[Book Spoilers] EP307 Discussion

Robb wouldn't create a will disinheriting any future children he has.

If he conceived a child, he would just make a new will.

This may be the case. They'll find out Sansa is to marry Tyrion, and in case Robb dies before his son is born, Sansa will likely become Lady of Winterfell and the Lannisters will rule it through her.

The baby not being born yet wouldn't matter. The child would still be the heir.

Edited by Colonel Green

Oh shit I totally didn't even realize that! I mean, I saw him there in the tent but it did not register to me that he was going. Wtf.

DD apparently thinks everyone who watches the show is a simpleton and need to be continually hit over the head with obvious clues.

And the Tywin/Joff moment, eh. Any scene with Charles Dance is brilliant. He scares me through the screen. But this scene was just, meh. I guess it was just such a filler scene. I was expecting Tywin to be Tywin to Joffrey and he kind of wasn't. Yes, I know Tywin isn't stupid and Joff is the king, but if Tyrion can get away with slapping him so many times, I was really expecting Tywin to be more of an ass to Joff. :P

I think this is the first episode with no Cersei?

I believe so.

If he conceived a child, he would just make a new will.

The baby not being born yet wouldn't matter. The child would still be the heir.

Yeah but who would actually rule Winterfell?

Edited by ebevan91

Tbh, she comes across more bitchy (maybe cos of her age) in the book.

More in relationship to how the show writers seem to have been doing a terrible job with her story, along with the continued whiting of Tyrion. Seriously, now we are getting to hear how people find him to be hot.

Except it seems strange and contrived to have Robb write a will right now. If he thinks Talisa is pregnant, he would most likely wait until he discovers the sex of the child, wouldn't he? Why do it on the road before the Wedding just after hearing you're going to have a child?

Hmm.. yeah true. And it will underline the whole Robb's Gonna Die thing. Shit IDK. I just don't want the will to be unimportant. :frown5:

Yeah but who would actually rule Winterfell?

His mother (who has experience in that regard), his wife, any other bannerman he picked for that task. No reason whatsoever for him to need Jon for that.

but then if he died before revising his will, does that mean Robb jr is disinherited. ?

Seeing as his wife is not pregnant and he's about to go on campaign, there's no reason for him to worry about that before heading off North and leaving Jeyne behind in the books.

Edited by Colonel Green

I liked the episode but at some moments I felt DD were saying us "well, we killed Ros but... we still have thrice the nudity!".

I liked Jon a bit more this time, because this time Kit was able to make more than the old "I suffer a lot" face he always has: Jon laughing and being relaxed around Ygritte like he's not affraid of her is way better than the boytoy of hers we've seen before.

Didn't know this episode was written by George himself, so, I get this give us some confirmations: about Theon's kraken being gone and that Margaery is a whore (kidding, but considering what last week they made clear their tolerance and Tywin was somehow shocked, I wouldn't be surprised if we found out they encourage Marg's "training").

Also, I do like this Joffrey, he's not the buffoon he's on the books: I liked he asked about Dany and the dragons, something that, IICR, her mother simply choose to deny.

I don't think Sansa is ungrateful: this Tyrion might be more handsome and nicer than in books, but in the GoT Universe, he's still JUST a deformed dwarf: despite that she's probably scared by the prospect of marriage, now she's supposed to have sex with "that".

Now, as someone mentioned, this is the first time I felt the did wrong stretching the book to two seasons: Doing one season of 15 episodes would have been a good option instead, but we know they need time for the books.

Overall, I like the episode.

I liked "Boy" blowing that damn horn.

Thanks to GoT, everytime a guy hears a horn, they will feel a tingle right down there...

I don't get what's up with all the Theon's scenes? We get it, he's getting tortured, but every single episode? Nononononono.

I haven't heard anyone mention this, but one problem with these scenes is that Theon is always strapped to the ...flaying device? Considering how much time passes in the season, shouldn't they show him being thrown in a cell from time to time. I pictured Theon being in the dungeons of the dreadfort for most of it, yet we only see him in this room with Ramsay and his horn.

I don't know. I pictured Theon's experience in the dreadfort very differently than this.

You guys are implying that season 4 will be all book 3 material.

The book will likely "end" halfway through the season, if that.

You mean they would just end one part of the story halfway through another part of the story. Don't be silly, no writer in their right mind would do something like that.

The book will likely "end" halfway through the season, if that.

The writers have said in the past that it's going to be primarily book 3. Most of the characters' endings in book 3 are pitch perfect for the end of a season.

More in relationship to how the show writers seem to have been doing a terrible job with her story, along with the continued whiting of Tyrion. Seriously, now we are getting to hear how people find him to be hot.

GRRM himself has commented on how PD is a more attractive man than Tyrion is in the books and that's likely why that found its way into the dialogue. I think the whiting was quite a bit more subtle in this episode. Bronn crudely hit it on the head that Tyrion wants Sansa carnally, even if he doesn't publicly admit it- and that's accurate to the books- he only thinks to himself the confessional that he wants her sexually. I had more of a problem with the fact that Margery is talking to Sansa at all since she comes off looking like the Tyrells were interested in her welfare.