[Book Spoilers] EP307 Discussion

RE: Talisa being pregnant!

Don't forget kids, the popular theory that Jeyne is in fact in hiding, and that she may very well be pregnant. The Jeyne sent back to her father in the books is described differently to the one Cat describes.

RE: Talisa being pregnant!

Don't forget kids, the popular theory that Jeyne is in fact in hiding, and that she may very well be pregnant. The Jeyne sent back to her father in the books is described differently to the one Cat describes.

GRRM said that was a mistake on his part

Robb having an heir automatically nullifies Jon as being the heir to Winterfell.

Basically but you don't know if she's going to carry the baby to term. For all you know she could just be getting pregnant to enhance the tragedy to come or whatever.

Slightly better than Ep6, but still not as good as 3/4/5. @people saying we NEED exposition eps. The point of structuring a series is that you mix it up and make sure there's always something entertaining going on. Contrast. Pacing. This episode had way too many "emotional" scenes that went on too long - Robb, Jon and Osha scenes for example. None of them were bad scenes, just a bit... samey.

SAYING THAT, that's the best Dany scene yet imo (and I aint a big fan of her in the books). Her character is getting more and more ruthless. Great to watch.

And as I say, the Jon scenes WERE good and nicely written, but very similar to other stuff. Arya was done nicely and the Gendry stuff actually provided good back story.

Main drawback was ... Shae. She's gotta be one of the most irritating characters in anything ever. I'm actually beginning to wish they had replaced her with Ros, and she was annoying enough.

Well, we had Theon unmanned, we had the news of Talisa's pregnancy, we saw Arya kidnapped by the Hound, we had Brienne rescued, we had the relationship between Joffrey and Tywin deteriorate, we saw the roots of the eventual division between Tyrion and Shae, we saw Sansa's feelings about marriage to Tyrion. Quite a lot moved in the plot. And action across the sea, action up north.

Robb having an heir automatically nullifies Jon as being the heir to Winterfell.

The only way the Will worked with Jon as Robb's heir is because there was no one else. With a child, that child would presumably go before Jon. The only way it'd work in the show is if Jon is behind their child and Talisa dies, but that feels very, very contrived.

So does that mean the will never mattered in the books?

Honestly the biggest shock for me this episode is that Jaime/Brienne didn't throw Locke into the bear pit. I'm wondering if his character will actually survive the series.

Yeah, that would have been quite a good YAY moment. Bit of anti-climax.