Small questions v.10005

Angalin

Are you referring to the part where Bran mentions that Summer feels the cold but not like they do?

Might be! do you know where i should be looking for that?

Or ANYWHERE you can think of where it's said a warg feels cold inside a direwolf.

I think you're idea might be what i'm remembering though.

Or ANYWHERE you can think of where it's said a warg feels cold inside a direwolf.

Once Bran&Co get north of the wall he mentions it a few times that Summer "feels the cold but not the way they do" I think the same is said in one of the Jon chapters when he first starts wolfdreaming with Ghost.

Well, the inhabitants of Earth knew that their world isn't flat long before reaching an equivalent level of progress. So I assume they are aware (or at least the sailors, maesters and well read lords are). They do put crow's nests on their ships, so at the very least, they grasp the practical implications.

I dont think they have figured out the clock yet because they dont like to venture past the shore unless they know exactly where they are headed. (longitude)

The Hound could read the promissary note the BwB gave him, so yes to both.

Not necessarily as he knows exactly how much gold Beric took from him and Beric told him the paper was an IOU for the gold.

There is no textual evidence either way, but the general consensus seems to be that Mormonts Raven is being warged by Bloodraven.

Yeah Mormont doesnt seem to have much conscious understanding of what the raven is saying and we have no mention of him talking through the raven - with messages - in fact he carries ravens on his ranging. He didnt do any flying either that we know of.

Quick question so I don't have to reread all the Mel chapters, R'Hllor followers are only concerned with burning Weirwoods not all trees right?

I think Mel in particular has a thing about cutting and burning weirwood trees. Most of the others are in Essos where there are no weirwood trees. Thoros does not seem to take an interest in anything like that. Still they do seem intolerant of other religions so if more come over to Westeros they might want to burn the false gods as well. I think they would want to burn any tree that is a source of worship, so even the Oak tree that is the heart tree in the KL godswood would be fair game. Stannis seems to have taken Jons advice to heart and is not insulting the Northerners by burningn down their weirwood trees. Still he did burn the one at Storms End, not exactly sure why he did or what the purpose was supposed to be.

Wood plays an important part in their religion, they consider fire to be the one Gods gift and wood is the primary fuel for it. So you figure they would have some sort of reverence for trees. I do not think that there is a good answer for this yet.

I think Mel in particular has a thing about cutting and burning weirwood trees. Most of the others are in Essos where there are no weirwood trees. Thoros does not seem to take an interest in anything like that. Still they do seem intolerant of other religions so if more come over to Westeros they might want to burn the false gods as well. I think they would want to burn any tree that is a source of worship, so even the Oak tree that is the heart tree in the KL godswood would be fair game. Stannis seems to have taken Jons advice to heart and is not insulting the Northerners by burningn down their weirwood trees. Still he did burn the one at Storms End, not exactly sure why he did or what the purpose was supposed to be.

Wood plays an important part in their religion, they consider fire to be the one Gods gift and wood is the primary fuel for it. So you figure they would have some sort of reverence for trees. I do not think that there is a good answer for this yet.

Thanks saved me some rereading.

Quick question so I don't have to reread all the Mel chapters, R'Hllor followers are only concerned with burning Weirwoods not all trees right?

They are concerned with burning symbols of gods. But if they want a fire most woods will do. And people they like burning people.

Do you just want body temp, or the fact that they taste what the wolves eat, and feel what the wolves feel?

Try Dance Chapter 3 and 4, Swords chapter 9, Kings chapter 53. Those will help you the most with Jon and Bran warging and what occures and what they feel.

I don't remember reading about any IronBorn knights, so do the IronBorn follow knighthood and its related customs?

They don't keep with the seven so I doubt they have knighthood. Kind of like the north. I don't actually remember reading it but it would seem that way to me.

Archived