[Book Spoilers] Jaime/Brienne

The ''tell Robb Stark the Lannisters send their regards''

/gasp.

Also ''Ser Jaime'' and NCW's face. :crying:

I thought the bear scene was fab.

Who else thinks Locke is actually better than Vargo Hoat? Hoat is funnier in written form, he's hilarious, but I think Locke had some hilarious lines this episode, plus that guy is genuinely creepy.

Who else thinks Locke is actually better than Vargo Hoat? Hoat is funnier in written form, he's hilarious, but I think Locke had some hilarious lines this episode, plus that guy is genuinely creepy.

I've really started to appreciate the Locke character as well. I'm actually excited to see him again. dun.dun.dun.

I've really started to appreciate the Locke character as well. I'm actually excited to see him again. dun.dun.dun.

I'm gonna have to re-watch the episode to remember the lines but his dialogue this ep made me laugh out loud a few times.

I'm with you. I am really enjoying Locke. Great character and great performance by Noah Taylor.

"The FUCK you're doing to my bear?" :lol:

I'm with you. I am really enjoying Locke. Great character and great performance by Noah Taylor.

Oh that exchange between Locke and Steelshanks was amazing. Superbly done by the actors, and superbly soundtracked (the entire pit scene really).

I know you're being sarcastic, but I don't think that's the case. Contrary to the likes of Tyrion and Cersei, Jaime hasn't been whitewashed at all. If anything, last season they made him even worse than he's in the books.

I think the problem is that season to season stuff gets kind of lost, and viewers are likely to attach far more weight to what happens recently. I know that with show Jaime, I have to actively remind myself of the bad things he's done to remember how bad a guy he is/was.

I don't think Jaime makes up for throwing a 6 year old boy out of the window by saving someone else to whom he owed a debt.

Last season they made him a fucking monster, killing his own cousin or whatever, so I don't think it's fair to say they've really whitewashed Jaime that much. Nikolaj is just a fantastic actor that's bringing detail, nuance to his character.

I realise I'm spamming now, but I just remembered another thing I truly loved about this episode;

When Jaime approaches Steelshanks after discovering that Locke won't accept Selwyn's gold, he approaches him and tells him that "We have to return to Harrenhal." in such a blatant manner, as if it would be just as obvious to Steelshanks (or anyone else for that matter) that they have to return for her, when honestly no one but Jaime would care. I snickered at that, it was adorable. His entire posture and tone indicated that returning for her was the most self-explanatory, natural thing ever, and I just loved, loved, loved that. So sweeeeeeet!

And I also loved his look when Brienne called him "Ser Jaime" when they said goodbye. You could tell throughout that conversation he didn't like being separated from her at all. Likewise, you could tell that she kept a proud face on, but really hated the situation as well even if she tried to hide that from him (and herself, as she denies that she appreciates his company).

I ship these two soooooo much. :wub:

Good for you for mentioning Taylor. I'm all 'I like the Locke character', when really I should be saying I like Noah Taylor's performance. He was really great all season.

I sincerely hope he makes a return as a Rorge or Biter stand-in or something.

I realise I'm spamming now, but I just remembered another thing I truly loved about this episode;

When Jaime approaches Steelshanks after discovering that Locke won't accept Selwyn's gold, he approaches him and tells him that "We have to return to Harrenhal." in such a blatant manner, as if it would be just as obvious to Steelshanks (or anyone else for that matter) that they have to return for her, when honestly no one but Jaime would care. I snickered at that, it was adorable. His entire posture and tone indicated that returning for her was the most self-explanatory, natural thing ever, and I just loved, loved, loved that. So sweeeeeeet!

And I also loved his look when Brienne called him "Ser Jaime" when they said goodbye. You could tell throughout that conversation he didn't like being separated from her at all. Likewise, you could tell that she kept a proud face on, but really hated the situation as well even if she tried to hide that from him (and herself, as she denies that she appreciates his company).

I ship these two soooooo much. :wub:

they're SUCH good actors and have such great chemistry. they are a JOY to watch on screen.

they're SUCH good actors and have such great chemistry. they are a JOY to watch on screen.

Yeah, their scenes are golden, they raise the roof. Their chemistry is wonderful, and their work certainly does set the bar high for the rest of the cast.

...not to say that the rest of the cast isn't fantastic, because the show is incredibly well-cast; but I don't think anyone can say that another pair of actors are better than these two this season. I think Maisie, Jack Gleeson and Iwan Rheon come closest, though.

Out of all the stuff this season, I've probably enjoyed the Brienne and Jamie scenes the most. I think that the two actors have great chemistry on screen. I was a little disappointed that the "I only rescue maidens" line wasn't there, but oh well, overall I liked the scene.

Re: pairs of actors, I think my other favorite has to be Peter Dinkelage and Jack Gleeson. I think they are hilarious together.

Also, I don't mind the Locke change, Vargo Hoat was sort of annoying in the books, and Locke simplifies things and serves the same purpose. I am usually the first to complain when a show change detracts from the series, but I don't think anything really meaningful was lost by changing Vargo Hoat. Mostly we just don't get lisping, which IMO is a good thing.

Out of all the stuff this season, I've probably enjoyed the Brienne and Jamie scenes the most. I think that the two actors have great chemistry on screen. I was a little disappointed that the "I only rescue maidens" line wasn't there, but oh well, overall I liked the scene.

Re: pairs of actors, I think my other favorite has to be Peter Dinkelage and Jack Gleeson. I think they are hilarious together.

Also, I don't mind the Locke change, Vargo Hoat was sort of annoying in the books, and Locke simplifies things and serves the same purpose. I am usually the first to complain when a show change detracts from the series, but I don't think anything really meaningful was lost by changing Vargo Hoat. Mostly we just don't get lisping, which IMO is a good thing.

I don't know why people keep saying Locke doesn't have a lisp. His lisp sounds pretty strong to me. It's not as strong as Vargo's, but it's a pretty strong lisp nonetheless.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmtfHBa0T8

Archived