How would you rate episode 307?  

764 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

This episode was good but not great. The Theon scene didn't work at all for me. I've had enough of the Theon torture. And GRRM has brought more character development into Jon's scenes than any other episode this season.

This is feeling like another decent 7/10 kind of episode, but I think I'll wait until I've had the chance to re-watch it by myself before I decide on a final score and write further. Some good, some bad, the usual. I will say that Jaime was rockin' it this ep as usual though~.

The past two episodes have dissapointed me. I like the actor for Ramsay but they need to alter this Theon storyline somehow. They can't just feed us more torture scenes for two seasons. The Jon Snow/Y'Gritte scenes are still boring me. The bear scene was a little underwhelming to be honest, but I definitely think Jaime has been the character of the season thus far. Easily.

Tormund got to be Tormund for once.

But there was a lot of plot bombs dropped that were a bit in your face. Gendry finding out who he is...? I mean, i get that hes the Edric Storm in this plot line, but whoa. Mel explaining she was a slave once. O.o

Talisa is expecting? O__________o

Ouch.

But i loved loved loved the Bear Pit stuff. "Sorry about the sapphires" Oh fuck yes! So much noise was going on in my living room. Even my mum was like "AWW FUCK YISS!"

The plot bombs were pretty cool with me. Im hanging with the whole changes thing. Im not sure how i feel about the Talisa thing though. A little mixed on that. Shae's temper tantrum makes me realize now what direction they are going with her, at last. I have some misgivings on that but oh well. It was interesting nonetheless and showed some character on both ends of the Shae/Tyrion dynamic.

9. It was really close to a 10 but the Theon scene made it drop a point. While, now its shown he loses his little Greyjoy, the reveal didnt happen yet and im getting annoyed and so are show only viewers. They better reveal that soon.

I loved it. Gave it a 10, and it's been awhile since I've rated one that high.

"My gold. You gave it to me, remember?" and "What happens to things that don't bend?" Seeing all of the dragons was just too cool, and when Dany just casually reached over and took out a piece of raw meat....guess she made her point.

Arya is awesome! "I don't talk to traitors." "You took the gold and you gave him up." Run, girl, run!

It was good to see the expression on Gendry's face when he found out his father was Robert Baratheon.

Disappointed in the bear pit scene

Ygritte was a scream. But, then the "All of us" was pretty awesome.

The past two episodes have dissapointed me. I like the actor for Ramsay but they need to alter this Theon storyline somehow. They can't just feed us more torture scenes for two seasons.

It will almost certainly be done after this season. They can handle the Moat Cailin stuff next season, giving them only a few episodes, and the Prince of Winterfell stuff in season 5.

7 just for the sake of it. Again too much plot development which I wouldn't even find that necessary like Orell's little crush. The Bear pit scene could've been so much better, seemed kind of forced.

Edited by Winterz

It was an okay episode, the Bear pit ruins it though.

Highlights

1. Half a million, the population of Kings landing

2. Hodor, saying hodor

3. Sorry about the sapphires. I kept waiting for Jamie to push him into the Bear pit. That would of made the scene.

4. And I have a gift for you, your life.

5. Your Grace.

Not much happened, and there were very few strong scenes. Most of them told us things we already know:

Sansa, Shae and Tyrion are upset about their marriage, we know.

Wights are a thing, we know.

The throne room had dragon skulls that got smaller, we know.

Theon's being tortured, we know.

Thought the bear pit was a let down from the book, the only scene that took me by surprise was the Dany scene with the messenger. Had a nitpick about drogon attention whoring but otherwise I think it's the best scene in the entire episode.

This episode was great! I gave it an 8. This is an awesome set-up for next week. Sure, next week may be a little more of the same, as was last week's, but it all going to build up for an awesome episode 9. That's the payoff.

I also think the dynamic between Jon and Ygritte is spot on.

Edited by fuseprime