[Book Spoilers] EP307 Discussion

Did jaime say he met jayne Westerling a while ago bacause her father was trying to marry her into the lannisters? Anyway I think jaime can tell the difference between a 16 & 12 year old. Even jayne Poole that's Sansa's age is noted to look older then arya should look. I think it's just people's wishfull thinking that some part of robb is still alive.

Not relevant to what I've said, I've no idea if Jaime has mentioned her in the TV show. I'm saying that if GRRM has (in the books) the plan to have Jeyne Westerling give birth to an heir, this may be why the writers of the TV show (along with his input) are giving Talisa a pregnancy storyline.

Why change the line, then?

In the books he only says "so long as you give mine to Robb Stark"

Why did they give NCW more lines to say? Because awesome.

I think arya will get the ax to the head in ep9 and depending on if they show LS this season she might see her mother dead if not leave ppl wondering if arya's dead too like theon.

Doubt that happens.

I remember seeing a clip in a promo of Arya and the Hound in what looked like a dungeon(possibly castle) and Arya runs forward with an extremely concerned look on her face, the Hound grabs her and pulls her back.

Please trust me, I saw it, I don't remember which promo it was there was like 30 by the time it was over, but my first reaction to the split second clip is, Arya is going to get inside the castle and get close enough to witness the Rains of Castamered stuff go down.. uggh.

Is Talisa a spy? Possibly. It does seem odd how many letters she is writing. My (non-book reading) husband asked "Is she from the same place that Shae is from?" I think the answer is, yes, right? Aren't they both supposed to be from Volantis but one is a whore and one is a lady?

Talisa is a noble from Voltantis. Shae is a commoner from Lorath supposedly, Cersei asks her when she left Lorath(2.9 Blackwater), claiming she recognized her accent because she had a Lorathi handmaiden once. Shae doesn't ever confirm she's correct just makes up a bunch of BS on the spot to cover her ass. Cersei can tell she's not a noble woman by the way she curtseys I suppose as well.

Jaqen H'ghar claimed he was from Lorath, but it was probably just part of his cover since his accent changes a bit when he changes his face.

By the way, where is Grey Wind ? Pretty sure we couldn't see Robb's direwolf this season

We've seen him once as soldiers are riding past him and then Karstark and Robb start talking about RR march being a distraction.

My thoughts:

Are they setting the stage for Osha leaving with Rickon? Or do we think she'll stick it out with Bran and the Reeds? Speaking of which, THAT whole story needs more. We need to see Bran having more visions and spending more time as a warg. Right now, I feel like there's not enough to establish why exactly Bran feels like he shouldn't go to Castle Black.

It's been pretty obvious since season one that Osha doesn't want to go back north of the wall. She chose to kneel instead of die and didn't ever try to escape from Winterfell until the Greyjoys took over. The only time she suggested going back to Mance was when they "captured" Bran in the woods when they first met him. "A living kin to Benjen Stark" or something...

She tried to warn Robb Stark about the danger North of the Wall when he rode south, it's clear she's seen the walkers before, I guess most the audience just needs a reminder about where Osha came from and though she was loyal to her "little lords" in season two, there's a line she's not willing to cross, that line is the Wall.

I wonder why they felt the need to change Arya from worshiping the Old Gods to the god of death?

First off, it's a nod that Syrio's words still have an impact on her. Syrio is the one that told her there is only one god, and his name is death. Just like Syrio's words have a huge impact on her in the books. "Quick as a snake, silent as a shadow"

Arya goes through a religious struggle with the old gods in the books, she abandons them after Ned beheading, she mocks them in Harrenhall(enter Jaqen with "the gods are not mocked girl") but then asks for help, which is answered by herself(through Nymeria).

She rejects the "red god" when the Hound is found innocent of murdering Mycah even though he admits he killed him.

We get the GoHH in the books instead of Melisandre, so instead of the old gods green dreamer fearing her we get the red god priestess with a hint of fear.

When she gets to Braavos it's not going to matter anyway, since she'll start serving the God of Many Faces and Many Names.

So annoyed Dany and Jorah didn't kiss this episode. Looks like its either going to be at the end of this series for shock value (honestly, we'll need something to cheer us up, this series will have a miserable ending with Ygritte, Sansa marriage n RW). Or at the start of next series so it can be a complete arc with him being exiled towards the end.

Also, did anyone else pick up on Dany saying that "we all know what happens to thing that don't bend". Do you think D&D added that line as an indirect reference to Stannis; who will break before he bends because he is iron? Its quite a popular euphanism about the character.

Best line though goes to Locke. "Well this is disgraceful fucking performance!" :D Honestly, Brienne and Jamie have had by far the most consistently great arc this series.

