[Book Spoilers] EP307 Discussion

I think the will is not out like some people said, Robb may include in it that if he, his unborn son and his queen dies, then his heir is Jon Snow. If that is the case, Talisa is probably going to be on the RW and die there.

Yes.

seriously. there is no way Robb's will simply names Jon his heir.

It would say "in the event I die and have no children, then Jon is my heir" Robb wouldn't create a will disinheriting any future children he has.. All this means is Talisa is dead.

Guess Talisa couldn't wait to write that letter, and in Valaryian too? Hmmm

And what is more surprising is that she is pregnant, or was she just saying that since she is a spy?

And the Blackfish is going to the Twins?

Maybe in all the confusion Blackfish and Talisa will escape the Wedding, idk

I don't get what's up with all the Theon's scenes? We get it, he's getting tortured, but every single episode? Nononononono.

I think the best scene was Daenerys'.

Also, too much small talk between Jon Snow and Ygritte, they are really trying to underline the fact that he will betray them. Not needed.

I liked the Tywin/Joffrey moment, not so much Tywin's smirk at the end of it.

Robb had no reason to believe he wouldn't produce a son eventually with Jeyne

But he hadn't, by that point, and was about to embark on a major, doomed campaign. Here he's got what he feels is a strategic masterstroke brewing (albeit a somewhat desperate one), and his wife is pregnant. There's no real urgency to take a pretty unprecedented action with regard to Jon.

My non-book reader friends informed me they now hate Sansa. She's discriminating because he is a dwarf. THAT is how it reads.

and my non reader friends agree that Sansa that having sex with Tyrion is.........difficult to imagine.

guess we have different friends.

Well, Theon vanishes from the plot for a long stretch in the books, and we piece together what happened to him from his crazed rambling. What they are doing is showing what is happening to him, something the show watchers who have not read the book need to know to understand the Theon in season 5.

Agree with this completely. In fact, I just had pretty much this conversation with someone who is a show only fan.

To all those who expected Jaime to push Locke into the pit with his stump- absolutely! I actually did an audible countdown. Would have been nice.

Talisa being pregnant threw me for a loop and I also immediately went to Jon and the will. However, this doesn't necessarily mean the will is meaningless. Robb had no reason to believe he wouldn't produce a son eventually with Jeyne, so even in the books, his potential son would come before Jon. Talisa is probably going to die at the RW, since she's going. I can't see her living and being pregnant, that's just way too much book deviation. So, she and the unborn child (if there even is one, I'm on board with the spy theory) are dead. Sansa is cut out due to marrying Tyrion, Bran and Rickon presumed dead, and Arya missing. Jon is still the heir.

Except it seems strange and contrived to have Robb write a will right now. If he thinks Talisa is pregnant, he would most likely wait until he discovers the sex of the child, wouldn't he? Why do it on the road before the Wedding just after hearing you're going to have a child?

Really not a very good episode. I think they made a mistake spreading asos out so much. The last two episodes have been slow as molassas.

Huge mistake. Everyone kept saying that they should spread it out due to the amount of material, but I really don't think it was THAT much. It just had way more events than the last two. The last episode and this one (except for the Bear Pit scene) have been fillers, and making up stuff, and blah blah.. I hate how Cat has been reduced to one line per episode, if she's lucky!

Ok, here goes..

Dany!!! She so stole this scene. She steals every scene. I was glad to see her finally change her clothes.

Bear Pit

Margaery's convo with Sansa.. oh my, Margaery! Lol, sure, my mom taught me!

Melisandre with Gendry. The more I watch Mel, the more I really like her scenes (except for that mess with Arya last week)

Arya!

ROOSE BOLTON

Tormund finally being Tormund.

"Sorry about the sapphires" Ha!

Dislikes:

The biggest mistake this season is the whole Theon thing. A lot of watchers are getting fed up with it. No one wants to see him being tortured, and adding two naked chicks to the mix doesn't help. Reveal where he is already and stop with the torture. We get it by now!

Lingering shots of Talisa's ass. The first shot was like "hey, nice ass!" But I feel like they did about seven lingering shots of it. Writing a letter to her mom, lmao!

