Another Clue: Jon Snow's Resurrection

Lord Hound

OK, you are new, so I`ll be nice here.

Show and books are 2 separate entities. You can`t use show as sign of what`s going to happen in the books. It doesn`t work that way.

As for Melisandre doing `breathe of life` to Jon, it`s all deja vu. It would be repetative and boring. And I wouldn`t like it.

edit: spelling

I'd hate it if Jon turned out like Beric or Cat, UnJon. I'd rather have Bloodraven and Bran resurrect Jon by

using Theon's blood sacrifice in front of the Wierwoods, and use this to force his soul from Ghost back to his human body

I'd hate it if Jon turned out like Beric or Cat, UnJon. I'd rather have Bloodraven and Bran resurrect Jon by

using Theon's blood sacrifice in front of the Wierwoods, and use this to force soul from Ghost back to his human bodies.

:agree: I don't want Jon to return like Beric and Catelyn

Well i'm new here and have only recently finished reading the books but....why all this talk of resurrection?? Isn't it possible that jon might just, y'know, survive? As far as I can tell he was definitely stabbed twice. The first knife missed him, and we are only told that he ''never felt'' the fourth. There might not even have been a fourth. How do we know someone didn't rush in and swamp his assassins after the chapter ended? And it wouldn't be ridiculous for a man to survive a few stab wounds, even in westeros where there's no hospitals or ambulances.

Well i'm new here and have only recently finished reading the books but....why all this talk of resurrection?? Isn't it possible that jon might just, y'know, survive? As far as I can tell he was definitely stabbed twice. The first knife missed him, and we are only told that he ''never felt'' the fourth. There might not even have been a fourth. How do we know someone didn't rush in and swamp his assassins after the chapter ended? And it wouldn't be ridiculous for a man to survive a few stab wounds, even in westeros where there's no hospitals or ambulances.

This is what I would prefer. If he does have to be resurrected, I hope that it isn't Mel.

OK, you are new, so I`ll be nice here.

Show and books are 2 separate entities. You can`t use show as sign of what`s going to happen in the books. It doesn`t work that way.

As for Melisandre doing `breathe of life` to Jon, it`s all deja vu. It would be repetative and boring. And I wouldn`t like it.

edit: spelling

While I agree that the books and show are different, we need to keep in mind that the producers of the show know how ASOIAF will end; albeit in "broad strokes". With that in mind, there may be clues in the series that foreshadow events in books 6 & 7.

Jon wouldn't be the same if he were resurrected by Mel. I would rather he stayed dead than come back as an undead zombie. There wouldn't be much difference between him and the Wights. He would become a pawn of Mel's, much like the Wights are pawns of the Others :uhoh:

That being said, I agree with this:

Since most of fandom believe Jon is AAR/PTWP, he needs to go that path, you know, he needs to have some sort of resurrection. That`s why almost everyone are certain that Jon is currently dead, but is going to be resurrected. Probably in ice cage here they keep hams. That way `born admist of salt and smoke` part of the prophecy would be fulfilled.

While I agree that the books and show are different, we need to keep in mind that the producers of the show know how ASOIAF will end; albeit in "broad strokes". With that in mind, there may be clues in the series that foreshadow events in books 6 & 7.

Foreshadowing yes. I don`t deny that. But, this type of the evidence is unlikely to happen. We know they know the end game, but it`s about road not the finish line here. Melisandre scene in last week episode is a product of simplifying SOS, and cutting certain characters.

Foreshadowing yes. I don`t deny that. But, this type of the evidence is unlikely to happen. We know they know the end game, but it`s about road not the finish line here. Melisandre scene in last week episode is a product of simplifying SOS, and cutting certain characters.

IDK. I always leave it open that the show is pointing to things that we can't ignore. I think a lot of book readers (not you) are irritated that the show may be spoiling future books and want to discount what the show is doing. I don't think the show will deviate too much from the major things

IDK. I always leave it open that the show is pointing to things that we can't ignore. I think a lot of book readers (not you) are irritated that the show may be spoiling future books and want to discount what the show is doing. I don't think the show will deviate too much from the major things

Interestingly, people seem to talk more about Melisandre and Gendry than Melisandre and Arya. If there was any foreshadowing, it would be in the line `we shall meet again`. And what`s truly frustrating is that people forget that this resurrection was first written in the books, long before show. So, I don`t understand how anyone can use this from the show, when there are books.

Archived