Edited by total1402

I think we have heard at least half a dozen couples say "I am your and you are mine" kinda getting annoying.

But its been on the cards since season 1. More to the point. Dany says no pretty much straight away, which is very different; all the others are not unrequited love.

I think someone said it, in some previous post, but the biggest issue this season is the portrayal of Robb. The changes from the book in the strategy line, have made him look weak, and look just some love- stricken lad. I remember reading the chapters before the RW, and even though things were definitely bad for the North with the lost of the Karstark host and such, but he laid out a solid plan to retake the North, with the recapturing of Moat Cailin from the Ironmen, and with everyone playing an important role, and it seemed at the moment that they could even have a shot, at the rebellion. And so the RW was a shock from every possible angle. I can see the reasons for doing it, trying to focus more on the realtionship and love between Robb and Talisa, and i can't see the whole Talisa-spy thing playing out, probably she will be killed along with Robb. Well just 10 days to see it happen.

That being said, the Joff/tywin scene was excellent. As it began, i said to my girlfriend (an unsullied, as this forum calls them) "holy shit, this wasnt in the books, but its going to be phenominal!" And it certainly delivered.

Perfect balance of putting his grandson in his place, while remembering that hes speaking to a king.

Actually, it was an interpretation of the scene (can't remember exact context) in the throne room where Joff mocks Tywin and the throne room grows dead silent.

Edited by 7V3N

Not what i pictured him looking like at ALL, however the Misfits actor is doing a great job. Its such a character jump for him, Simon to Ramsay. This was THE character i was looking forward to, and im not dissapoonted one bit.

No one pictured him looking good... he reminds me of Samwise Gamgee. And that is the picture I have in my head every scene he is in lol

Ok I was unsure for a while but after this episode, I'm pretty sure the TV show is strongly suggesting that Talisa is a spy. Also what's with her being pregnant? I say this because I'm worried this will effect the whole situation/basis of Robb's will on the show. I mean do you guys think we'll even still have the scene on the show where Robb tells Cat he's naming Jon his heir? If they don't have that scene that would by far be the biggest disappointment of the tv series for me so far. If this has already been asked and answered then my apologies, I haven't read through all the pages of this thread lol.

Edited by Jon Icefyre

Did Melisanndra and crew sail their ship up the river to the God's Eye in order to find Gendry? That is pretty much the only way her passing by King's Landing makes any sense.

I wondered the same thing. That's the only way the ship traveling north by King's Landing would work. I thought they would have gone around Crackclaw point to Maidenpool or something like that. The God's Eye/Blackwater Rush route would be a lot of sailing through crown-held territory for a party from Dragonstone - hard to believe they wouldn't be noticed. Maybe Mel used a glamor....the real reason is probably the show runners figuring the TV audience won't pay that much attention to geography. Edited by DarkHaunter62

Best line though goes to Locke. "Well this is disgraceful fucking performance!" :D Honestly, Brienne and Jamie have had by far the most consistently great arc this series.

Agreed that was one hilariously epic line! But for me the best line of that episode or rather the funniest goes to Bronn in his conversation with Tyrion about marrying Sansa:

Bronn: You're a lord she's a lady, and a beauty at that, I don't see the problem.

Tyrion: Shae isn't going to like it.

Bronn: Shae is a whore!....Are you gonna marry her huh? How did marrying a whore workout for you the last time?

Haha Bronn can be so cruel yet at the same time he's absolutely hilarious.

Edited by Jon Icefyre

Agreed that was one hilariously epic line! But for me the best line of that episode or rather the funniest goes to Bronn in his conversation with Tyrion about marrying Sansa:

Bronn: You're a lord she's a lady, and a beauty at that, I don't see the problem.

Tyrion: Shae isn't going to like it.

Bronn: Shae is a whore!....Are you gonna marry her huh? How did marrying a whore workout for you the last time?

Haha Bronn can be so cruel yet at the same time he's absolutely hilarious.

I love Bronn for the same reason. He says things how they are. He never thinks "will I insult someone with this?" or whatever. He says what he thinks. He'd be dead if it wasn't Tyrion, but that's why they work so well together.

I do have to say that Talisa writing the letter did make me believe in the "Talisa is a spy" theory. It makes sense the more I think of it. They make such a point of them being all kissy all the time that I think it's a plot device to make the RW all the more tragic to non book readers when she betrays him. Now I wish I had paid more attention to what she was saying when Robb was asking who she was writing to and she said her mother. She said something about her mother being surprised about a lot of things that sounded a little ominous.

And vengeful Catelyn (stoneheart) would slit her throat instead of Aegon "lackwit" Frey....