Small questions v.10005

Angalin

Has the wall always 'wept'? Is this a recent thing? Do we know either way?

It's a magical wall so i thought maybe in the past the wall was 'stronger' and this might not have been happening.

Yes i know ice melts, but its magic ice.

The Ice part does melt, and the NW used to add a few feet each year to the wall to increase its height, however i cant be sure if the ice is magic itself, there are runes in the ice which are magical in nature and the weirwood gate we saw at Nightfort, the ice itself is not magic but perhaps the runes are what makes it magical. Now i don't remember where the runes are mentioned but perhaps i am confusing them with SE. We know that dead bodies don't turn into wights south of the wall, so far, so there is defiantly some powerful runes protecting the wall.

Did Jorah stop the attempt to poison Dany with the wine because of a warning he recieved from Viserys and Illyrio, or was it a change of heart that he had at the last second??

Both. His motivation was because of his love, but his ability was because of the warning.

Edit: Now that I actually think about it, I'm not sure that he really loved her that early on. Either way, the warning was why he could.

When asked how many winters he has seen, Tyrion says nine. Does he mean nine years or nine winters?

It can't be nine winters because he was born in 274AL which makes him 23 years old. The summer had lasted 9 years which means he was 14-15 when summer started.

so it can't possibly be 9 winters.

He means nine winters. Their seasons don't run as ours do, in tandem with the years. So the last winter was when he was 14 or so. Prior to that there were eight winters, spaced randomly across 14 years.

He means nine winters. Their seasons don't run as ours do, in tandem with the years. So the last winter was when he was 14 or so. Prior to that there were eight winters, spaced randomly across 14 years.

Indeed, with the first one being the one he was born in. By the way, the original quote says something like "8 or 9, I'm not sure" or so. All of which, they hasten to add, were very short. Nothing like what's coming.

In AFFC Eyrie is almoust starving, because of the blockade, what happend ? I mean Eyrie has the granary as large as Winterfell, they are untouched by war and Vale is very fertile.

Lysa just did't fill the granary ?

In AFFC Eyrie is almoust starving, because of the blockade, what happend ? I mean Eyrie has the granary as large as Winterfell, they are untouched by war and Vale is very fertile.

Yes the granary is large but it can store things like, wheat, barley corn, its the meat, stuff like eggs, fruits, other sort of food that cant be stored, the eyrie doesn't have any place for livestock I think, they do have ox to bring in the basket, but that's it, perhaps the kitchens can bake bread and stuff but they will have to supplied in milk products from below, like the gates of the moon. And it was perhaps too soon to store food as Lysa didn't see any danger and she was secure in the Eyrie, may be a mistake on her part, but usually we see people storing a part of their harvest when winter is near, Lysa may have not seen to it, and since they were blockaded their food stores are bound to dwindle to stuff like that.

The Eyrie is a "Summer" palace. The Arryns always move to the "Winter" palace, "The Gates of The Moon" because the Eyrie is inaccessible during the winter. The reason the Eyrie is starving in AFFC is that the Lords Declarant blockaded it, refusing to allow Mya to bring up "perishables"; so they were eating porridge. As soon as Littlefinger and Ser Lyn Cobray acted out their little drama, the Lords Declarant agreed to give Petyr one year to impress them and ended the blockade.

Quick question, where can I find the latest progress update/news about the next book? Been a while since I heard anything about it.

Yeah I have been waiting for an update on Dunk & Egg fourth novella, I know that it has been finished by GRRM but for some reason he postponed it. Same here I also need to know where to find updates/news for the next books

Yeah I have been waiting for an update on Dunk & Egg fourth novella, I know that it has been finished by GRRM but for some reason he postponed it. Same here I also need to know where to find updates/news for the next books

Yeah whoops I meant news for the next bookS, she-wolves and TWOW. There was a 'progress update' thread in the adwd forum, but it got locked pretty quickly.

Did Jorah stop the attempt to poison Dany with the wine because of a warning he recieved from Viserys and Illyrio, or was it a change of heart that he had at the last second??

I believe it was both. While I don't think he loved her that early on, he had begun to care for her in some manner.

When Arya goes blind in the House of Black and White, is she really blind or is something put over her eyes? It would seem she drinks the milk and is blind when she wakes the next morning. Also her blindness seems to be "cured" when she is given some other liquid. I'm wondering if the Kindly Man is just blinding her by covering her eyes, otherwise its really hard to lose and regain sight?

When Arya goes blind in the House of Black and White, is she really blind or is something put over her eyes? It would seem she drinks the milk and is blind when she wakes the next morning. Also her blindness seems to be "cured" when she is given some other liquid. I'm wondering if the Kindly Man is just blinding her by covering her eyes, otherwise its really hard to lose and regain sight?

I think it's just the potions. One makes you blind, the other gives sight back. There's an emphasis on the making of potions in the house.

In DWD (Morrmets?) crow calls out "Jon Crow" not just "crow" or the usual "corn" could be Bran green dreaming? I think its The same crow that first called out "king" ?

the theory is that Bloodraven/the guy of wood that's in the cave with Bran, is warging that crow all along.

The great horn blown ant the kingsmoot- is that a tool only if blown by a Targaryen lives after using & only works if blown by the rightful (?)?? Just wondering

Really nobody knows what's going on with that horn.

Archived