Talisa being pregnant. I can't. I just can't even... no. This is all kinds of wrong. So much wrong in revealing that. Because it's A) revealing stuff about the future novels (regardless of the fact that she might/might not be, but mroe than likely IS pregnant) and B) It's throwing a total wrench in my Talisa is a Spy theory.

Jon and Ygritte.

The lack of diversity in the Essos people. In the books (yeah) they were described as looking more ethnic or exotic or something.

Random thoughts:

Hm. Jaime gets to KL AFTER Joff dies, so what will they have him do the rest of this season? Travel? Because I'm on the PW Will Happen in S4 boat.

I now see how they will get Bran and Rickon to split. Osha ain't going back above the Wall! When they showed Bran this ep I rolled my eyes but it was actually an interesting scene. Hodor? Ha, and why does Jojen get to lay around and relax while the women do all the work? I agree with you, Osha. That would piss me off too.

I smiled when they showed the chain that Tyrion will use to choke Shae. She really irks me.

Ugh, I need to rewatch it in the morning before I form my opinon. I'm sure I left out so much.

Except it seems strange and contrived to have Robb write a will right now. If he thinks Talisa is pregnant, he would most likely wait until he discovers the sex of the child, wouldn't he? Why do it on the road before the Wedding just after hearing you're going to have a child?

Maybe he will write the will because Cat insists on it, just in case?

Talisa being pregnant threw me for a loop and I also immediately went to Jon and the will. However, this doesn't necessarily mean the will is meaningless. Robb had no reason to believe he wouldn't produce a son eventually with Jeyne, so even in the books, his potential son would come before Jon. Talisa is probably going to die at the RW, since she's going. I can't see her living and being pregnant, that's just way too much book deviation. So, she and the unborn child (if there even is one, I'm on board with the spy theory) are dead. Sansa is cut out due to marrying Tyrion, Bran and Rickon presumed dead, and Arya missing. Jon is still the heir.

Huh? In the book Jeyne survives the Red Wedding, because she didn't go. Her mother tells Jaime she got rid of the baby. It's one of the huge mysteries of the book - is she or is she not pregnant, and of course, is she or is she not actually Jeyne, or Jeyne's sister. A plot device not available here. Wait until next week to see if Talisa actually goes to the RW, or, if she does, if she survives. Since we expect action at Casterly Rock in the next book, Blackfish off to rescue Edmure and Jeyne, presumably she will survive. That would be the huge deviation from the books if she does not survive.

Maybe he will write the will because Cat insists on it, just in case?

This may be the case. They'll find out Sansa is to marry Tyrion, and in case Robb dies before his son is born, Sansa will likely become Lady of Winterfell and the Lannisters will rule it through her.

Edited by ebevan91

Guess Talisa couldn't wait to write that letter, and in Valaryian too? Hmmm

And what is more surprising is that she is pregnant, or was she just saying that since she is a spy?

And the Blackfish is going to the Twins?

Maybe in all the confusion Blackfish and Talisa will escape the Wedding, idk

Oh shit I totally didn't even realize that! I mean, I saw him there in the tent but it did not register to me that he was going. Wtf.

I don't get what's up with all the Theon's scenes? We get it, he's getting tortured, but every single episode? Nononononono.

I think the best scene was Daenerys'.

Also, too much small talk between Jon Snow and Ygritte, they are really trying to underline the fact that he will betray them. Not needed.

I liked the Tywin/Joffrey moment, not so much Tywin's smirk at the end of it.

DD apparently thinks everyone who watches the show is a simpleton and need to be continually hit over the head with obvious clues.

And the Tywin/Joff moment, eh. Any scene with Charles Dance is brilliant. He scares me through the screen. But this scene was just, meh. I guess it was just such a filler scene. I was expecting Tywin to be Tywin to Joffrey and he kind of wasn't. Yes, I know Tywin isn't stupid and Joff is the king, but if Tyrion can get away with slapping him so many times, I was really expecting Tywin to be more of an ass to Joff. :P

I think this is the first episode with no Cersei?