[Book Spoilers] Foreshadowing

Azor Ahoy!

Anyone catch the foreshadowing in Ramsay blowing the horn right after we see the wildlings climbing the Wall? I think it's foreshadowing that the Horn of Winter will be blown and will cause the Wall to collapse. Or that's just my theory

The biggest sense of foreshadowing was the Arya/Mel exchange. They have not met in the books, thus far. But in the episode Mel said "we will meet again." This is my thought on this scene for the future of both the books and show. Arya, once she finishes her FM training will be sent to kill Mel, while she is at the wall with Jon. Jon will see(to his eye's) a stranger about to kill Mel; a person he knows. Jon will jump in to save Mel from the would be killer and in the process, stab the assassin through the chest; with whatever sword he is carrying(Longclaw or Dawn). When sword is removed it is now Lightbringer, after Jon just killed the one person he loved the most. Arya will be Jon's Nissa Nissa. I posted thoughts about this theory, in the general discussion section as well.

Doesn't make sense. Arya would never try a frontal assault on a priestess, Her training teachers her to wait, watch, and have a plan. Trying to jump mel while her half brother is right there just wouldn't work.

The biggest sense of foreshadowing was the Arya/Mel exchange. They have not met in the books, thus far. But in the episode Mel said "we will meet again." This is my thought on this scene for the future of both the books and show. Arya, once she finishes her FM training will be sent to kill Mel, while she is at the wall with Jon. Jon will see(to his eye's) a stranger about to kill Mel; a person he knows. Jon will jump in to save Mel from the would be killer and in the process, stab the assassin through the chest; with whatever sword he is carrying(Longclaw or Dawn). When sword is removed it is now Lightbringer, after Jon just killed the one person he loved the most. Arya will be Jon's Nissa Nissa. I posted thoughts about this theory, in the general discussion section as well.

I don't think it will happen quite like that.

I think she will meet the guy Stannis sent to Bravos to recruit sellswords and from him she will learn what's going on in the north.

-fArya married to Ramsay

-WW attacking

-Battle for WF

-Stannis being AAR

-about the red priestess

this can go two ways:

1) She will desert the FM and will go back to WF and find out who is impostering her

2)She will tell the KM as part of the 'learn 3 new things'-game and he will send her there to gather information

This really compelling ...but I really want it to be wrong. Poor Arya.

I think the Mel and Arya scene was a foreshadowing to the wrong prophecy that Mel gives Jon Snow.

How would that work? Mel has now met Arya Stark, the real Arya Stark, and the BWB knows its the real Arya Stark, so that whole plot line of Mel seeing the girl on the horse and thinking its Arya will make no sense now...so I would assume it won't happen in the show if they ever get that far. Or maybe I'm not understanding what wrong prophecy you are talking about?

hows THIS for foreshadowing: Tywin tries to fill Olenna's cup and she puts her hand over it, similar to how Roose does in this scene. Jaime says how suspicious it is to normal people....!!!!! SUCH A BIG HINT THAT THE TYRELLS ARE UP TO NO GOOD. Or at least it will be after Robb is betrayed.

couldnt really find an appropriate place to bring this up but i figured foreshadowing will do...

Before the red wedding takes place we need to have the scene with Robb crafting his will. I know this will most likely happen in the next episode or 2 because we just found out about Sansa/Tyrion and im sure Robb will find that out soon as well. Being that we havent seen anything of Glover or Maege Mormont how do you think they will be able to pull this off on screen?

thoughts?

How would that work? Mel has now met Arya Stark, the real Arya Stark, and the BWB knows its the real Arya Stark, so that whole plot line of Mel seeing the girl on the horse and thinking its Arya will make no sense now...so I would assume it won't happen in the show if they ever get that far. Or maybe I'm not understanding what wrong prophecy you are talking about?

I don't know what Antonius Stark was going on about, but Mel's visions are quite frequently wrong or at least partly skewed. She could easily think they will meet again, but in reality it will just be the imposter Arya Stark.

Anyone catch the foreshadowing in Ramsay blowing the horn right after we see the wildlings climbing the Wall? I think it's foreshadowing that the Horn of Winter will be blown and will cause the Wall to collapse. Or that's just my theory

I didn't come to the same conclusion, I'm with the guys on here who say it was a reference to season 2 when Theon kept saying he was going to kill the man who was blowing that horn.

Sorry, I don't think so. Has the Show actually 'foreshadowed" anything that we know happens in the books?

Back before I read the books, I thought Sansa saying (At s2e9, about Joffrey) "He wont die, the bad ones always live" was foreshadowing. Then I read book 3 (:

I don't think it will happen quite like that.

I think she will meet the guy Stannis sent to Bravos to recruit sellswords and from him she will learn what's going on in the north.

-fArya married to Ramsay

-WW attacking

-Battle for WF

-Stannis being AAR

-about the red priestess

this can go two ways:

1) She will desert the FM and will go back to WF and find out who is impostering her

2)She will tell the KM as part of the 'learn 3 new things'-game and he will send her there to gather information

I think this is close to what will happen. I can't see arya giving a flying frack who impersonates her though.

She wants to return to Westeros to take her revenge.

She wants to see Jon and whomever else of her family is left.

Arya is in big emotional trouble. She needs to reconnect with some of these people if she isn't to be permanently lost.

Archived