[Book Spoilers] So The Boy Won....

Randyll Tarly

"Do I look like a fucking Umber to you?" :lol:

:cheers: That was awesome!

I have to say I was laughing a bit during the Boy scene last night. I am disturbed by that because I hate Ramsey so much, but tv Ramsey has a way of making me laugh even though he is so sick and twisted. Also I thought for sure that non-book readers should be able to deduce that Boy is a Bolton from the sigil and Theon being affixed to the X. I guess though I assume too much. I thought it was made rather obvious that he is a Bolton even if they have not figured out that he is Lord Bolton's son.

They are going to have to up the ante with Boy's tactics thought to make sure the non-book readers know that Ramsey is way worse than Joffery. That scene with Ros shocked me even though I was not a fan of her character. That should not be too difficult to do.

(Aside-- WHY WOULD THEY MESS WITH THE COLORS?! That's like the simplest thing to get right.)

A lot of things like that have to do with contrast issues due to filming. An example that comes to mind is the Kingsguard. They tried to have them in all white, however it looked really weird on film so they had to add some contrast. Just a guess that's why some of the banners were changed. They don't make these changes just to fuck with us :P

I didn't tell my friend who Ramsay was, but I did tell him that he's the sickest fuck in the series. He seemed baffled that someone could be much worse than Joffrey.

This comparison is going to be inevitable with non-book readers but as the book readers know it isn't really even close. Joffrey is really just a punk kid with Daddy issues at the core, if you take his name and position away, he's nothing. Ramsay is basically a serial killer, who would be dangerous with or without power or opportune birth.

:cheers: That was awesome!

I am disturbed by that because I hate Ramsey so much, but tv Ramsey has a way of making me laugh even though he is so sick and twisted.

I just finished re-reading aDwD and I sadly I found Ramsay flat out funny a time or too also where before I was just horrified, I think the thing is that he is just such an over the top dick, you have to laugh. I still hate the guy more than anyone else in the series. I wish he'd get to meet the real Arya Stark, and she'd make an end to him.

I just finished re-reading aDwD and I sadly I found Ramsay flat out funny a time or too also where before I was just horrified, I think the thing is that he is just such an over the top dick, you have to laugh. I still hate the guy more than anyone else in the series. I wish he'd get to meet the real Arya Stark, and she'd make an end to him.

He's up there with Daario for me - I'm not really sure what others' opinions are of him but I've just flat out never liked the guy whereas other "shady" characters or even flat-out villains have admirable qualities it's hard for me to see any in people like Ramsay or Daario (perhaps the latter only because I just don't trust him but could end up being proven wrong moving forward)

I really liked the scene but seriously..

how could Theon not know he was a Bolton.

I mean, Theon has lived in the north for the biggest part of his life and everyone knows the Bolton's have the flayed man as they sigil. And it's rumored they still practice it. Theon should have known that.

But Iwan Rheon is great, I love his evil look.

I was just thinking of Criminal Minds during that scene. Like "what would I do?" Observe, find clues, analyze behavior, that's the only thing a victim could do.

I think I'd be too busy screaming in agony and shitting myself to get much analysis done.

I'm surprised everyone isn't complaining about Ramsay's death being spoiled. It's pretty clear that Reek kills Ramsay.

Theon making a big fuss and screaming about killing that "horn blowing cunt" was obviously a nod to readers, since we all pretty much had an idea who was waiting for him out there. I doubt that was foreshadowing.

Theon raging about was more for us to react in the way of "Ohhh, you silly Greyjoy...if only you knew"

I get the sense that Theon is so focused on his guilt at betraying Robb (ROBB NOT "THE STARKS" OR "THE NORTH" BUT ROBB, WHO HE SEES AS A BROTHER :crying: ) that he isn't picking up on the clues, and is just stuck in this assumption that he's being punished for his betrayal. He can't fathom that someone would be doing this to him for no reason. ... although I guess the Boltons SHOULD have a reason (loyal to Robb, lol).

the so called "humor" that Ramsey portrayed in this episode makes him all that more terrifying...

I'm not judging anyone who actually thought it was funny, but think about this: doesn't it all remind you of the joker's "why so serious?"

creeeeepy... seriously, that scene... the hair on the back of my neck just STOOD UP!

Oh, it was brilliant. I was laughing a little, but that's because I always laugh at inappropriate things. Iwan's masterful at being evilly interesting. I wonder if he'll have the same hangup as book!Ramsay--that obsession with being more than a bastard. I like book!Ramsay because he makes me feel such an intense level of disgust, and a wee bit of giggles at just how over-the-top he is. Like the scene where he unchains Theon and says "You'll not tell him anything, and when you get back I'm taking another finger." Theon just starts crying. It's awful and cringeworthy but a little humorous because of how senselessly cruel it is.

Theon specifically saying Robb made me :huh: .

As for not realizing it's the Boltons, I think he's just really exhausted and not thinking. Plus, I never got the feeling the Starks were close with the Boltons. He might have only seen Roose a few times in Robb's council, and never been near the Dreadfort.

the so called "humor" that Ramsey portrayed in this episode makes him all that more terrifying...

I'm not judging anyone who actually thought it was funny, but think about this: doesn't it all remind you of the joker's "why so serious?"

creeeeepy... seriously, that scene... the hair on the back of my neck just STOOD UP!

Yeah, a ruthless villain that's actually quite funny/clever is way scarier. Book Ramsay is just straight up crazy/evil. not really a funny or clever guy.

Yeah, a ruthless villain that's actually quite funny/clever is way scarier. Book Ramsay is just straight up crazy/evil. not really a funny or clever guy.

A liiitle bit off topic, but I saw a vsauce video once where he basically said that we find things funny because they teach us something new.

So basically, smart/funny villains may be scarier precisely because they are smart and funny, which in some way indicates a higher level of intelligence than our own because they are constantly "teaching" us but they also have hurtful intentions? I don't know. Something to think about I guess LOL

It is definitely possible for unsullied to get the Bolton connection. One of my friends, who in general has trouble remembering characters names, put two and two together several episodes ago. She saw Bolton's sigil after one of the torture scenes and then remembered Bolton talking about his bastard. I was so proud!

As to when they're going to reveal Ramsey, I'm not sure they can do it that soon. Once he reveals who he is he'll take Theon outside and show him all of his flayed Ironborn friends. At that point it's going to be fairly obvious who burned Winterfell and viewers really can't know that until the RW, otherwise they'll know whose side Roose is on.

The first time I read aDwD I was horrified by Ramsay and hated his guts, the second time I read it I still hate him but I have to laugh at shit like when he gets pissed at Theon for "eating my lord father's dungeon rats without my leave". I mean that's over the top dickness that just made me chuckle the second time through, I still hate the guy and can't wait for him to get his comeuppance.

Archived