[book spoilers] Is Sansa that stupid

Syrio Foral

Totally agree.

And we could add that she really can't understand who she can trust or not.

She could trust Tyrion and she doesn't. She shouldn't trust Lilltlefinger and she does.

She is happy when his bethrotal to Jeoffrey is broken off, just hoping to "go home"?

The only things she really seems to think about are lemon cakes, silk dressing and fancy knights. In this order..

Totally agree.

And we could add that she really can't understand who she can trust or not.

She could trust Tyrion and she doesn't. She shouldn't trust Lilltlefinger and she does.

She is happy when his bethrotal to Jeoffrey is broken off, just hoping to "go home"?

The only things she really seems to think about are lemon cakes, silk dressing and fancy knights. In this order..

No, she can't trust Tyrion. He is a Lannister and is loyal to his family. Would he take her from King's Landing, away from Joffrey, Cersei and Tywin? Nope. Instead, he goes along with his father's orders and marries Sansa against her will, despite feeling bad about it. Why on Earth should she trust him?

And she doesn't necessarily trust Littlefinger, she just wants to get away from King's Landing. In the show, LF offered her an escape. In the books, it was

Dontos

. Tyrion never offered to let her escape and reunite with her family. For starters, he would never do it while Sansa being a hostage was a guarantee that Jaime wouldn't be killed - which is understandable, but again, Sansa's interests were never at the forefront of Tyrion's mind, and the interests of Tyrion and his family do not align with Sansa's interests, even in the show, where they have made him nicer to Sansa and less self-serving than in the book. He may be nicer than the rest of her captors, but he is still one of her captors.

The show has Sansa blatantly acknowledging how foolish she has been, out loud. In front of Margaery. I think this accounts for something. We have the character saying it outright in front of us. This is showing that Sansa understands her failings at least on the show. I know a few Unsullied (including my mum) who warmed to her a bit after she said that to Marg.

• 1 year later...
Been reading so many threads on here and finally decided to join. I'm currently on episode seven of season three :)

I agree I was a little surprised when she said that. As for the topic, Sansa probably assumed I her wedding would take place at Highgarden with no Lannisters in attendance. Therefore she probably thought there would be a small possibility that Robb and Cat could attend.

Archived