[Book Spoilers] EP307 Discussion

Yep, and Sansa, Shae, Tyrion, Ygritte, Osha, Bran, assorted whores, and even Hodor were written horribly. Qyburn was perfect though :)

It's funny to hear all these characters written horribly in an episode GRRM wrote. He didn't write every scene, but odds are he wrote most.

The things I bolded really had nothing to do with plot. I didn't have a problem with Theon scenes before tonight. Now I feel like we've seen too many. He doesn't need to be there every week. The Joffrey and Tywin scene showed their dynamic but was a let down and didn't advance plot it was all characterization. Same goes for Sansa/Marg scene.

Well, Theon vanishes from the plot for a long stretch in the books, and we piece together what happened to him from his crazed rambling. What they are doing is showing what is happening to him, something the show watchers who have not read the book need to know to understand the Theon in season 5. The Got watcher also is being given clues to who might be behind the purple wedding, as we suspect Tywin may in fact have a role in it. WE know as book readers that Sansa had no mindful, direct part, though we may believe she had an indirect part. The HBO viewer needs to understand why she runs when she eventually leaves Kings Landing. All the parts are valid.

Not a fan of this episode. The "Tyrion's not so bad" scene was ugh. I continue to loathe Shae and can see the "Shae betrays him out of jealousy" plot point coming a mile away. I just don't like how they are whitewashing the characters.

I was so excited to finally see the bear scene and then it just fell flat for me. Mel telling Gendry who his father was...I know this is show and not book but the deviations are not resonating well with me.

Theon scenes are too drawn out and I have to wonder what show only people are thinking at this point. His scenes are painful to watch, but I found the Reek chapters difficult to read too, so maybe they are hitting the right note there. I don't know.

Talisa writing letters again. I dont hate her like some fans do, but i feel like she HAS to die. I hope she *is* a honeypot. She replaced Jeyne, but I hope replaces Merrit Frey at the end of Stonehearts noose. Would make a great ending to season 3

Talisa writing letters again. I dont hate her like some fans do, but i feel like she HAS to die. I hope she *is* a honeypot. She replaced Jeyne, but I hope replaces Merrit Frey at the end of Stonehearts noose. Would make a great ending to season 3

I'm going to miss her sweet sweet ass :(

I agree. I didn't want her to be a spy, I didn't think she was. But rolling over after sex to write a letter to "mommy" didn't seem right.

I think she is a spy and that the letter did say "Marriage approved", and she was in fact writing a letter to Kings Landing to inform them about Rob. But why the fuck would she write that letter while he was in the room? Right after sex, and then bang him again with the letter sitting right there on the same bed. Easy way to give yourself away honey haha.

I didn't get that at all.

what I got was that she was a scared little girl who is being pushed into a situation she doesnt want.

Yeah I think they get that idea across pretty well. I think people get paranoid everyone is out to hate on Sansa and make Tyrion look like a Saint but I think the episode presented a lot of aspects of the upcoming marriage pretty well.

I think the will is not out like some people said, Robb may include in it that if he, his unborn son and his queen dies, then his heir is Jon Snow. If that is the case, Talisa is probably going to be on the RW and die there (or maybe not, im not so sure on this).

Edited by ImplicationsUnpleasant

Talisa being pregnant threw me for a loop and I also immediately went to Jon and the will. However, this doesn't necessarily mean the will is meaningless. Robb had no reason to believe he wouldn't produce a son eventually with Jeyne, so even in the books, his potential son would come before Jon. Talisa is probably going to die at the RW, since she's going. I can't see her living and being pregnant, that's just way too much book deviation. So, she and the unborn child (if there even is one, I'm on board with the spy theory) are dead. Sansa is cut out due to marrying Tyrion, Bran and Rickon presumed dead, and Arya missing. Jon is still the heir.

Well, Theon vanishes from the plot for a long stretch in the books, and we piece together what happened to him from his crazed rambling. What they are doing is showing what is happening to him, something the show watchers who have not read the book need to know to understand the Theon in season 5. The Got watcher also is being given clues to who might be behind the purple wedding, as we suspect Tywin may in fact have a role in it. WE know as book readers that Sansa had no mindful, direct part, though we may believe she had an indirect part. The HBO viewer needs to understand why she runs when she eventually leaves Kings Landing. All the parts are valid.

I don't think they're in there for Purple Wedding building points. They're included mainly because they are tools of characterization. Seeing that Joffrey can't intimidate Tywin and that Tywin can control Joffrey, seeing that Sansa doesn't want to marry Tyrion and that Margaery is not a virgin, etc.