Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merchant of Yi Ti

[BOOK SPOILERS] "Boy's" reveal

I'd laugh so fucking hard if Rheon is only playing Reek, and the real Ramsay comes out on Sunday... played by Robert Sheehan. :drunk:

Yeah, Iwan having a twitter Q&A probably has nothig to do w/ GOT (I hope I'm wrong, though!) ... he seems super focused on his music and the new show in the UK he's on ...

I'd laugh so fucking hard if Rheon is only playing Reek, and the real Ramsay comes out on Sunday... played by Robert Sheehan. :drunk:

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Varys: "With a hooked blade, he sliced me root and stem."

just sayin.

A eunuch cannot be an heir. The whole invalidate-the-Kingsmoot notion requires that Theon not have been rendered an invalid heir.

Even fathom howw non book readers dont know that 'Boy' is Bolton's bastard..Season 2 made it SOOOO clear that Bolton"s Bastard was outside Winterfell with 500 men and that the ironborn had betrayed Theon in order to hand them over to him. Then theres the huge cross that Theons tied to, along with the the abundance of the Bolton banner so far this season featuring said cross - i mean C'MON!!!! Wake up

Even fathom howw non book readers dont know that 'Boy' is Bolton's bastard..Season 2 made it SOOOO clear that Bolton"s Bastard was outside Winterfell with 500 men and that the ironborn had betrayed Theon in order to hand them over to him. Then theres the huge cross that Theons tied to, along with the the abundance of the Bolton banner so far this season featuring said cross - i mean C'MON!!!! Wake up

Because the vast majority of viewers are extremely casual viewers, people who watch every episode once weekly, never re-watch or check up stuff online and then don't see GOT again for an entire year. They can't be blamed for not putting the pieces together.

All my non-book reading mates haven't clicked where Theon is yet.

That would be brilliant!

The question is: would you be able to notice those details without knowing what you know, and figure it out for yourself?

Theon: I know who you are now. The X, the flaying. We're at the Dreadfort, this is House Bolton and you're the Bastard of Bolton!

Ramsay: What did you just call me...

Theon: A BASTARD! A FUCKING BASTARD!! COWARD! YOU'RE A FUCKING BASTARD!!

Ramsay:*crazy eyes* You're gonna wish you hadn't called me bastard

I'm hoping Theon figures it out instead of being told, allows him to show 1 last moment of fight & defiance before he is completely broken.

To be fair, it is very easy for you to notice the correlation when you already know that characters identity.

Theon: I know who you are now. The X, the flaying. We're at the Dreadfort, this is House Bolton and you're the Bastard of Bolton!

Ramsay: What did you just call me...

Theon: A BASTARD! A FUCKING BASTARD!! COWARD! YOU'RE A FUCKING BASTARD!!

Ramsay:*crazy eyes* You're gonna wish you hadn't called me bastard

I'm hoping Theon figures it out instead of being told, allows him to show 1 last moment of fight & defiance before he is completely broken.

Yes the FIRST and possibly LAST act of defiance. I honestly find it very unlike Theon's character that he seems so passive with Ramsay. In the books it clearly says Theon used to fight back and be defiant and have some fight in him at the beginning, but show Theon is kind of 'ahh w.e i'm hungry and tired flay away' . Like come on Theon u can't already be so weak.. If the speculation is true and he is castrated (please gods no) then I doubt we will ever see him fight back. It would have been nice to see some of the old Theon before he becomes 'not even a man' Reek.

Yes the FIRST and possibly LAST act of defiance. I honestly find it very unlike Theon's character that he seems so passive with Ramsay. In the books it clearly says Theon used to fight back and be defiant and have some fight in him at the beginning, but show Theon is kind of 'ahh w.e i'm hungry and tired flay away' . Like come on Theon u can't already be so weak.. If the speculation is true and he is castrated (please gods no) then I doubt we will ever see him fight back. It would have been nice to see some of the old Theon before he becomes 'not even a man' Reek.

I thought all the book said was that Ramsay didn't like his smiles. As in he didn't realize what a sick bastard he was dealing with and thought he could get away with that smile that all the other characters hated about him. I think it was described as him laughing at a joke only he could hear or something. But yeah he was probably a bit defiant.

I just want them to reveal who he is now because I hear so many people saying they're losing interest in the show (this being one of the reasons why) and that makes me sad. Either that or just leave the story alone for a bit.

Because the vast majority of viewers are extremely casual viewers, people who watch every episode once weekly, never re-watch or check up stuff online and then don't see GOT again for an entire year. They can't be blamed for not putting the pieces together.

I honestly think its because people in general are NOT very observant! Consider how many people are severely distracted in day to day life. Maybe some few people who are observant would notice but the majority of people are such zombies it's pathetic. even when blantantly stating who he was, people would go... huh?

I honestly think its because people in general are NOT very observant! Consider how many people are severely distracted in day to day life. Maybe some few people who are observant would notice but the majority of people are such zombies it's pathetic. even when blantantly stating who he was, people would go... huh?

I agree. For this reason, I doubt they will call him the bastard of Bolton. They need to spell it out more for the dim-witted show-only viewers (as in the show viewers who are dim-witted, not that all show-only viewers are stupid). They will probably have him say he's Ramsay Snow, Roose Bolton's bastard, and show him reacting to name Snow. Then he flips out

I'm really hoping he doesn't get castrated ... why would Ramsay throw him on the ground where he can squirm and struggle to do something like that? Why not just do it with him strapped to the cross? Maybe something else entirely is going on? I just don't know.

I'm really hoping he doesn't get castrated ... why would Ramsay throw him on the ground where he can squirm and struggle to do something like that? Why not just do it with him strapped to the cross? Maybe something else entirely is going on? I just don't know.

I am completely sure that is a gelding knife Ramsay had in his hand in the preview. Varys said the sorcerer castrated him with a hooked blade, and now we are seeing Ramsay we a hooked blade. I just don't know why Theon isn't tied to the cross. Maybe Ramsay took him for a walk in the dungeons, showing the skins of Dagmer and the other ironmen that followed Theon? That I don't know, but what I do know is that Theon is getting Varys-ed, no doubt about it.

In my vision of events, he pretends he's going to let him go for getting it right but then kicks him around a bit instead and says that he is going to castrate him because EVERYONE KNOWS Theon loves sticking his dick in things. And Ramsay don't like bastards.

*ugly sobbing* everyone is killing my hopes and dreams for poor Theon's junk.

Nope. I don't care one way or another. I don't think it's necessary really, but I can understand what it adds. I was just answering your question of a reason why he would have him on the ground.