Margaery's Words of Wisdom [Spoilers]

Thoughts on Margaery and Sansa doing the talk about the birds and the bees... But more specifically: Why is Margaery telling Sansa her children will be Lords of Winterfell?

Well being in KL with Lannister "ears" all over the place, one would surely not say Robb was going to win where Joffrey might learn of it.

Actually, the probelm I have with the scene is that Margaery would know Sansa is fourth in line... it would require not only assuming Robb will lose because he's a traitor, but that there are no male Starks to take the claim to Winterfell. I haven't heard anyone tell the tale in King's Landing, and I don't remember this was information they had in KL either.

Actually, the probelm I have with the scene is that Margaery would know Sansa is fourth in line... it would require not only assuming Robb will lose because he's a traitor, but that there are no male Starks to take the claim to Winterfell. I haven't heard anyone tell the tale in King's Landing, and I don't remember this was information they had in KL either.

Tywin knew in episode 5. I think at this point the show has just skipped over everybody else learning of that, since it doesn't seem like there's much room left for Sansa to learn about that.

The show basically had Margaery take the place of Garlan, who gave her a similar talk about Tyrion at the wedding itself (I was wondering if they were going to have Loras do that).

You could interpret it as lords and not THE lords of Winterfell. You don't have to be numero uno i think to be lords of winterfell. I actually liked the scene. I completely baffled by people who think that book Sansa didn't think like this.

I think everyone is on the assumption that Bran and Rickon are missing and presumed dead. That's to the advantage of everyone who is against the Starks. We know Tywin has the RW in the works and he is assuming that Bolton will hunt down Bran and Rickon if they are alive. Thus it seems probable that if they get rid of Robb and wait a Season the North will be ripe for the taking by the Ned's grandson through Sansa.

My problem with the scene is that Margaery is talking to her at all since in the books the Tyrells break contact once she is no longer valuable. I suppose Margaery serves as a stand in for the other Tyrell brother bucking Sansa up at the wedding.

I might have had a problem with the scene propping up Tyrion's virtues, but I think the scenes between Tyrion and Shae and Bronn did enough to counter any perceived whitewashing.

I like TV Marg. Not as to say that I dislike Book Marg. I just feel like with Book Marg that I didn't quite understand her and so much of her was a mystery, whereas TV Marg clearly has her established agenda, and apparently has been around the block once or twice! I questioned her maidenhead in the novels, and after the whole Kettleblack thing and trial I was just left so confused. I always wished that she had a POV.

So we learned that Madge has been around the block, Natalie Dormer is too old to play a, "maiden" actress (mid 30s), it wouldn't be believable.

We also learned what, "Melody Lot 5" meant. Melisandre was a slave who died and who was resurrected by R'hllor as many of us have correctly concluded.

Gendry found out who he was on the TV show way before the books, I wonder if he will find out or how he will find out in the books.

Can't wait for the Arya Melisandre meeting in the books!

I liked the words of wisdom. Margaery was being very practical but still sweet and trying to comfort Sansa.

I'm also curious as to Margaery's sexual experience being made known to the audience at this point. It appeared to go right over Sansa's head, but are they setting up Margaery (in the audience's eyes at least) to be guilty of the crimes she's later accused of by Cersei? I'm hoping that "reveal" had a larger purpose than making Sansa look insanely naive, even by Sansa's standards.

I'm also curious as to Margaery's sexual experience being made known to the audience at this point. It appeared to go right over Sansa's head, but are they setting up Margaery (in the audience's eyes at least) to be guilty of the crimes she's later accused of by Cersei? I'm hoping that "reveal" had a larger purpose than making Sansa look insanely naive, even by Sansa's standards.

Depends on how you look at it: we know she's not a maiden, but I dont think she has being fooling around either. My guess? We'll found out she was trained by women, and Loras being gay would play against them as it would be said that "the Tyrells allow this publicy". And she has only slept with Renly.

Loved the scene. "Yes, my sweet girl, my mother taught me."

Lords of Winterfell? Didn't even faze me...I guess I was thinking the way that Tywin did when he told Tyrion and Cersei who they were to marry and why. Kind of like who gets what places in a chess game. Completely forgot about Robb still being alive and the other implications.

We also learned what, "Melody Lot 5" meant. Melisandre was a slave who died and who was resurrected by R'hllor as many of us have correctly concluded.

When did it say she died? Scourged means whipped. And I've never seen anyone theorize that Melisandre died and was brought back to life.

Archived