[Book Spoilers] EP307 Discussion

totally agree, but usually the show runners like to have as many allusions to the title as possible.

True, perhaps we will see Stoneheart's resurrection? I think ending with a sort of slow revival would be great -

We see Nym pull Cat's body out of the river and runs off with a few wolves when she hears approaching men. Enter Beric and the Brotherhood. Beric then revives her and dies himself. We then see Stoneheart rise and get a look at her body's damage and then the last shot is a deep look into those horrifying eyes.

I think that'd be a great way to end the season, but the show prefers to end on action.

My thoughts:

I don't mind episodes with no action. There was plenty of plot and character development.

That said, haven't we had enough Theon torture? Or at least enough for now? I think we'll get the point when he becomes relevant to the story again and we see that he's missing a couple fingers, toes, etc. I feel like we don't need as much Theon torture stuff as they've given us.

I thought Talisa saying she was pregnant was merely a way to make the RW even more emotionally heart-wrenching. We form closer attachments to characters in the books just because the medium of a series of novels lends itself to that. You don't quite get that same connection to Robb from a TV show that necessarily has to skip around quite a bit. So my thought is that either Talisa dies or there's some sort of forced abortion during the RW that turns an already brutal scene into the kind of feeling that made me throw the book across the room (TWICE!) when I read it in the novel. I tend to take these things at face value, though, so I very well could be wrong.

Shae is not a funny whore. She's not an interesting whore. She's a waste of screen-time whore.

Jon and Ygritte were great. Jaime and Brienne were fantastic (although I really wanted Jaime to dump Locke into the bear pit - that last scene was good, but felt like it was missing something). I love Dany WAAAAAAY more than I ever did in the books, although she hasn't yet gotten to the point where she gets bratty and petulant.

I thought both the Sansa/Margaery and Tywin/Joffrey scenes were fine, but could have been written a little tighter. I understand the character development that they're trying to accomplish there, but it could have been done better.

Are they setting the stage for Osha leaving with Rickon? Or do we think she'll stick it out with Bran and the Reeds? Speaking of which, THAT whole story needs more. We need to see Bran having more visions and spending more time as a warg. Right now, I feel like there's not enough to establish why exactly Bran feels like he shouldn't go to Castle Black.

Edited by The Knight of Grasses

My thoughts:

That said, haven't we had enough Theon torture? Or at least enough for now? I think we'll get the point when he becomes relevant to the story again and we see that he's missing a couple fingers, toes, etc. I feel like we don't need as much Theon torture stuff as they've given us.

Best part of the show - I would watch an entire series based on clever ways to torture and dismember Theon.

I've been thinking - anyone think they'll have Nym kill Locke? They've gotta throw her in at some point.

I reckon Arya's first warging will be after the RW. I was thinking that perhaps Locke could be dispatched by Brienne instead of Shagwell and company during her FfC nature hike.

Did George RR Martin write this one? I am surprised.

What are peoples views on Ramsay ???

Dude there cant be fighting and killing in every episode , this is not a movie :)

BTW from a guy who hasnt read the books i rly like Ramsay

But thats just me i like twisted and crazy people who play twisted and crazy games with other people :P

At some point i was wondering if i see some SAW scenarios here :) ,

Poor Theon getting cut and stuff

Edited by Inceptor

I thought the first twenty minutes were terrible. So much forced and bland filler, it seemed at times they left the camera filming the actors adlibbing and that's it.

Hated the Joffrey and Tywin scene.

I don't even....

How can you possibly hate this scene?

I liked the episode overall. Full marks especially to Dany and her 'negotiations', to Tywin counselling Joffrey, and of course to Jaime / Brienne. However, once they decided to move the bearpit scene to this episode instead of Ep 8, I think they should have done a bit more re-balancing of some scenes to give the actual bear fight in the pit slightly more emphasis, given that this was the big dramatic ending to the episode. I think they could have added about 20-30 seconds to that and cut the same amount from the Theon torture scene. Even though I shudder at them, I agree that the Theon torture scenes are necessary in terms of the long-term plot - it was just that in this episode, I felt it all went on slightly too long in comparison to all the other scenes. A bit of skilful editing would have left the whore-then-torture stuff still horrible, but allowed that little extra time with the bear.

I don't even....

How can you possibly hate this scene?

I thought it was weak sauce too. A scene in which Tywin and Joff talk one-on-one and involves Tywin ascending the stairs and towering over Joff as he sits the throne should've been far more dramatic and intense than some lame dragon speculation.

Tywin definitely asserted his dominance, but meh.

Edited by FattyPeon

The theory from some is that Jeyne Westerling is pregnant and that it's Jeyne's sister that Jaime saw. Maybe this theory is correct and GRRM has a long planned story that Robb does indeed have an heir after his death and that's why they've planted this seed (excuse the pun)

The theory from some is that Jeyne Westerling is pregnant and that it's Jeyne's sister that Jaime saw. Maybe this theory is correct and GRRM has a long planned story that Robb does indeed have an heir after his death and that's why they've planted this seed (excuse the pun)

You mean leaving KL? He didnt call ger jeyne because she resembles westerling, he called her that because shes jeyne poole

Did jaime say he met jayne Westerling a while ago bacause her father was trying to marry her into the lannisters? Anyway I think jaime can tell the difference between a 16 & 12 year old. Even jayne Poole that's Sansa's age is noted to look older then arya should look. I think it's just people's wishfull thinking that some part of robb is still alive.

Someone pointed out earlier (like 10 pages ago, dont remember who) that it was strange that Tywin wasnt concerned about the dragons.

Im guessing he mentioned the size of the last dragons, assuming thats the size of danys dragons. Im sure it takes a long time for news to reach weateros from that far east. Last news he got about dragons was probably from qarth, when they were cat size.

That being said, the Joff/tywin scene was excellent. As it began, i said to my girlfriend (an unsullied, as this forum calls them) "holy shit, this wasnt in the books, but its going to be phenominal!" And it certainly delivered.

Perfect balance of putting his grandson in his place, while remembering that hes speaking to a king.

Speculation about talisa... Seems that there are no westerlings, so maybe talisa is a mix of jeyne and her mother? Hooking up with robb, genuine love, but still conspiring with tywin.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if the show projectes some internal struggle for her, when it comes time to follow through with the plan.

And the audience will be informed of ramsays identity when roose presents the starks with theons finger skin, imo

I'm almost positive it's been mentioned on these boards by one of the folks working with GRRM that the whole "Hips Don't Lie" decoy Jeyne thing was an accident on his part, he just got his character descriptions mixed up.