Could Varys be a faceless man?

Versiroth

He is already good at disguises and such, as it's described in the books. What I'm actually wondering, is if he'll end up face changing into Kevan Lannister in the hopes to tear down the Lannisters from the inside. This would also explain where he was all through out ADwD. He was still in Kings Landing, only he didn't look anything like himself.

I think too much is made of him being this 'master of disguise' type figure for him to be a faceless man. I like the idea that he is almost as good though, except it's his trade and there's nothing magical or skinchanging-y about it.

I do wonder where he has been though and where he will go next. I suspected he went to Illyrio, but perhaps he could simply have dissolved into KL and was maybe just waiting.

Remember Varys was an mummer/actor when he was growing up. He learnt to disguise himself very well.

Exactly. Also, upon Kevan's death, Varys remarks upon the reactions of Kevan's death. He says that Mace will suspect it was Cersei, and that Cersei would think it was Tyrion (and even if Varys hadn't used a crossbow, the same method with which Tyrion killed Tywin, Cersei would probably think it was Tyrion anyway. She sees him in every shadow).

I was thinking "no", but then maybe.......Varys was killed and replaced by an FM hired by the Iron Bank to see what was going on that the Iron Throne had stopped making payments on the loans Littlefinger took out. Doesn't explain Kevan, though. Just crackpot, I guess.

He is not that good at disguises. Shae is able to spot him straight away. I feel a true Faceless man would be better.

On the contrary he is very good at being a mummer, but Shae is very good at being a whore and a whore knows men.

Archived