Margaery's Words of Wisdom [Spoilers]

When did it say she died? Scourged means whipped. And I've never seen anyone theorize that Melisandre died and was brought back to life.

Its a very popular theory, and explains her warmth, why she doesn't need to eat, why she can create shadowbabies, and so much more.

I love the reveal about the "state" of Margaery's maidenhead because this casts a shadow of doubt on MUCH of Cersei's POV chapters in AFFC. Most of us assumed that Cersei was just acting like an insane, delusional and jealous bitch towards Margaery which she most certainly WAS. But perhaps Cersei was right in her suspicions of Margaery just like she was right in her suspicions of House Tyrell's long-game designs on power. We all know Cersei aided and abetted in the incrimination of Margaery but perhaps Margaery was purposely doing things to make Cersei go off the deep end?

We also learned what, "Melody Lot 5" meant. Melisandre was a slave who died and who was resurrected by R'hllor as many of us have correctly concluded.

You think you correctly concluded something and this doesn't prove anything we didn't already know. Melisandre was a slave which was explicitly stated in the books and she's probably using a glamour on herself since we can't "see" her slave tatoos or scars where they were.

There's no proof she's dead. Her not needing to eat and sleeping very little just proves she's like the other priest that survives ten days at sea Moqorro. I suppose he's dead too? She does sleep a little bit which actually which proves that she's not dead, Beric and unCat never sleep and GRRM said he would not give an undead character a POV(SSM). Melisandre has a POV therefore Melisandre isn't undead.

Gendry found out who he was on the TV show way before the books, I wonder if he will find out or how he will find out in the books.

It's possible that Gendry knows, Thoros afterall did know King Robert pretty well. In the books Gendry being Robert's bastard and not knowing is a running joke, in the show it served a purpose to eliminate a minor character and give Gendry more to do.

Can't wait for the Arya Melisandre meeting in the books!

Some people can't separate the books from the show, I suppose that the opposite is true as well.

I'll use GRRM analogy. He said he was "laying tracks"(writing books) and he could hear the train coming(the show).

Here's the thing when you read the books they are a different train than the show(but this train doesn't have the danger of running over GRRM as he's laying tracks)

but the two trains aren't necessarily one the same set of tracks....

The show is making tons of changes, you can assume that some things that happened in the books will happen in the show but it's not vice versa.

The big difference between the show and the books? The show doesn't forshadow things that are going to happen 5 seasons in the future, they leave doors open so they have options for how the story will play out and they don't use prophecy much as that "limits" their options.

so Melisandre might see Arya again, but that doesn't have anything to do with Arya meeting Melisandre in the books. Different set of tracks.

Its a very popular theory, and explains her warmth, why she doesn't need to eat, why she can create shadowbabies, and so much more.

Shame that the popularity of a theory doesn't determine if it's correct or not.

Oh dear god, I watched this scene. So I guess they have decided to remove all characterisation from Sansa and just make her into the shallow girl at school.

Why do I get the feeling that D&D were not popular in high school?

Oh dear god, I watched this scene. So I guess they have decided to remove all characterisation from Sansa and just make her into the shallow girl at school.

I have explained this earlier. TV-Sansa is the dumb blonde bombshell. Every TV series has at least one of those.

Well, they ARE spending millions of dollars adapting a fantasy series...

Ah, when put that way the divergence of interesting books into standard AD&D tropes, makes much more sense.

Edit: Maybe they will add Drizzt to Tyrion's adventures in Essos, as the characters are becoming more RA Salvatore than GRRM on the show these days.

I have explained this earlier. TV-Sansa is the dumb blonde bombshell. Every TV series has at least one of those.

Yes, sadly I think you are right.

It's funny that in a world where we still have forced marriages and kidnapped brides and know how awful this is, that the producers would decide to make the forced bride the bad guy for not wanting her captor. At this point I might read Twilight as it sounds like it treats women as people more realistically than D&D these days.

I realize Martin wrote the episode, but interesting how the show is being blunt with some of the mysteries. A (rare) interesting aspect of A Feast for Crows was whether or not Margaery was a nympho. Now it's all but confirmed in one scene. A bit depressing.

Most likely because TV viewer have a shorter attention span than book reader. Images are more important and with months between seasons it's easier. Like with LotR, in the books you had no idea what the Ring was, it had unfold slowly but in the movies: Bam! Prologue with explanation

BTW: Am I the only one who thinks that Marg wants Tyrion? New TV subplot: Marg/Tyrion afair! (So they can produce nudity)

Yep, and she also forgot she had a brother called Robb! Who was before her in line for winterfell. Show Sansa has lost her memory!

A (rare) interesting aspect of A Feast for Crows was whether or not Margaery was a nympho. Now it's all but confirmed in one scene. A bit depressing.

Has nothing to do with GRRM. The show's vision of Margaery Tyrell is very different from that in the novel, he just writes what they tell him to write, and I would not read anything at all into these Margaery scenes vis-a-vis the novel.

I love the reveal about the "state" of Margaery's maidenhead because this casts a shadow of doubt on MUCH of Cersei's POV chapters in AFFC. Most of us assumed that Cersei was just acting like an insane, delusional and jealous bitch towards Margaery which she most certainly WAS. But perhaps Cersei was right in her suspicions of Margaery just like she was right in her suspicions of House Tyrell's long-game designs on power. We all know Cersei aided and abetted in the incrimination of Margaery but perhaps Margaery was purposely doing things to make Cersei go off the deep end?

Cersei is right to be suspicious of Margaery. But, she suspects her of entirely the wrong thing.

I realize Martin wrote the episode, but interesting how the show is being blunt with some of the mysteries. A (rare) interesting aspect of A Feast for Crows was whether or not Margaery was a nympho. Now it's all but confirmed in one scene. A bit depressing.

I disagree. I think it's just adapted for the screen and her age in the show. Does not necessarily imply the same circumstances for the novel (where Margaery is a completely different character)

Edit: Ran made the point clearer, faster :)

Has nothing to do with GRRM. The show's vision of Margaery Tyrell is very different from that in the novel, he just writes what they tell him to write, and I would not read anything at all into these Margaery scenes vis-a-vis the novel.

Show Margaery isn't necessarily any different than book Margaery. Apparently the show version is different from your interpretation of Margaery in the books. She's pretty close to my reading of her. Anyone who takes to hear Dontos's statement "These Tyrells are only Lannisters with flowers." would see things in that light.

Liked the tacit confirmation that Marg is, indeed, a veteran when it comes to a romp in the sack. Puts to rest some of the Marg maidenhead controversy.

Does it? I don't really know to which extent book and show Margaery are similar and different. Book-Marg might well be a maiden but you cannot seriously take show-Marg for one, she's too old, too sexy, too confident. In some scenes she sounds just like some career woman who knows exactly what she wants, there's nothing girlish in her. Again you have 15 years old girls who sleep around, but I've ever met a sex veteran of that age.

Yep, and she also forgot she had a brother called Robb! Who was before her in line for winterfell. Show Sansa has lost her memory!

Well, but one can argue Sansa's already repeated "My Brother's a traitor" so many times that she has no hope for him :dunno:

I just thought the Margaery dialogue seemed a bit inconsistent with what she'd be supposed to know (supposed death of Rickon and Bran)

The other part of the confession session was expected, since Loras already threw away any hints of the supposed Maidenhood of Margaery Tyrell in season 2.

I mean, Sansa was dreaming of going back home to Winterfell before the whole LF anti-Loras/Sansa-scheme, no?

Archived