[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

My wife is looking forward to Arya and Cat finally reuniting. It is going to be a really sad night for the unsulled amongst us. Hell, I've known it was coming for over a year and I'm sure I'll be a wreck.

This non-reader once again liked the Jon / Ygritte scenes best. How she was all in awe about the windmill, how she asks what swooning and fainting mean, her "girls see more blood than boys" (would Jon even have known what she meant?), how he tells her he would like to see her in a silk dress and tear it off her, and how he grabbed her when he said that. Liked Bronn's scene too, and the Sansa / Margary conversation. And Gendry being told his heritage.

With the bear scene, all I could think of was how awful bears used to be treated and how, not too long ago, there were still "dancing bears" shown off in places like Bulgaria and Russia. Oh yeah, and that bear got Brienne on her right side of her neck too, but she didn't have any blood on that side after she was pulled up, only 3 lines on her other side. If a bear paws you like that, you'd look a bit more torn up than she did.

My friend really hates Locke/Vargo Hoat for obvious reasons and he was like "this guy cannot live without someone getting vengeance on him". I seriously hope they keep the scenes in where The Mountain retakes Harrenhal and we find out he slowly fed Locke/Vargo to his own self. Gross but well deserved....

My sister hates Daenerys, ever since she locked Doreah in the vault. Thinks she's a completely evil, self-serving bitch. I figured the Asatapor thing would win her back, but she still thinks she's a hypocrite. I think she ALMOST started to like her this week, when Dany gave the Yunkai the chance to free their slaves without bloodshed. But then Dany decided to break good-faith and keep the gold, which again pissed my sister off. (I hastily said, "She didn't do that in the book! That is kind of bitchy.")

She's heard of a "Bloody Wedding," and assumes it's Joffrey's death at his wedding. The beauty of this is that she'll be shocked by the RW, and then she'll NEVER expect another wedding death so soon after. So even though she's technically right, she'll be totally surprised by both the RW and PW. :)

She loves Tyrion. Loves Jaime...I have to continually remind her that he threw Bran off a tower (a fact easily forgotten on the show).

It's messed up how so many people seem completely unsympathetic to Theon's plight. He's a piece of shit, but come on, he didn't deserve to be gelded.

I think there was nothing that 'book Theon' didn't deserve, but 'HBO Theon' is more sympathetic I think (judging on my non-reader friend reactions).

My girlfriend watched the Talisa scene and became convinced she's going to be killed soon, which will send Robb into a fury and make him turn his attention to attacking King's Landing.

My sister hates Daenerys, ever since she locked Doreah in the vault. Thinks she's a completely evil, self-serving bitch. I figured the Asatapor thing would win her back, but she still thinks she's a hypocrite. I think she ALMOST started to like her this week, when Dany gave the Yunkai the chance to free their slaves without bloodshed. But then Dany decided to break good-faith and keep the gold, which again pissed my sister off. (I hastily said, "She didn't do that in the book! That is kind of bitchy.")

Maybe you should show her the (awful) deleted scene where Doreah kills Irri and she may change her mind...

I don't see the problem with keeping the gold. She'll be taking their gold anyway when she takes the city...

I think there were a couple of deleted scenes, which would make it much easier to understand why Daenerys put Doreah to death so cruelly. Without them, it just looks like deliberate sadism.

I think there were a couple of deleted scenes, which would make it much easier to understand why Daenerys put Doreah to death so cruelly. Without them, it just looks like deliberate sadism.

Sorry if this is off-topic but I keep hearing about this Doreah/Irri scene and how it's like legendarily awful or something? Does anyone have a link? I'm really curious now.

My Unsullied still think that Dany is coming to Westeros soon.

Yeah same with my friends. Actually i remember myself before reading the books (i watched season1 and half of season 2 first) I was always thinking "ok i guess at the end of this season she will land in Westeros for sure". Five books later.... It makes sense though, not complaining.

The bear scene was the big talk in the staffroom at break this morning. Everyone LOVED IT. I told them it was funnier/a bit more thrilling in the books but they didn't see anything wrong with it.

They are also thinking Sansa's a wuss for not wanting Tyrion. They all think he's super hot.

ONE of my coworkers wondered out loud if Robb was going to yell at Bolton for letting Jaime go again.

I finally had to walk my husband through "who has Theon" b/c he couldn't stand it anymore ... I tried to hint and let him guess, but finally we figured out that he just had no idea who the Boltons are or who Roose Bolton is. I think he thought those were just "Starks" ... and then he's like "So Theon is at Harrenhall??" Haha nooooo. I bet A LOT of casual fans don't know who the Boltons really are, and that's going to end up lessoning the effect of the Red Wedding a bit.

To be fair, though, when I first read the books I didn't fully realize or understand who the Bolton were until I read ADWD and then I had to go back and re-read a bunch of stuff / read Tower of the Hand stuff online to get more "caught up" ... there is just so much going on in this story.

Heh. Texted a friend who didn't get to join us on Sunday and asked him what he thought of the episode's climax, he responds "i had the worst feeling that one fuck was going to be raping her, ive never been so glad to see an angry bear before"

Archived