[BOOK SPOILERS] Roose Bolton Scene

teemo

Loved it. I have always hoped that roose will be able to pick up Tywins torch once his story pans out and i really think he's getting there. Need more scenes to establish him though. My wife still has a hard time remembering him at all.

He wasn't all that memorable to me until the RW, even with the leeches and Jaime's release. To me he was just another Northern lord, who I believed to be very loyal to Robb. Don't worry, after the RW they will never forget him again. He will always be the guy who killed Robb.

I'm excited to see more Roose in the upcoming seasons, but in all honesty, the show will never be able to capture the aura that Roose Bolton has in quite the same way the books do. It's very hard to translate his unnerving presence onto the screen without it coming off as overdone or goofy. The closest thing the TV world has had to Roose Bolton is Gus Fring from Breaking Bad, so hopefully TV Roose heads in the same direction.

I'm joining the Roose Bolton lovefest

Michael McElhatton is definitely giving a great performance. I especially love how completely at ease he is with his villainous ways - he doesn't look like he's trying to be cool, he just is (this sadly is something of an issue with NCW's portrayal of Jaime, IMO, and it became quite clear in this particular scene). I don't remember how humorous Roose was in the novels, but I like show Roose's sense of humour and his deadpan delivery. He's fast becoming one of my favourite (side) characters, which is great, because in the books I didn't pay him much attention... he was merely that slightly creepy turncloak and the father of the most despicable son ever.

Problem with NCW's portrayal of Jaime??? What problem? NCW's portrayal of Jaime is amazing! I think he captures the essence of Jaime's personality perfectly.

Roose's portrayal is getting alot better..laregly due to the actor getting some decent material to work with. uusally all eh got was a couple of boring lines with Robb/Talisa, but now he's coming into his own. The show Roose still is yet to live up to his book counterpart though purely because he just doesnt get enough dialogue. This was a grea scene in the book, but about 95% of the dialogue was cut from the scene. Also, a scene establishing him as the leech lord would really help make him memorable and recognisable but i doubt that will ever happen.

• 7 months later...

Archived