[BOOK SPOILERS] "Boy's" reveal

then why they not showing the dreadfort in opening credits ?

because he's a minor character, minor characters don't get shown on the map.

And what's the purpose of making an effort to hide where he is from the character and the audience to only put his location on the map?

Defeats the point a bit.

I have a theory that Theon's scenes are happening chronologically earlier than everyone else and that his cock warged across King's Landing into Podrick's cock just before the castration/gelding, and that is why Pod was able to baffle everyone in King's Landing with his sexual prowess.

It's already been revealed by IMDB, which is listing Iwan Rheon as playing Ramsay Snow in the series. Spoilers!

IMDB is user-edited. When he was first announced as playing 'Boy', someone assumed (probably correctly) that he'd be playing Ramsay Bolton and adjusted the credit accordingly. They might still be wrong (though they are almost certainly not).

I wouldn't jump to conclusions about a Ramsay reveal just because Rheon is having a Twitter Q & A. Iwan is also a musician and that tweet doesn't have any mention of GOT in it like any of the previous GOT organised Q & A's.

Rheon is also a regular on Vicious, a new, prime-time comedy series airing on ITV with Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi (which, despite the stellar cast, is awful). Based on how Twitter rolls (and in particular the number of Americans participating, who wouldn't know Vicious or his music career), I'm sure GoT will dominate the questions, which he might not be expecting.

So unfortunately we will have to go through just one more pointless torture scene in the season finale and all the rest is for season 4 to go with the events of book 5 where Reek is summoned from the dungeons to give away 'fake Arya' and to tell the Ironborn to surrender in Moat Cailin.

Why do you consider these scenes pointless? GRRM wrote the one last night right, does he not know what he is doing?

Many people, myself included, find them to be the most enjoyable part of the show. If you find them disturbing it's a fair point and I can understand that some people just aren't strong enough for that kind of thing. But those scenes are far from pointless. In fact, it's awesome how they include comedy parts also. The horn gimmick has been hillarious.

Why do you consider these scenes pointless? GRRM wrote the one last night right, does he not know what he is doing?

Many people, myself included, find them to be the most enjoyable part of the show. If you find them disturbing it's a fair point and I can understand that some people just aren't strong enough for that kind of thing. But those scenes are far from pointless. In fact, it's awesome how they include comedy parts also. The horn gimmick has been hillarious.

I just wish it was clearer to the non-readers that the scenes are as much about "boy" as they are about Theon. Quite a few people think they're just trying to make Theon sympathetic.

I have a theory that Theon's scenes are happening chronologically earlier than everyone else and that his cock warged across King's Landing into Podrick's cock just before the castration/gelding, and that is why Pod was able to baffle everyone in King's Landing with his sexual prowess.

Awesome!!!

UM, no, you would not. You missed the point entirely. Did you not see Theon's face? He was TERRIFIED. He did not want it. It was essentially rape ... he KNEW it was a trap. He was torn b/c of his body's natural response. It was a wonderfully nuanced performance on his part, tbh.

I was just kidding, duh. But either way, Theon's willy at least was given a goodbye chance.

I think at this point dramatic irony would be serving Theon's story more -- the audience realizing who Ramsay is before Theon. Just because it's really not that "OMFG!" of a reveal. If Roose is way over in Harrenhall, it could be implied he doesn't realize what sonny boy is up to.

I'm wondering if Rheon's going to be bombarded with GOT questions. Poor guy is going to be facepalming. You could tell in earlier interviews he's trying not to laugh at having to hold in his character.

Nice.

There's always the possibility Ramsay will be summoned to the Twins (and bring along a piece of Theon's skin instead of mailing it) and help out with the RW. It would make for a very visible reveal; if not to Theon, then to us.

Oh Theon. :crying: ----> me every week.

The scene was intense for sure... ButI wonder how come Ramsay gets female henchwomen. Wasn't it stated that he raped and kill girls only and the men were his henchmen? Ah well surely after that scene they'll get flayed.

Anyways, not sure if they'll have the reveal yet. Maybe they'll make along with the RW, but eh, considering they're cutting so much character-info this season, i'm not hoping too much.

There's always the possibility Ramsay will be summoned to the Twins (and bring a long a piece of Theon's skin instead of mailing it) and help out with the RW. It would make for a very visible reveal; if not to Theon, then to us.

Yeah that would have been an epic reveal and I also suggested this a while back then was reminded its impossible due to the vast distance. As someone else suggested, he would need Littlefinger's Lamborghini to get there on time lol.

I liked the opposite idea someone had of Roose busting in to the torture chamber and giving his bastard a lecture about not killing Theon, but it has the same timing challenge as the reverse and wouldn't work unless they held the reveal until the final episode.

That would give you Roose in all his quiet glory as a contrast to crazy Ramsey, it would be great TV.

Not sure if anyone theorized this elsewhere, but what if Ramsays reveal happens in episode 9, but instead of being separate from the Red Wedding, what if he actually shows up at the Red Wedding?

A lot of people are saying that Roose might give Robb skin from Theon's pinky like in the book. But for some reason that doesn't really seem like itd work on the show like it did in the books, especially since we knew who Ramsay was at that point in the books, and were kept in the dark as far as Theon...What if Robb is talking to Roose at the wedding and someone comes up and Roose introduces him as his bastard, and the camera pans to reveal Theon's captor? I think that's be harder hitting for a reveal then just doing it separately.

Thoughts?

Not sure if anyone theorized this elsewhere, but what if Ramsays reveal happens in episode 9, but instead of being separate from the Red Wedding, what if he actually shows up at the Red Wedding?

A lot of people are saying that Roose might give Robb skin from Theon's pinky like in the book. But for some reason that doesn't really seem like itd work on the show like it did in the books, especially since we knew who Ramsay was at that point in the books, and were kept in the dark as far as Theon...What if Robb is talking to Roose at the wedding and someone comes up and Roose introduces him as his bastard, and the camera pans to reveal Theon's captor? I think that's be harder hitting for a reveal then just doing it separately.

Thoughts?

Read the above posts.. That's unlikely to happen if you look at a map of Westeros

It would still be a great way of handling the reveal if they have Roose show the flayed skin to Robb and say "This is Theon Greyjoy's skin. My bastard wanted to make a gift of it to you to show that the turncloak is paying for his sins" shortly prior to Roose stabbing Robb in the heart. They really should have that exchange in E09, so that non-readers might think twice about Roose actually betraying Robb before it happens since it seems a popular theory.

I do not believe there will be any reveal in the next 2 episodes. In fact, I think Ramsay and Theon are totally absent until the finale. There will be no hunt for Bran and Rickon, no piece of flayed skin for Robb and no second escape attempt by Theon.

Maybe the reveal will be in the finale if it is not just another torture scene as we know for sure Theon is set to appear one more time. But if they don't that means the Bastard of the Dreadfort will continue to be a ghost character for another year.

Ghost character: He is absent in season 1. In Season 2 he is only referenced. In Season 3 is referenced and appears but the link is not made to his identity.

I just wish it was clearer to the non-readers that the scenes are as much about "boy" as they are about Theon. Quite a few people think they're just trying to make Theon sympathetic.

I don't if there is much you can do about it. TV viewers, and hell, a good portion of book reader can't accept that the book might not be about just the Starks and the Lannisters and pretty much regard developments of other characters, chief among them THEON!, as a waste of time. I may not have thought the most recent scene was done well, but I certainly dont think it was pointless. They are basically doing the development of Theon that happens in ADWD earlier and it will have the down the road benefit of making the AFFC/ADWD season easier to adapt.

Archived