[Book Spoilers] So The Boy Won....

Randyll Tarly

In the little interview that Theon had with the boy, it was pretty clear with who Theon was dealing. And the fact that the boy enjoyed every second of it already gives us who he is. Yet, What do you guys think of the way the Boy is making bets with Theon? I really loved when he sat down like accepting defeat at the Question and Answer session yet his joy when telling Theon he forgot to ask the most important question after what he has been through gave him the victory look he was searching as Theon plead for mercy. Who else would like to gamble with the Boy?

I LOVED the horn-blowing. That definitely confirms that it was him who was the "Horn Blowing Cunt" from season 2. That scene definitely establishes that this "boy" is Ramsay indeed and Iwan Rheon does SUCH a good job at playing this bas Bolton. I thought they made some stupid character change when he said that Theon won, but I laughed with glee when he said that he was a liar. I can't wait to see what happens when someone calls him the thing he doesn't want to be called.

I knew Theon was getting all the questions wrong and "Boy" was just toying with him, which is what he's been doing all along.

The HORN is the first hint to remind people about what they saw last season and start to connect the dots.

Yep. The fact that they made the flayed man sigil SOOO obvious in the Jaime, Brienne scene (in my opinion. Look at how much of the shots of Jaime and Brienne it takes up) and Theon has been on that cross for so long shows that they are really hoping that people will start to pick up on things...

And then they add in the horn and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, there are some genius unsullied out there. Honestly the clues are ALL THERE at this point, in my opinion. With this episode they gave you everything you need.

Sigil+Theon=connection to boltons

Theon was knocked out, so he couldn't have burned Winterfell.

Ramsay+hornblower= Bolton burning of Winterfell.

It's quite a simple deduction when you put it that way.

YESS there are unsullied who have figured it out!

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-climb-for-newbies,96930/

What remains to be learned is his affiliation, but I think we have our answer. Keen-eyed viewers like myself might spot the banner in Roose Bolton’s chambers later on in the episode. His red man is hanging upside down on a big X, much like the one Theon’s nailed to. The show does its best to make that visual clear without being completely ostentatious (it took me this long to notice it) but I think it’s clear Theon is held captive by the Boltons, who seem like an increasingly unsavory bunch. Sure, Roose maintains an air of hospitality, but one of his dudes cut off Jaime’s hand, and the other is the sickest fucker alive.

this brings a smile to my heart.

Did they mess with the Bolton colors tho? Aren't they red and pink but the show has a blue background behind the flayed man? I hope I saw that wrong. Minor point I know but dammnit I loved that the Boltons rocked the pink capes.

I think so, when I first saw their banners I thought it was the Tully's. Not even joking.

It's funny that none of the non book watchers I know didn't catch any of these big hints.

Highlight of the episode IMO. My Unsullied friend asked me why "Boy" would torture Theon. Oh, my sweet summer child... :P

I told family members "because he's psycho, there's not much else to say."

My boyfriend kept asking me why Theon didn't recognize "Boy" if he's a northerner.... *face palm*

I think so, when I first saw their banners I thought it was the Tully's. Not even joking.

It's funny that none of the non book watchers I know didn't catch any of these big hints.

Haha I thought it was the Tully banner too when that dude Locke first captured Brienne & Jamie. Glad I wasn't losing my mind.

(Aside-- WHY WOULD THEY MESS WITH THE COLORS?! That's like the simplest thing to get right.)

I told family members "because he's psycho, there's not much else to say."

My boyfriend kept asking me why Theon didn't recognize "Boy" if he's a northerner.... *face palm*

I didn't tell my friend who Ramsay was, but I did tell him that he's the sickest fuck in the series. He seemed baffled that someone could be much worse than Joffrey.

Haha I thought it was the Tully banner too when that dude Locke first captured Brienne & Jamie. Glad I wasn't losing my mind.

(Aside-- WHY WOULD THEY MESS WITH THE COLORS?! That's like the simplest thing to get right.)

Simply for the sake of contrast, I'd guess. The traditional red and pink probably wouldn't stand out as much in the background, making it harder for tv show watchers to get the hint.

I think part of the reason they messed with the colors is how silly they look. I remember reading the books, and I believe it was Ramsay described wearing the Bolton colors, and all I could picture was a giant pink dildo standing there next to fake-Arya, though that is rather apt description of Ramsay's character...

Archived