Most Powerful Person in ASOIAF as of ADWD

Dany is heading towards Vaes Dothrak where she will be proclaimed the Stallion who Mounts the World and unite all khalasars. She's also the only dragonrider in the world. So I think it's fair to say that she's the most powerful person.

She has one dragon definitely. And I think it's most likely that only "unclaimed" dragons can be warged.

So hypothetically 2 warged dragons verse a single claimed dragon. I like the odds. One swoops in after Drogon while the other takes off DT's head. Works for me.

Sarcasm aside, having dragons doesn't guarantee power. NK has nukes, but cannot seem to get them off the launch pad. Sure is stirs an element of fear, but there is more to real power than simply having access to means of powers. In this case the dragons are the means of DT's power. After five books, I see her as heavily reliant on her dragons to achieve success, but not much in the way of true diplomacy and political/military strategy.

Yeah I agree with the poster who said Mace Tyrell/Olenna Tyrell. They've completely swept up at KL and from what we understand have huge man power and massive provisions. I think this will change quickly to Dany with her Dragons and her army, but by the end of DwD I'd say the Tyrells. Littlefinger is a close second, I think the Tyrells will fall quite quickly, but LF has more staying power.

Can't see how Bran or BR can be considered the most powerful. Obviously in terms of sorcery/omniscience yes. But I would argue that they're watchers, not doers.

Politically, the most powerful person is the Chairman of The Iron Bank of Braavos. The Iron Bank pretty much controls all the comerce in Westeros & The Free Cities, and has a strong influence in Qarth, Slavers Bay & Asshai. They can pretty much decide who becomes king by giving or not giving loans to the claimants. They're also almost certianly in league with The Faceless Men, which makes them nigh-omniscent & omnipresent as well

Magically, Bloodraven is the most powerful.

Very hard to tell at this point, without omniscience. But my vote goes to Varys. He is able to pull all the strings he needs from the background. But with all the things yet to come, well, I'm not betting any hard money on anyone.

I agree. Others such as LF, Dany, Euron, Aegon, Olenna can acquire power but keeping it is the problem. Besides all of them are exposed. Varys is hidden somewhere in the Red Keep.We still don't know what his true motive is, we can only guess. Not knowing someone's wealness, it is difficult to face him. Tywin Lannister, a trully powerfull man had a weakness, a dwarf by the name of Tyrion Lannister. Olenna's weakness is her granddaughter Margaery, Dany has lack of good advisors, Aegon needs to prove who he really is, Euron is mad. And Varys?

#1) Sealord of Braavos

#2) Daenerys

#3) Mace Tyrell

I'm not sure about Bran but if Bloodraven was so powerful a greenseer I'm guessing a lot of things would've went differently.

Imagine the Mountain charging Bran and Bran warging him at the last second before the Mountain could reach him with his longsword. Now imagine Bran using the Mountain to go beserker. Now imagine Bran jumping from skin to skin, manipulating different people on a battlefield. NOW imagine Bran warging a king!

Bran is extremely dangerous right now and he'll be even more dangerous before the story is done.

Imagine the Mountain charging Bran and Bran warging him at the last second before the Mountain could reach him with his longsword. Now imagine Bran using the Mountain to go beserker. Now imagine Bran jumping from skin to skin, manipulating different people on a battlefield. NOW imagine Bran warging a king!

Bran is extremely dangerous right now and he'll be even more dangerous before the story is done.

He can only just warg a lackwit, it will take him years (if not decades) to be able to warg someone like Gregor.

Honestly, I don't think Mace Tyrell is bright enough to be regarded as the "most powerful".

Varys has intelligence and influence, and when combined, those trump political power without intelligence.

On that basis, I'm going to vote for Varys.

Given that it took at least a year before Bran could warg Hodor, and the length of time it took for Bloodraven to get to the level he's at now

Even though Hodor is simple, Bran warged him at a very young age with no help. Varamyr, an experienced warg who can wear the skins of several animals at once, couldn't warg a human. I wouldn't even compare Bran to Bloodraven. Bloodraven isn't on his level.

By the end? I think we can argue Mace Tyrell as far as Westerosi characters go.

-Hand of the King(and possibly soon to be regent)

-Leads the largest army in the continent

-House Tyrell is a rich house and by marriage he has connections to House's Redwyne and Hightower who are also insanely rich

-Has 2 of his goons on the small council and now that Pycelle and Kevan are dead he can add 1 or 2 more his men(like Mathis Rowan or anyone else) to the council

-Tommen is a puppet to him and the only thing that stands in his way is a powerless Cersei

Mace is certainly a contender for having the most power and influence at his disposal.

Dany is not powerful. She has one juvenile dragon (the other two are out of her control), 8000 Unsullied, and one sellsword company. Thats not exactly the height of millitary power. She can't even control Drogon very effectivley (all she can do is sit on his back without him throwing her off or roasting her), and the sellsword captain is hald hostage. So really, her power hinges on The Unsullied at the moment, and even though there are 8000 of them, they arent invincible.

Dany is not powerful. She has one juvenile dragon (the other two are out of her control), 8000 Unsullied, and one sellsword company. Thats not exactly the height of millitary power. She can't even control Drogon very effectivley (all she can do is sit on his back without him throwing her off or roasting her), and the sellsword captain is hald hostage. So really, her power hinges on The Unsullied at the moment, and even though there are 8000 of them, they arent invincible.

3 growing dragons and 8000 unsullied and one sellsword company seems like a big deal in my opinion

she destruct 3 cities with this power

Archived