[book spoilers] Is Sansa that stupid

Syrio Foral

Really? Out of all the examples to point out Sansa's stupidity you chose this? Come on, she was forced and was threaten to get beaten so what could she do? If she refused, the Lannisters would just make sure she would marry Tyrion anyway, in less than pleasant methods.

Really? Out of all the examples to point out Sansa's stupidity you chose this? Come on, she was forced and was threaten to get beaten so what could she do? If she refused, the Lannisters would just make sure she would marry Tyrion anyway, in less than pleasant methods.

She gave the people who killed her family claim over her home. that's insane stupidity.

Figured out a nother simple but good way to put it

when she asked about her family attending her wedding, Sansa was not stupid.

She was not even naive.

She was DESPERATE.

I think, and I seem to recall her mentioning somethign similar later in the books, Sansa was at a point she would have thrown her arms around Jon Snow if she saw him.

So, God, can;t we forgive her for a moment where she lapsed and asked if she'd be allowed to invite her family.

a lot of the negative posts in this thread seem more like Sansa hate than really thinking that was stupid.

Not when she is forced and has no say in the matter. You're talking as if the Lannisters would cancel the wedding if Sansa refuse to marry Tyrion.

Exactly.

Cersei: "Oh, you don't WANT to marry my brother? We never thought of THAT! By all means, go marry the Tyrell boy!"

and as long as I am dreaming, I'd like a pony.

I thought that was a totally ridiculous statement unworthy of even the worst interpretations of Sansa, but the unsullied I watch with (who is a guy if that matters) disagreed. He thought like .Leela. and just chalked it up to a poor traumatized girl fantasizing. I was pretty relieved to hear that.

But he also likes Littlefinger - "because at least he's honest about being a scum bag" - so what ya gonna do :)

I thought that was a totally ridiculous statement unworthy of even the worst interpretations of Sansa, but the unsullied I watch with (who is a guy if that matters) disagreed. He thought like .Leela. and just chalked it up to a poor traumatized girl fantasizing. I was pretty relieved to hear that.

But he also likes Littlefinger - "because at least he's honest about being a scum bag" - so what ya gonna do :)

LOL. I love it!

Littlefinger: *Looking all pleased with himself. "Slime? Yeah, I am, I really am."

Yeah, he doesn't even blame her for Ned's death at all (not even slightly) because

"It was Sean Bean. I was surprised he made it past the first episode"

So I guess he never got attached :laugh:

LOL. Silly man!

though I don't blame Sansa either. Neds own honor got him killed. I think Cersai would have found a way even if Sansa hadn't gone running to her.

Though, the casting of Sean Bean does seem to be a death knell for the character.

He's a good person to watch with because when a change super annoys me I try to ask him what he thinks is happening and it turns out the change wasn't as awful as I thought. It's nice.

Although occasionally he does have to ask "was this a surprise?" or "when did we see them last" "And the tall beard-guy, what's his deal again?" because he doesn't remember stuff that happened, oh 2 years ago in Season 1 b/c we haven't rewatched.

His not writing off Sansa as simply a moron has been a relief. She grew on me and I'm not sure what I would think of her with just the show.

He's a good person to watch with because when a change super annoys me I try to ask him what he thinks is happening and it turns out the change wasn't as awful as I thought. It's nice.

Although occasionally he does have to ask "was this a surprise?" or "when did we see them last" "And the tall beard-guy, what's his deal again?" because he doesn't remember stuff that happened, oh 2 years ago in Season 1 b/c we haven't rewatched.

His not writing off Sansa as simply a moron has been a relief. She grew on me and I'm not sure what I would think of her with just the show.

That does sound like a good person to watch with.

I confess to constantly rolling my eyes at Sansa the first time i read GOT. but, I eventually got to feel sorry for her, and to admire her for her simply surviving all that she has.

Figured out a nother simple but good way to put it

when she asked about her family attending her wedding, Sansa was not stupid.

She was not even naive.

She was DESPERATE.

I think, and I seem to recall her mentioning somethign similar later in the books, Sansa was at a point she would have thrown her arms around Jon Snow if she saw him.

Exactly, IF. She wishes she COULD see her family, she's constantly thinking about them. But she never ASKS because she knows she CANNOT, she KNOWS is NOT possible. All she can do is wish and hope.

So, God, can;t we forgive her for a moment where she lapsed and asked if she'd be allowed to invite her family.

I forgive Sansa. I DO NOT forgive the producers for making her look so stupid with such a ridiculous and stupid line.

a lot of the negative posts in this thread seem more like Sansa hate than really thinking that was stupid.

Not mines.

again, she had no freaking choice. What was she supposed to do?

If your options are live and give everything you have ever had to the people that killed your family, or die, the choice should be die. she should have pushed Joffrey off that bridge, she should have left with sandor, and she should have never gone against her fathers wishes and tell the queen they were going to leave.

I'm sure most have you have heard of the Christmas Truce. In 1914, during World War 1 the German and English exchanged gifts and played a football/soccer match. Maybe Sansa was hoping the Tyrells would be open to the idea. It's not the craziest thing I've ever heard from a young teenager.

Marrying Loras is a dream scenario for her. She probably doesn't realize the rest of her family wouldn't be open to such an agreement. She also must figure if she goes to Highgarden it would be like escaping the Lannister reach.

Really?

Yes, really. You don't just accept your fate that you're a lannister now. How is that even a question. She has nothing left to lose at this point, aside from a life of imprisonment, having sex with a dwarf, having dwarf children.

This isn't the typical betrothal, its forced, and she should have done something, anything, but marry tyrion.

She has nothing left to lose at this point, aside from a life of imprisonment

Yes, that's right, she has her life (and still has a plan to escape, at that). It's absurd to call her stupid for not wanting to die.

Yes, that's right, she has her life (and still has a plan to escape, at that). It's absurd to call her stupid for not wanting to die.

I think its more stupid to want to live imprisoned forcibly married to a dwarf, while the people who killed your family takes everything you ever owned. She should have gone out on her own terms and taken a lannister with her.

Cat had the option of just being imprisoned at the red wedding, she chose to instead take at least something from the man that took her last living(to her knowledge) son, even if it meant her death.

Archived