[Book Spoilers] A Gendry Development

PipPayne

I actually take all this to mean that Gendry's role in the series isn't very important.

The show made the choice not to introduce the three children at Dragonstone - Edric Storm, Shireen and Devan - at the same time as they introduced Stannis and his court, presumably in an effort to keep the number of new castmembers down.

They now need a king's bastard that Mellisandre threatens to burn, because Davos needs to free him and give Stannis a speech about his royal obligations to get Stannis up to the Wall to defeat Mance.

If Gendry can replace Edric for that purpose, that suggests that whatever narrative purpose Gendry was serving in the books as smith for the BwB isn't relevant to any major plot point.

I think this is likely the show's thinking too. Gendry as convenient and semi-plausible stand-in. I like Mel's interactions with everyone involved, esp. davos though I'm pretty sure none on that was in the books. Nice to see Arya getting to do more with weapons, though she'd never even bend that bow at all. ;)

I hate to say it, tbut the actress (to me) is so beautiful that I really give almost everything Mellisandre does a pass. In the books I pretty well hated her up until late in Dance with Dragons. Show's how easily men are swayed by a pretty face (and body)!

I think something completely different is going to happen.

Mel has taken Gendry, I think after a bit of soul searching and taunting from Arya (in ep 8 as GRRM is writing the next one) the BWB will realise they shouldn't have given him up and take him back off Mel after which he will stay with them. Mel will be left with leeches containing Gendry's blood. Perhaps she will put leeches on him to store some kings blood before he is burned for other spells.

Davos might save a florent or other man from burning or they may have him return to favour some other way, maybe before Mel gets back to emphasise to the viewers that she is the problem.

I don't think Gendry would be a good king. He doesn't have the education for it, nor the leadership experience. Sorry.

I can't really say how I feel about this change. I wasn't a fan of how it turned the BwB into failed Robin Hoods. As far as Gendry, I shall reserve judgement until the storyline progresses.

Personally, I want Gendry to end up at the Wall.

He could fill in as Satin for Jon Snow up until Stannis and Melisandre show up.

Gendry tries to hide from them and tells Jon all about the things they do i.e sacrificing people with kingsblood.

Then Jon sends him, Sam, Gilly, Mance's baby and Aemon down South to protect them.

Gendry and Arya can either meet or have a close encounter at Braavos.

She doesn't want to do the trick with leeches. She wants to burn him. Stannis doesn't want to, and then they do the leeches because it's less severe. Then, later, they plan to burn him and Davos smuggles him out of Dragonstone.

"I want Joffrey dead, I want Robb Stark dead", make me another son" .... no one is arguing that Melisandre doesn't want to burn him, everyone can see that from the synopsizes of the future episodes but her leeches trick is stupid. Melisandre admits herself that it won't work as well as burning him and waking dragons. Shadow baby is more powerful than leeches.

AND WHAT THE HELL DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH HAVING SEX WITH HIM?!

Calm down. Now, or I'm done discussing this with you. Calm down. All I have to do is take your statement and change the word leeches to shadow babies and I've just created a better argument than you. Watch.

"She doesn't want to do the trick with" shadow babies. "She wants to burn him. Stannis doesn't want to[burn him], and then they[Mel and Gendry] do the" shadow babies" because it's less severe. Then, later, they plan to burn him and Davos smuggles him out of Dragonstone."

I can't even argue this anymore. I don't even know what point you're trying to prove.

1. Shadow babies with Gendry

2. No leeches trick used < shadow babies

3. Plan B burn him

All I'm trying to do is prepare you for what looks like is going to happen. If you don't want to keep an open mind about it don't get mad if it plays out that way.

If Gendry is taking the place of Edric, then Mel doesn't need to have sex with him in any context. Just because Gendry is older than Edric was doesn't mean he has to have sex with Mel.

That if, then statement makes no sense. Gendry IS taking Edric's place obviously but that doesn't necessarily mean that Mel doesn't have sex with him. Just because they're naked together doesn't mean that they have to have sex either, it just probably makes it more likely would you not agree?

Mel abducts/buys Gendry because he has king's blood from Robert. She wants to sacrifice him to the fire to awaken stone dragons. Stannis is like "lol no. leeches." Leeches happen. 3 kings die. Mel is like "LOL NEED MOAR DRAGONZZ!" and Stannis is like "aight, fine bitch. but you better be right or you're dead as dead." Then, Davos is like "lol no chance, let's bail kid." Gendry is saved.

Three kings will not die this season. Which means you just brought up another point that doesn't support leeches. Showing 2/3 King's die this season means that there would be no surprise when the 3rd king dies.

Stannis suggests leeches are you sure there's no a "surer" way available that Stannis has already said he wanted to do?

The point being that Mel and Gendry sleeping together is an insult to both Mel and Gendry's characters because it makes no sense in any context.

:bang:

You just keep talking about shadow babies for... no real reason that I can find tbh.

I been talking about shadow babies since before this season began. Actually I posted that Melisandre meeting the BwB was a way for them to get rid of The Ghost of High Heart and Edric Storm (100% correct on that) so I suppose I gotta keep my bets where they are until they happen or don't(Ros=Dontos).

If you can't see the evidence, then there's no point in trying to explain it. There's linked pictures with Mel and Gendry talking to eachother without clothes on, there's a conversation where Stannis wants to kill Robb and Joffrey with shadow babies, there's the undeniable fact that a shadow baby is a better way to kill someone than king's blood from a leech, there's Gendry's smirk at Anguy's comment... etc.

Where is the evidence that Melisandre won't use Gendry for a shadow baby? I don't think I've seen any. All I see are opinions and trying to say that Gendry is going to play out the same way Edric did in the books.

In a few days there will probably be even more evidence that "shadow babies" might happen that you can ignore. Get ready.

Now I am really confused. So, the theory is that Mel is going to have sex with Gendry and make shadow babies. What will these shadow babies do? Are they going to kill Robb and Joff and Balon? or some other people? Or will the shadow baby sex fail somehow?

I saw a screen shot of Mel and Gendry looking... intimate on another website, so yeah, shadow babies. Maybe Gendry doesn't go all the way through with it though, in the screen shot it just showed them looking like they are about to kiss while he had no shirt on. At first I was mad at the thought but now I'm more interested to see how it plays out.

I saw a screen shot of Mel and Gendry looking... intimate on another website, so yeah, shadow babies. Maybe Gendry doesn't go all the way through with it though, in the screen shot it just showed them looking like they are about to kiss while he had no shirt on. At first I was mad at the thought but now I'm more interested to see how it plays out.

I think I saw the same one but it appeared crazy photoshopped to me...

So I'm with the just leaches again camp. But always prepared to be wrong.

Archived