[BOOK SPOILERS] "Boy's" reveal

Yeah, although loved the torture scene in episode 6, this one was a bit boring and way too long.

I did like the novelty of the flaying. But. I don't need the Theon torture hour every episode. I have had my quota.

I almost feel like Jack Gleeson makes such a despicable Joffrey that the show is REALLY going into overdrive to establish that Ramsay is even more sadistic.

Jack makes a perfect Joffrey. He is exactly as I imagined him. We have years to prove that Ramsay makes Joff look like a kitten. We don't need to cram it into S3. Just my two cents.

If not for the final part of it, I would have enjoyed being "tortured" by Ramsay.

UM, no, you would not. You missed the point entirely. Did you not see Theon's face? He was TERRIFIED. He did not want it. It was essentially rape ... he KNEW it was a trap. He was torn b/c of his body's natural response. It was a wonderfully nuanced performance on his part, tbh.

I liked the idea for the scene, but I think it would have worked better if it had been a little shorter and maybe if the girls had been as scared as he was. They were a little too into it IMO.

This was my major problem with this scene ... are those girls really safe from rape/flaying now? I mean, come on, it's RAMSAY!

This will be the intro in the episode where Ramsay's revealed, I just know it - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EZg8cyIT8FU

In all seriousness this scene was awkwardly done and the timing could have been much better, but this pretty much had to happen. Sex is a big thing for Theon, not just in terms of his relationship with the ladies but for how he saw himself and asserted his power. Getting his 'manhood' taken away is one of the biggest things that puts him on his path of Reekification.

It's also kind of interesting how they challenged the preconcieved notions a lot of viewers have about sex on the show. Two naked ladies grinding up on a dude, awesome ri- no no nooo it's a trap aaahhhh. It was funny watching a few of my more dudebro friends' reactions go from :D to :bawl: as they realized the implications of what was happening.

I'm glad they didn't show it in any more detail than they did, ugh. Enough is enough, and the scene was already over-long. I'm just glad this shit is behind us until their last episode. Just gotta keep in mind that all this torture bullshit is the slog we have to endure to establish Ramsay and get to the good part of Theon's arc since there's no inner monologue or flashbacks.

Mixed feelings on Theon this week. It was clearly a very symbolic scene and demonstrated the gradual and complete destruction of everything Theon ever was. Also cranked the Ramsay psycho scale up a notch. That horn as well. Knowing Ramsay was coming back made the scene unbearably tense.

However, the next time we see Ramsay, we should hear the name Ramsay. I hope this will be episode 9. possibly 10, but the more negative part of me thinks we might not even hear it this season.

Episode 10 better tie all loose ends and reveal Ramsay. Bout damn time. And the girls in the scene tonight were just so awful with horrible dialogue, like evil bitchy accomplices to Ramsay? Since when? lol sooo out of character for him. Anyways i really hope this was all worth it and the reveal will be done well so we end off on a good note.

I think by Ep 10 we have to see Theon becoming Reek. Otherwise people will be justified in asking what the point of it all was.

Episode 10 is way too soon for that. They'll just have to wait until season 5 to find out just why Theon's Reek-ification was so necessary.

Finally!

So glad to see this progressing along as we hoped it would. It would be great to get a scene like this every week. When the scene with Theon came on a few of us in the watching party gave the knowing looks. Then, as was predicted by myself and many others, Theon was de junked.

Can't wait to watch it again when I get home from work. The horn was a nice touch.

I'm in mourning for Theon's junk. :bawl:

Last week's scene was much better, but there were a few details I liked

- Theon is starting to Reek it up -- when Ramsay came in, he was freakin' covering his face and trying to disappear into a chair.

- Ramsay smacking him with the horn. It was just so...Ramsay.

So since we only have 3 episodes left and Theon is set to appear in only one more episode, I'm going to list everything we are anticipating with Theon and 'Boy'

Boy's Identity to be revealed, the possible hunt for Bran and Rickon, the piece of skin sent to Robb and Theon taking the Reek identity. There will be no escape attempt with Kyra as that 'escape' has already been played out.

Now first what are we expecting this season before season 4? The flayed skin sent to Robb if that does in fact happen. That's about all we can really expect THIS season.

Now for Season 4 let's only go through the earlier episodes that take place during the latter of book 3. Events of book 4 and 5 aside, we can expect most of the other things that we expect to happen in the early episodes of season 4. The identity unveiling, Theon finally becoming Reek and the possible hunt for Bran and Rickon.

So unfortunately we will have to go through just one more pointless torture scene in the season finale and all the rest is for season 4 to go with the events of book 5 where Reek is summoned from the dungeons to give away 'fake Arya' and to tell the Ironborn to surrender in Moat Cailin.

Archived