Small questions v.10005

Angalin

the theory is that Bloodraven/the guy of wood that's in the cave with Bran, is warging that crow all along.

Bloodraven - i thought that guy was a Stark crypt king missing his bronze sword. Is he the greenseer tree/man I thought was named Brynden.

Also-

Is coldhands Benjen?

Bloodraven - i thought that guy was a Stark crypt king missing his bronze sword. Is he the greenseer tree/man I thought was named Brynden.

Also-

Is coldhands Benjen?

Bloodraven is a Targaryen bastard and sorceror who was sent to the Wall, there became Lord Commander and under unknown circumstances became the guy in the tree. "Brynden Rivers" is his official name, "Bloodraven" was what people called him.

Coldhand's id is unknown, there are arguments for and against Benjen and several threads where they get exchanged (just search for Coldhands).

when is it that Jon first put the bodies in the ice cells?

a quote snippet would be handy!

They did the same with the two corpses, to the puzzlement of Iron Emmett. “They will only slow us, my lord,” he said to Jon. “We should chop them up and burn them.”

“No,” said Jon. “Bring them. I have a use for them.”

ADwD p. 469 Jon VII

when is it that Jon first put the bodies in the ice cells?

a quote snippet would be handy!

Just after the new Men of nights watch gave oaths @ weirwood ( Satin, Horse) 2 dead from ww-groove were put in the ice cells.

quote:

They did the same with the two corpses, to the puzzlement of Iron Emmett. "They will only slow us, my lord," he said to Jon. "We should chop them up and burn them."

"No, said Jon. "Bring them. I have a use for them."

The great horn blown ant the kingsmoot- is that a tool only if blown by a Targaryen lives after using & only works if blown by the rightful (?)?? Just wondering

Morroqo said that Vicatrion will have to claim the horn with blood, i think he does that but he doesn't necessarily have to blow it himself and live, he chooses 3 oarsmen to do that otherwise he will die if he blows the horn, the horn belongs to Victarion now because Morroqo helped him do it, this is all we know about the horn, there is not much info on it.

Quick question, where can I find the latest progress update/news about the next book? Been a while since I heard anything about it.

Last I heard the hedge night series was going to be combined into one book, and she wolves would come out just before that and be added to the single book hedge night collection. The world book is due out in October last I heard. And on WoW, i have this youtube clip where he gives an update on the book from April 6th 2013. Also feel free to check out Sophie Turner standing right next to him. This is not fan speculation this is Martin making a specific statement about Winds, it's not good, well not good if you want it soon.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=BUp_RtzYMhk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBUp_RtzYMhk

Yeah I have been waiting for an update on Dunk & Egg fourth novella, I know that it has been finished by GRRM but for some reason he postponed it. Same here I also need to know where to find updates/news for the next books

I don't think he finished it. I'd love to think that, if you can post a link or something.

Last I heard the hedge night series was going to be combined into one book, and she wolves would come out just before that and be added to the single book hedge night collection. The world book is due out in October last I heard. And on WoW, i have this youtube clip where he gives an update on the book from April 6th 2013. Also feel free to check out Sophie Turner standing right next to him. This is not fan speculation this is Martin making a specific statement about Winds, it's not good, well not good if you want it soon.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=BUp_RtzYMhk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBUp_RtzYMhk

The world book has been postponed for a year.

The world book has been postponed for a year.

I don't understand the whole postpone thing, the fourth Dunk and Egg should have been out by now, i read somewhere online that it was finished but not published, why didn't it come out with dangerous women as planned.

I don't understand the whole postpone thing, the fourth Dunk and Egg should have been out by now, i read somewhere online that it was finished but not published, why didn't it come out with dangerous women as planned.

For the World Book,read the The World of Ice and Fire section of the forum.The D&E Novell has been postponed till further notice.

When Arya goes blind in the House of Black and White, is she really blind or is something put over her eyes? It would seem she drinks the milk and is blind when she wakes the next morning. Also her blindness seems to be "cured" when she is given some other liquid. I'm wondering if the Kindly Man is just blinding her by covering her eyes, otherwise its really hard to lose and regain sight?

She is really blind from something in the milk she drinks every night. Her sight is restored by a different potion. They know their potions.

The great horn blown ant the kingsmoot- is that a tool only if blown by a Targaryen lives after using & only works if blown by the rightful (?)?? Just wondering

Moqorro can read Valyrian and presumably Euron had someone read the glyphs on the horn to him. We dont know what all is on that horn except we know the man who blows it will crisp right up. In a chapter from TWOW there is more chat about the horn. So far anyone who blows it dies according to what Moqorro says he reads.

I have a question about Varys, does anyone think it strange that he hasn't reacted to the threat of the others at the wall?, i mean he is the spider and knows everything, shouldn't this kind of news trouble Varys as he despises and knows that magic and the supernatural exists, if his end game is to place Aegon on the IT, a blackfyre, why hasn't he reacted to the others to make sure the realm is secure for Aegon?

I have a question about Varys, does anyone think it strange that he hasn't reacted to the threat of the others at the wall?, i mean he is the spider and knows everything, shouldn't this kind of news trouble Varys as he despises and knows that magic and the supernatural exists, if his end game is to place Aegon on the IT, a blackfyre, why hasn't he reacted to the others to make sure the realm is secure for Aegon?

Like 99% of southern folk I don't think he cares at all about what happens in the North. Plus he's not THAT knowledgeable. Hell even Ned didn't bother checking up on the NW deserter's claim of the Others returning.

In ACoK 18 Tyrion mentions the thief, poisoner, mummer, and murder that Varys is to send to Riverrun in order to free Jaime. We later see them nearly succeed but get caught and hung.

Are those four men mentioned earlier in the book? It seemed to come out of nowhere.

Archived