[Book Spoilers] EP307 Discussion

Well, we had Theon unmanned, we had the news of Talisa's pregnancy, we saw Arya kidnapped by the Hound, we had Brienne rescued, we had the relationship between Joffrey and Tywin deteriorate, we saw the roots of the eventual division between Tyrion and Shae, we saw Sansa's feelings about marriage to Tyrion. Quite a lot moved in the plot. And action across the sea, action up north.

The things I bolded really had nothing to do with plot. I didn't have a problem with Theon scenes before tonight. Now I feel like we've seen too many. He doesn't need to be there every week. The Joffrey and Tywin scene showed their dynamic but was a let down and didn't advance plot it was all characterization. Same goes for Sansa/Marg scene.

And so he spoke, that lord of Castamere

Great episode! So much good stuff. Wish Jaime had pushed Locke into the pit, though.

I was hoping for that to happen too.

Was it just me who though Jaime's scene with Qyburn took place in the same scenario as the Bran scene? They should have at least showed a different background if it was the same spot.

I wish GRRM could write more episodes.

This is first time in 2 seasons that Jon Snow's character was written correctly, and the first time show Brienne was in synch with book Brienne.

Great episode.

I don't know it almost felt like a totally different set of characters from the dialogue.

Really not a very good episode. I think they made a mistake spreading asos out so much. The last two episodes have been slow as molassas.

That's because they made them like this!!! Put some Bolton men to hunt Bran, the story of the Tourney at Harrenhal, the death of Balon... get Davos out of that prison faster...

MY GOD

I CANNOT BELIEVE they had a whole Margaery/Sansa scene to make Sansa look ungrateful for not wanting to marry Tyrion.

He's so handsome!

He's experienced!

He's not THE WORST Lannister!

You'll enjoy having sex with him!

Oh you just don't like him because he's a dwarf!!

VOMIT

I didn't get that at all.

what I got was that she was a scared little girl who is being pushed into a situation she doesnt want.

I could be wrong but didn't Talisa's letter say "Marriage approved". If so, this is complete evidence that she is a pawn in the RW.

No idea but something about the scene gave me alarm bells like nothing else has that she's a spy. I still say it's really a cheap ploy if they go that way though. They didn't do a great job portraying Robb's marriage, but why draw more attention to it?

I wish GRRM could write more episodes.

This is first time in 2 seasons that Jon Snow's character was written correctly, and the first time show Brienne was in synch with book Brienne.

Yep, and Sansa, Shae, Tyrion, Ygritte, Osha, Bran, assorted whores, and even Hodor were written horribly. Qyburn was perfect though :)

Great episode.

Not in any sense of the word

So were there any parts other than the bear pit that GRRM didn't write?

I'm guessing a lot of things like Talisa's pregnancy were things decided in the writer's room, and GRRM just had to go with it. Unless he was writing Talisa to be a spy for sure.

No idea but something about the scene gave me alarm bells like nothing else has that she's a spy. I still say it's really a cheap ploy if they go that way though. They didn't do a great job portraying Robb's marriage, but why draw more attention to it?

I agree. I didn't want her to be a spy, I didn't think she was. But rolling over after sex to write a letter to "mommy" didn't seem right.