(NO SPOILERS) Positive Nitpicking - what you loved about this episode.

shiola

This thread is for discussing what you loved about the episode, from the largest plot point to the smallest facial expression or background detail. No complaining in this thread, please.

Book/TV spoilers are fine inside spoiler tags ONLY. If you do not know how to make one, it's simple. Here is an example:

[.spoiler]Darth Vader is Luke's father[/.spoiler] without the periods becomes

Darth Vader is Luke's father

I want everyone to be able to enjoy this thread, so please make sure anything that could remotely be considered a spoiler or hint is inside tags. If you aren't sure, tag it anyway.

Can't wait to see what you all come up with this week! I haven't seen the episode yet, but I read reviews and it seems good.

"Chaos is a Ladder". Shivers.

Jon and Ygritte kissing. Shivers again.

The Freys, perfect.

Mel + the BwB, stroke of genius.

Tormund's accent, the WILDEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD. I hope Nina Gold casts only Norsemen for the Wildlings belonging to his clan.

Not so faithful an adaptation, but a flawless, intriguing and sometimes thrilling episode of a TV show.

-"Do I look like a fucking Umber to you?"-Iwan Rheon was fantastic in that scene

-Great casting for the Freys. And I like how Lothar was still lame, and looked far more amiable than Black Walder

-Surprised that they actually showed some flaying

-I liked the montage with LF's chaos monologue. Thought it was really well done

-The climbing of the wall, and the ending in particular, looked absolutely gorgeous. Alik Sakharov should definitely direct more episodes in the future. His work in What Is Dead May Never Die was also great

-THE ROOSE IS LOOSE

It's a sad state of affairs when the nitpick without repercussions thread is 13 pages, but this one is only one. It genuinely makes me wonder what the point of having a Game of Thrones section on this forum is. It's starting to get really depressing, I think I'm stay away from these forums from now on

I loved Iwan Rheon, thought it was a great performance.

The climb looked magnificent, I couldnt have hoped for any better.

Brienne's frilly dress!

Olenna/Tywin was great, finally an equal match.

It's a sad state of affairs when the nitpick without repercussions thread is 13 pages, but this one is only one. It genuinely makes me wonder what the point of having a Game of Thrones section on this forum is. It's starting to get really depressing, I think I'm stay away from these forums from now on

I'm with you mate. This forum is about to ruin my enjoyment of the show, with all the ranting and stuff. Still, not everything is shit, yet.

Loved this episode! All in all so many good pieces of dialogue between important characters..

- Melisandre and Arya - loved their dialogue together, wonder what it means! Also great acting by Carice van Houten

- Olenna and Tywin and Olenna standing her ground. God I love that woman ^_^

- Shocked by the Ros scene..almost more disturbing than Theon's since I didn't see it coming. Probably the effect they were going for!

- Shivers from Littlefinger's speech, great acting there from Varys too, especially his facial expressions

- cute conversation between Sam and Gilly

- really looking forward to possible confrontation between Tywin an Joffrey now that the latter is spiraling out of control more and more

I made the mistake of giving the other thread a read after I read this comment.... URGH.... people are never happy with anything apparently. And some of them are downright rude about it.

As for the topic... I thought Baelish's monologue toward the end very powerful.

oh and any scene with Charles Dance and Diana Rigg is welcome to me... no matter how "cheesy" some people claim the jokes to be. I love the battles of wits between master players of the game.

John Snow's story really reached a higher level, this episode.

I believe we will have more of him in the next season, with his return to Castle Black.

Furthermore, Tywin and Olenna interaction was pretty good. They chose so many good actors that they can afford to waste some time with conversations between them. I see some people do not like this, but to me this is one of the strongest aspects of the show.

"Do I look like a fucking Umber to you?!" I didn't like anything else about Ramsay, but I liked that line.

"I don't like that woman"

"That's because you're a girl"

Lame Lothar and Black Walder. Perfectly captured the Frey look.

Sam singing to Gilly.

Archived