridiculous it's better to just cut it.

TV-Tormund is great, i love his red beard, he definitely looks the part! Plus he is nice yet intimidating!

I thought that the lovebirds kissing ~on the top of the world~ with the sun coming out for the last shot of the episode was cheesey and just... not good.

It seems out of place because they have butchered Jon's story and the Wildlings as a people. Had his 'conversion' to them been convincing, had them as a people worthy of 'conversion' made it justifiable, and had the relationship with Ygritte had any more depth than "Now we are shagging. Now we in luvs 4eva" then the scene would have fit so much more. It really should have been seen as a great new hope for Jon and his new people the Wildlings but because the development has not been carried out, the justification for an emotional connection can't be made.

I actually like the scene, but I don't expect anyone else to.

I just wanted to bring this up!

When i try to say Har I sound like a retarded pirate.

I mean, if the actor can't say with without it sounding ridiculous it's better to just cut it.

TV-Tormund is great, i love his red beard, he definitely looks the part! Plus he is nice yet intimidating!

You can't deny that TV Tormund has one hell of a voice as well!

Really impressed by the Ygritte actress, she's nailed the character imho.

Me too, I feel like she's the only wildling character that conveys the free-spirited nature of the wildlings, she seems like shes really enjoying giving Jon a hard time for acting so serious all of the time. The rest of them just look like gruff depressed people trudging through the snow in a depressed way.

Archived