Tywin foreshadowing... [Spoilers from the very beginning]

Clariana

Tywin dines with QoT, QoT remarks that Cersei is too old for Loras and will not be capable of bearing children for much longer. Then she remarks that she knows a lot about age and what it does to women... Tywin replies by saying that men are not spared either but then he adds "but I have a strong stomach."

Now some of you may be aware of the theory that suggests Tywin

was poisoned and dying prior to being fletched by Tyrion. The main theory was that it was Oberyn but I always thought it curious that we have two reputed poisoners in KL at the time... So how about QoT? It makes sense, she's just easing the way for her beloved Margaery and her family.

It could also be noted that in the scene with Roose Bolton, Jaime and Brienne, Roose pointedly refuses to drink the wine before the other two do and Jaime comments on this.

Yet here we have Tywin quaffing liberally in QoT's presence.

So how about it?

considering that scene i must say that, as i expected(tho many doubted it), tywin completely killed, and owned QoT.

considering your question, i think you can never know the real answer coz it was tyrion that killed tywin, not poison. this whole situation with tywin's death is a good example of asoiaf fandom over-analyzing everything, and seeing something, when there's really nothing.

considering that scene i must say that, as i expected(tho many doubted it), tywin completely killed, and owned QoT.

considering your question, i think you can never know the real answer coz it was tyrion that killed tywin, not poison. this whole situation with tywin's death is a good example of asoiaf fandom over-analyzing everything, and seeing something, when there's really nothing.

I think we have more than enough evidence to say that Tywin was indeed poisoned, even though that was not his cause of death.

Just because Tywin was killed by a crossbow doesn't mean that he wasn't poisoned before. I doubt the Martells ever imagine that Tyrion would freak out by Jaime's revelation and kill his father. They surely had a plan to take Tywin down, they were in KL for revenge. I neither believe or discourage this theory, I'm fine whether is right or wrong, but I think that we will really have the confirmation (or not) of it in the episode we see Tywin dies.

I just thought that Tywin's remark about his stomach, given that it was a non sequitor, was rather... Suggestive. And given that we had previously had a scene where Roose was being fastidious about his drinking even more so.

hows THIS for foreshadowing: Tywin tries to fill Olenna's cup and she puts her hand over it, similar to how Roose does in this scene. Jaime says how suspicious it is to normal people....!!!!! SUCH A BIG HINT THAT THE TYRELLS ARE UP TO NO GOOD. Or at least it will be after Robb is betrayed.

• 5 months later...

Archived