[Book Spoilers] Talisa is pregnant?

Warning: This post contain book spoilers to ASoS and ADwD. Do not proceed if you haven't finished this books!

Apparently, Talisa is pregnant on the show. This gives a nod towards the "hips don't lie" theory but also makes the northern conspiracy moot. I fail to see why Robb would have any reason to ever legitimise Jon now.

Can I also confirm that GRRM wrote this episode (except for the bear scene)? So I suppose this episode was in line with what he had in mind in the books.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it. When Talisa started writing that letter and Robb brought it up, it made me think all of the spy theories are true. However, if she's pregnant with his kid is she really going to betray him like that? I think she's either lying about being pregnant and is a spy, or it's a way to make the RW even more heartbreaking by having Talisa murdered as well...

This gives a nod towards the "hips don't lie" theory

Lmao

I expect that Robb will now send Talisa back to Riverrun under the Blackfish's protection. No reason for him to be at the Twins if he's going to parlay with Ser Jaime later on. Otherwise, he's now the Greatjon.

Okay, so what does this all mean about Robb eventually writing his will - naming Jon Snow has his heir to Winterfell?

TV Robb would have no need to write a will at this point - much less naming or even thinking of Snow at this point, if he thinks he may have a son, jeez "two sons, or both" as Robb stated...

But as they have stated, the books and TV are separate from each other. I don't know if I read too much into this.

I am thinking she's going to have a miscarriage next episode which will prompt Robb to write the will. Then Catelyn is going to suggest to legitimize Jon Snow.

They set up the story at the beginning of the season (Catelyn's story about Jon almost dying), so I really can't see them wasting that time not to pay it off since the entire season felt rushed (up until now).

I wouldn't read too much into this. I think we'll see the will prop up at some point.

Archived