[Book Spoilers] Theon's Torturers: Have Your Unsullied Friends Figured it out?

JFleet

I realize there have been similar posts in the threads on Theon/boy scenes, but I haven't seen much commentary on the subject so I thought I would start a new thread.

I realize they are saving the official reveal of Boy as Ramsay Snow till sometime close to the Red Wedding for dramatic effect, but at this point isn't it all but obvious. I'm obviously biased as a book reader, but the evidence of Bolton treachery seems to be jumping right out at the viewer. I'd imagine any astute unsullied TV viewer would have come to the conclusion by now.

- The most obvious piece of evidence is the cross that Theon is being tortured on. It is literally the sigil of house Bolton. Couple that with the increased prominence of the Bolton sigil this season and it seems pretty clear where he is.

- We know from last season (The episode where Robb meets Talisa) that Roose Bolton condones flaying despite it being explicitly outlawed, and there have been multiple references about his bastard going to Winterfell. That along with Theon literally being flayed before our eyes is a big hint.

- This most recent episode showed that Roose Bolton is willing to let Jaime go instead of turn him over to Robb Stark. This is clear evidence that he is turning on Robb and should not be trusted. (Read: Don't believe his statements from earlier this season that his bastard got to Winterfell but didn't find Theon

- Last season's ending to the Winterfell arc was confusing to be sure, but wasn't it clear that Winterfell was under siege by northmen and (less clear) that Dagmer knocked Theon out to turn him over and save the rest of the Ironborn? Given that the only person we know to have been sent to lay siege to Winterfell is Bolton's bastard, shouldn't we assume that Theon was captured by Bolton men?

- There was also the rather humorous but slightly less obvious hint of the Horn in the most recent episode

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I'm a first time poster. Let me know what your unsullied friends think about Bolton's actions and the identity of Theon's torturers.

Archived