[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

I will not be around when the show airs live, but I thought I'd start this thread anyway! The point of this thread is a place for people to vent about the show with no nitpick being too big or too small, and to not harass others for their opinions.

I'll make it easy. I tried to keep count of scenes that had some basis from the books. I got 3.

1)Daenerys' parley

2)Jaime talking with Qyburn

3)Jaime and the bearpit

...So yeah, "nitpick" is an understatement.

Really didn't like a lot in this episode...Theon, Osha, Blackfish. Feels like they reverted to the season 1 and 2 type of episodes, jumping around to all the characters instead of keeping to half.

- Loved the bear!

- Hated Ygritte. Is it me or is she more grating on screen than on the pages? I don't remember all the put downs.

- Interesting twist with Marg/Sansa. Marg admits to knowing a great deal about "the marital bed" while Sansa is being cued that things are not so bad.

- Overall a slow episode.

Dragons didn't cook their meat before eating it.

Didn't like the change to "The Lannisters send their regards", rather than Jamie specifically, due to softening up the unintended consequences.

Can we all agree that Talisa/Jeyne is a spy now? Don't like that.

Ygritte was always like that with Jon. In the corresponding chapter she calls the northmen cowards for having given up the land and so on.

I was disappointed with the bear scene -- too obviously a trained bear. But I'll nitpick a peeve of mine in particular: even GRRM can't seem to write a Catelyn scene where she isn't constantly being interrupted and/or ignored. This makes me sad. He inherits what they give him to work with, but I had hoped he'd be able to make something more substantial.

And now to hurry through a full review.

I'll make it easy. I tried to keep count of scenes that had some basis from the books. I got 3.

1)Daenerys' parley

2)Jaime talking with Qyburn

3)Jaime and the bearpit

...So yeah, "nitpick" is an understatement.

If you're a purist it is.

I rate it on the quality rather than how much it takes from the book.

Nitpicks for me::

- SHAE. We've had THREE seasons of her, and she's still the same old, plain, boring, moany, self-righteous, god-awful irritating character. Honestly, EVERY scene with Tyrion is the EXACT same. Can she just fuck off already?

Dragons didn't cook their meat before eating it.

I think the meat was already cooked.

My nitpicks:

Margaery calls Tyrion attractive? What?

And why is everyone from High Garden so progressive?

I don't think we saw Oona Chaplin's tits.

The Lannisters send their regards? WHAT THE FUCK

Bearpit scene

Other stuff annoyed me but I don't remember

Postives (since no one reads the other thread):

It looks like they're setting up Shae v. Tyrion

Sansa is becoming somewhat less naive

Queenscrown

Osha's story

Bear was great

Dany scene was great

even GRRM can't seem to write a Catelyn scene where she isn't constantly being interrupted and/or ignored. This makes me sad. He inherits what they give him to work with, but I had hoped he'd be able to make something more substantial.

:agree: just bring the RW, already. If there was a facial equivalent to "never mind her, she's old, and hormonal" that scene about covers it, from everyone in it. Props to Fairley for making the most of a "shit" scene.

I don't mind Tyrion giving Shae this chain thing, but why couldn't they have kept the symbol of the Hand's office as a chain of hands and eliminated this silly gift-giving business? It just seems silly to replace a chain with a badge when the chain itself plays a significant role in...well, you know. :dunno:

I don't mind Tyrion giving Shae this chain thing, but why couldn't they have kept the symbol of the Hand's office as a chain of hands and eliminated this silly gift-giving business? It just seems silly to replace a chain with a badge when the chain itself plays a significant role in...well, you know. :dunno:

IOh shit, that didn't even cross my mind. At least we know Shae will die the correct way now.

Was anyone else bothered by Orell, The Love Struck Wildling? It's very possible that I'm missing something, but the idea of a Orell/Ygritte/Jon love triangle... :ack:

Also for some reason the accent of the Wise Master dude seemed really strange to me. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. :dunno:

Archived