[Book Spoilers] EP307 Discussion

There was a clip of a rider amid what appeared to a battle and a Tully banner, looked like the attack on the camps so fingers crossed!

Oh ok, phew. I hope so. I have not seen this, or not that I remember at least.

One thing I really, really hope they capitalize on is Arya making it SO CLOSE to her brother and mother, finally, after so long and her believed to be dead, only to see...this. The Red Wedding. This should be such a gut wrenching heart breaking moment on the show that brings viewers to tears.

No, that was just a random guy. The Liddle was the man in the cave that Bran, Meera, Jojen, Hodor and Summer meet that tells them about Bolton's bastard coming back from the dead and offering money for word on 2 wolves, Bran and Rickon.

That would have been a great idea, to combine the Liddle and the man at Queenscrown, would give it a greater impact when Ygritte killed him.

Oh ok, phew. I hope so. I have not seen this, or not that I remember at least.

One thing I really, really hope they capitalize on is Arya making it SO CLOSE to her brother and mother, finally, after so long and her believed to be dead, only to see...this. The Red Wedding. This should be such a gut wrenching heart breaking moment on the show that brings viewers to tears.

I think arya will get the ax to the head in ep9 and depending on if they show LS this season she might see her mother dead if not leave ppl wondering if arya's dead too like theon.

Is it just me who thought Margaery was hitting on Sansa when she mentioned that some women like pretty girls? Let's be honest, the showrunners are certainly not above accepting or suggesting this kind of thing as an excuse for nude lesbian scenes, and Martin invented some out of nowhere in the books...

Anyway, pretty poor episode overall. Some dreadful dialogue. Yeah, Robb, going to Volantris and leaving your kingdom without a king for a year would be such a great idea.... :bang: Rose Leslie's acting and presence is great,but the whole "let's make fun at length of everything Jon says" act is really getting tiresome and repetitive. Tyrion the saint is just too much.

Edited by David Selig

I hope so too. I just feel like they're overplaying the song as it is right now. Though I don't mind if its overplayed, I love it!

Theyr'e basically hoping that the audience will pick up that its the Lannister theme song, and will realize just how fucked the Starks are at that point. The fact that Thoros was singing it confuses matters, though that was meant to be ironic. They also hired the drummer from Coldplay for that episode, so here's to a great booming drum heavy rendition of the song.

Is it just me who thought Margaery was hitting on Sansa when she mentioned that some women like pretty girls? Let's be honest, the showrunners are certainly not above accepting or suggesting this kind of thing as an excuse for nude lesbian scenes, and Martin invented some out of nowhere in the books...

I'm sure the world looks forward to Sophie Turner(who is seventeen)'s nude lesbian scene.

In other words, yes, it was just you.

As I count it there were eleven different plot areas in this episode. Bran, Jon, Robb, Jaime, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Joffrey, Dany, Gendry, Theon.

They're trying to do too much. Five minutes per plot area is just not enough.

Far better than Season 2. In season 3, I actually feel like I'm watching scenes, not some chopped up edit of a mish mash of everything in one episode. It seems like the show runners realized that was a big issue from last season, and have clearly put a lot more effort into making scenes longer, which has helped drastically improve the quality of the show over season 2, IMO.

So are we shipping Margaery/Sansa now?

Or did that already exist prior to the show?

I am not shipping anyone, it was just a passing thought I had.

That whole dialogue between Margaery and Sansa was just terrible, BTW. Marg is the queen, supposedly still a virgin, she can't talk like that. Her mother taught her, yeah, right - lucky for her Sansa seems to have lost half her IQ points in the last few episodes.

Anyone wondering if they're going to play the Rains of Castamere during episode 9 at all? I mean, they should. But we had already heard it during the credits of Blackwater (one version) and now the credits of "The Bear and The Maiden Fair" and additionally Thoros was randomly singing it. I would have expected it to be sung during the RW (obviously) and also played during the credits of that episode. But now I'm not sure. It would definitely fit better there I think.

Oh don't worry, they've basically said they're going to. It is the song they play as the RW kicks in to high gear, and they've definitely said that the music will play a huge role in that scene. Plus, the episode is called "The Rains of Castamere". Worry not, I'm pretty sure they will. I have pretty high hopes for it. After all, the scene is their main motivation for this season so they should hopefully pull out all the stops. :]

Oh gods. Cat will also be lamenting her treatment of Jon Snow and agonizing about how everything is her fault. :ack:

All I'll say is that if she dies off screen and any of this is remotely close to what happens, I'll be a very, very, very sad camper.