[Book Spoilers] EP307 Discussion

I haven't heard anyone mention this, but one problem with these scenes is that Theon is always strapped to the ...flaying device? Considering how much time passes in the season, shouldn't they show him being thrown in a cell from time to time. I pictured Theon being in the dungeons of the dreadfort for most of it, yet we only see him in this room with Ramsay and his horn.

I don't know. I pictured Theon's experience in the dreadfort very differently than this.

What, you didn't imagine that lap dances would be involved?

Honestly this episode could have been so much better.

Scene 1: Jamie leaving Harrenhall

Scene 2: Meera and Jojen telling Bran the Knight of the Laughing Tree Story

Scene 3; Jon and Ygritte arguing about the wildlings chances of winning

Scene4: Ramsey goes on a hunt for the Stark boys

Scene 5: Sansa/Tyrion wedding, except done like in the books where it's a complete surprise to Sansa

etc, etc, etc,

Last Scene: Bear pit (not rushed)

It's really not that hard to drastically improve the deficiencies that keep creeping up

Scene4: Ramsey goes on a hunt for the Stark boys

I've seen people speculating this, but that's just really implausible to me. They've been walking for over half a season at this point, and Theon couldn't find them even when the trial was much fresher.

Two moments that I really appreciated were when Tyrion gave the gold chain to Shae and when Margaery basically admitted to her sexual experiences. I thought they were pretty good ways to set up future events.

Regarding Talisa... I can't decide if they (i.e. the writers) made her pregnant because they're going to keep her alive and add another complicating plotline, or they just want her to be more sympathetic when they kill her off. :dunno: I'm hoping for the latter, though.

Edited by Summerfell

Re: Robb's will... He was planning a battle immediately after the Wedding, which was the impetus for the will in the book. Unless I missed something, I'm not getting a big plan in the works vibe, which disturbs me more than the actual will tbh. It's kind of felt like Robb & co have spent a lot of time traveling to family functions this season- a funeral at Riverrun, now a wedding at the Twins, not much action or planning going on.

Also trying to remember if they heard about the Bran & Rickon "bodies" in episode 2 or was that the one where Robb bizarrely implied there was still hope they might be found?

Margaery even knowing about the Sansa/Tyrion wedding well enough in advance to counsel Sansa on the bedding is silly, because the Tyrells weren't even supposed to be aware of these nuptials until after the fact. Are we supposed to believe that they're going to happily go along with the consolation prize of Cersei in lieu of Sansa's claim on the North? Hmmmm.

Oh shit I totally didn't even realize that! I mean, I saw him there in the tent but it did not register to me that he was going. Wtf.

DD apparently thinks everyone who watches the show is a simpleton and need to be continually hit over the head with obvious clues.

And the Tywin/Joff moment, eh. Any scene with Charles Dance is brilliant. He scares me through the screen. But this scene was just, meh. I guess it was just such a filler scene. I was expecting Tywin to be Tywin to Joffrey and he kind of wasn't. Yes, I know Tywin isn't stupid and Joff is the king, but if Tyrion can get away with slapping him so many times, I was really expecting Tywin to be more of an ass to Joff. :P

I think this is the first episode with no Cersei?

that's not fair at all. Its obvious to us because we read the books already. Its not obvious to the people who don't know the rest of the story.

Re: Robb's will... He was planning a battle immediately after the Wedding, which was the impetus for the will in the book. Unless I missed something, I'm not getting a big plan in the works vibe, which disturbs me more than the actual will tbh. It's kind of felt like Robb & co have spent a lot of time traveling to family functions this season- a funeral at Riverrun, now a wedding at the Twins, not much action or planning going on.

Also trying to remember if they heard about the Bran & Rickon "bodies" in episode 2 or was that the one where Robb bizarrely implied there was still hope they might be found?

Almost every time we see Robb he is sitting at his war table with the cool looking house statuettes. He has to be planning something. But first he needs more men, which is what he thinks he is going to be getting at the Twins. So the Wedding is pretty important.

Also- Shae's chain. That made me laugh. Not because I'm bloodthirsty, but because after the whitewashing of Tyrion this season (which did continue in this episode) I had decided Shae would escape. Now I have hope that the whitewashing is a front meant to elevate the shock when it happens.

He plans on marching on Casterly Rock in the show. Of course that was a couple episodes ago, so now his plans may have changed.

ETA: that was pre losing the Karstarks so now I assume he's hoping to get the Frey army and head that way.

Edited by Er Rn

I would first like to say that I wish all of the people who just pointlessly complain about every little thing in the show would start their own thread. "Oh my gosh, the writing is so bad, they have no idea what they're doing. Oh, wait GRRM wrote this one? He must know less than us." Yes, sorry, there's nudity.. just like the graphic sex in the books. You're lucky D&D don't make us look at everything everyone is eating in full detail.

I think Talisa is lying about her pregnancy.

I'm glad Osha is about to take Rickon on a Skagos vacation. She needs it.

Sansa is the same Sansa to me. She would've been upset like this in the books if they had told her beforehand. She's just a dumb little girl.

Ygritte is going to be so0o0oo0o0o pissed when Jon rides off. Also, are we getting Coldhands and Sam and Bran meeting this season? Where will they end that storyline?

Almost every time we see Robb he is sitting at his war table with the cool looking house statuettes. He has to be planning something. But first he needs more men, which is what he thinks he is going to be getting at the Twins. So the Wedding is pretty important.

He hasn't had any war council scenes with his main lieutenants that I can recall. Just him and his immediate family and those statues. :P

Obviously the Wedding is important, and the Frey troops. The point is, the will would have no importance to the storyline unless there were some imminent danger (like a battle) introduced to the viewer, as it was in the books.

He plans on marching on Casterly Rock in the show. Of course that was a couple episodes ago, so now his plans may have changed.

ETA: that was pre losing the Karstarks so now I assume he's hoping to get the Frey army and head that way.

Forgot about that plan, probably because its so opposite from the books.

I guess I just miss Maege, the Greatjon et al.

I still don't feel like we have the dramatic tension present to make a will suddenly seem important. Hoping next week changes things though.

And I'm starting to buy into the Talisa the spy theory. Is she going to feign morning sickness or something to escape the RW?

Edited by Lady Gwynhyfvar