[Book Spoilers] EP307 Discussion

Well let's not be a jerk about it. But he does express anger with Cersei about it. It is not just, "I don't give a fuck about them." But I guess Tyrion telling Jaime that he killed Joff is also just pointless, right? Means absolutely nothing to Jaime? I really hope your response shows some maturity and respect for others' opinions.

well, we know because we have both pov's. Excuse the bluntness please. I have a bit of a problem with that!

there was something about joff being a squirt in cersei's cunt (paraphrase)

Edited by Mulled Wino

So do you guys think Robb sending a letter to Howland Reed and other northern lords about Jon's legitimization will still happen?

I thought no because of the pregnancy reveal but my bookreader friend suggested that Robb still could do it in case he dies before his wife gives birth.

In this episode, Ygritte was the naive one not knowing things while Jon was the one who did know. Nice job, GRRM. Finally!

I have thought the "wildlings" are the more politically advanced people in this story. When she says "you know nothing Jon Snow", I take that she/wildlings think he is brainwashed because of the type of system he was raised, kneelers, lords/ladys etc...

I think Ygritte and company are aware of their chances but have no choice and would rather attack than die north of the wall, or succumb to his way of life.

I watched this episode for the second time. First time I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have. The acting in the episode I'd say is some of the best this season. Lot's of good scenes touching on all the characters except Stannis and Davos (Who are in the next episode from the preview)

- I liked the Jon snow scenes. His season definitely felt weak at the start but just keeps getting better.

- I am enjoying Robb's story because even if we all know the RW is coming there is still mystery on exactly what's going to happen based on the changes they have made from the book.

- Jamie and Brienne good as always. I am liking the actor playing Kiba.

Did Melisanndra and crew sail their ship up the river to the God's Eye in order to find Gendry? That is pretty much the only way her passing by King's Landing makes any sense.

Is everyone assuming Talisa is evil and Tywin's plant? I'm not convinced. I think she'll play a tragic role and have to watch people she loves get slaughtered.

I have my reservations about how they've handled Robb's and Talisa's story, but there's one very good thing about it: I don't know what's going to happen in the Red Wedding. And I'm happy about that. She may be a spy killed by Catelyn; she may be rescued by the Blackfish in an Errol Flynn moment; she may tragically die with all the others. I figure those are the three likeliest options, but the fact that I don't know what's going to happen makes me much more interested in the episode.

Didn't love this episode:-/ I mean: Enough with the Theon-torture-scenes...we get it! Shae: Cringeworthy! Talisa/Robb-scene: I'm having trouble watching it'salmost as bad as the Shae-scenes.

I did however love the scene between Joff and Tywin...Charles Dance is a master!! And it's a tragedy if Gleeson is really serious that he doesn't want to act after this. He is a rare talent.

NCW is finally getting to show his range, I adore those sad puppyeyes:'-)

And Margery, my favorite in the show. Didn't really take much notice of her in the books,but Dormer has just made her so much more interesting:-D

Oh and I forgot: Osha is terrible! Overacting so much it makes my head hurt:-O

Emilia Clarke used to be my favorite aversion acting-wise,but she's getting so much better this season. I can actually (almost) enjoy her scenes(and not only because of Jorah anymore). I don't know what to make of Sansa. One scene she's amazing and the next she acts more wooden than a weirwood tree. She checks in and out of the scenes totally random.

Oh and I forgot: Osha is terrible! Overacting so much it makes my head hurt:-O

Indeed. That was VERY bad. :D

To her defense, I think it wouldnt have been such an extremly bad, boring and usless monolog, If it was done in season 1.

Edited by poggo

I wish they used that time for meera to tell bran about the tourney at harrenhal.

What, 1:30?

Also, what is the use of that story at this point? We know nothing about Rhaegar and Lyanna, we havent been shown the ToJ, that story would just be filler (as it was in the books, but more so)

What, 1:30?

Also, what is the use of that story at this point? We know nothing about Rhaegar and Lyanna, we havent been shown the ToJ, that story would just be filler (as it was in the books, but more so)

You're wasting your time, this thread is mainly a wasteland of "should haves" and "could haves".

to everyone complaining about talisa writing a letter shortly after sex,

When was the last time any of you actually wrote a handwritten letter, using a quill and inkwell? Also Its not like she had a bevy of other things to do. hmm its night time, my husband is gonna do some war planning, i think ill play some bejewled or check facebook.

Edited by Silverx2

Wait, were people complaining about that? Who hasn't rolled over and texted after sex, seriously. Talisa's just doin' the Ye Olde version of that.

(now whether she's Ye Olde Textinge to her mom or Tywin is another story /canofworms)

to everyone complaining about talisa writing a letter shortly after sex,

When was the last time any of you actually wrote a handwritten letter, using a quill and inkwell? Also Its not like she had a bevy of other things to do. hmm its night time, my husband is gonna do some war planning, i think ill play some bejewled or check facebook.

Lol, very true. She should have lit up a smoke and poured some wine.

none of this is probably true, but I was thinking about the talisa spy theory. ep. 10 is called mhysa, perhaps its a reference to talisa as a mother of robbs baby and uncat killing her in place of the random freys.

It is most likely because the freed slaves will all begin worshiping Dany as "Mhysa" as they did in the books.