[BOOK SPOILERS] "Boy's" reveal

WiCnet just retweeted a tweet from Iwan Rheon saying he's doing his Twitter Q&A next Thursday, so I think it's this Sunday's episode when all is revealed, otherwise there wouldn't be much point in asking questions, considering how cagey Iwan's been about interviews.

Cool, this gives me hope that we might be getting some kind of development this Sunday. Iwan Rheon's been great so far as GRRM's Biggest Bastard but there's only so far you can stretch the conceit of "109 Different Ways Alfie Allen Can Scream" and have it still be entertaining to most people.

It's kind of funny how well Theon works as an audience surrogate during their scene in the most recent episode; he's as confused and tired of this shit as a good portion of the viewers are, and the 'mystery' of Ramsay's identity was discussed in an almost meta way. They're practically turning to the camera and saying "Think about it - got it yet?"

It's already been revealed by IMDB, which is listing Iwan Rheon as playing Ramsay Snow in the series. Spoilers! ;)

BTW, I'm really hating the TV writers and producers for putting so much of this in instead of using that time for staying more true to the story as written. :thumbsdown:

WiCnet just retweeted a tweet from Iwan Rheon saying he's doing his Twitter Q&A next Thursday, so I think it's this Sunday's episode when all is revealed, otherwise there wouldn't be much point in asking questions, considering how cagey Iwan's been about interviews.

The people who said Theon might answer correctly about him being the Bolton Bastard were right on the money. Looks like answers this week if there's an interview

You wouldnt actually have to see it happen.

Just have Ramsay pull Theons pants down, move in and put the knife into his crotch area whilst the camera is filming from a distance, no graphic bloody gore but the viewer is left in no doubt that Poor Theon isnt a proper man anymore

I don't have a problem with this. But if he got his manhood flayed first I think that would be gratuitous

I don't have a problem with this. But if he got his manhood flayed first I think that would be gratuitous

I don't think they'll go that far. They'll be already showing enough gore by making the castration happen on screen and I think Theon's terror and desperation will be enough, especially if Alfie keeps acting so well.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions about a Ramsay reveal just because Rheon is having a Twitter Q & A. Iwan is also a musician and that tweet doesn't have any mention of GOT in it like any of the previous GOT organised Q & A's.

Yeah but WiCnet retweeted it, which at least suggests it might by GoT related, and also plotwise they can't hold off the reveal any longer. Each of Theon's scenes have advanced his plot in some way-

Ep2: He's reintroduced to the show

Ep3: 'Boy' helps him escape, then saves his life, earning his trust

Ep4: Theon confesses his guilt, then is recaptures

Ep6: 'Boy's' sadistic nature is shown, and the question of his identity is dangled over the viewers.

The next logical step is for 'Boy's' identity to be revealed. Theon's only in two more episodes, and I'm assuming one of them will be in Ep10 (there's no way D&D will miss the chance to see Theon's reaction to Robb's death), so Ep7 is the last we'll see of Theon before the finale. Another round of torture withoutany plot advancement would be pointless.

I just hope they put the torture off screen for awhile. I don't want to actually see a gelding. I don't think it matters if they reveal him or not. Roose said he would send his Bastard to root Theon out of Winterfell and then last episode he was blowing the horn so.... It's there if you are looking for it... For those who didn't catch that, it probably would be better to hold off on as much of Roose's duplicitousness for as long as possible.

Yeah but WiCnet retweeted it, which at least suggests it might by GoT related, and also plotwise they can't hold off the reveal any longer. Each of Theon's scenes have advanced his plot in some way-

Ep2: He's reintroduced to the show

Ep3: 'Boy' helps him escape, then saves his life, earning his trust

Ep4: Theon confesses his guilt, then is recaptures

Ep6: 'Boy's' sadistic nature is shown, and the question of his identity is dangled over the viewers.

The next logical step is for 'Boy's' identity to be revealed. Theon's only in two more episodes, and I'm assuming one of them will be in Ep10 (there's no way D&D will miss the chance to see Theon's reaction to Robb's death), so Ep7 is the last we'll see of Theon before the finale. Another round of torture withoutany plot advancement would be pointless.

What was the purpose for releasing Theon anyway? What did they get out of that? His trust? ... by killing his own soldiers.

Well, what did Theon tell him? That he didnt kill the Stark boys?

I dont know, seems illogical, at least for me as I havent read storm of swords.

What was the purpose for releasing Theon anyway? What did they get out of that? His trust? ... by killing his own soldiers.

Well, in the books Ramsay release Theon and a girl (Kyra, Theon's lover from Winterfell) and make them believe they escaped the Dreadfort, only to hunt them later for fun (Ramsay hunt and rape womans for sport, and name his dogs after them)

At least in the show there was a reason for the fake escape (learn the fate of the kids), he did tell Theon last sunday that the reason why all it's happening is because he enjoy it

That settles it. The reveal is this week.

I'm gonna go with 'boy' is a batshit crazy psychopath and was playing a twisted, sadistic, game with Theon. That, and he garnered some little tidbits of important info from Theon as well.

I'm gonna go with 'boy' is a batshit crazy psychopath and was playing a twisted, sadistic, game with Theon. That, and he garnered some little tidbits of important info from Theon as well.

And that knife looks like the perfect instrument for gathering Theon's little "tidbits", lulz.

That piece of information is limitless in value. Bran and Rickon are the heirs to Winterfell if Robb Stark dies. Bran and Rickon being alive means that Bolton can't take Winterfell by marrying Sansa or Arya. That piece of information was worth 50 soldiers, but... I think Ramsay is just a sick son of a bitch and likes to kill people without giving it a second thought. 4 or 5 soldiers are play things in his twisted game with his Reek.

Archived