[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

My friend is convinced Talisa's a spy and when she started writing he shouted, "Of what a coincidence! She's writing in a language that NOBODY KNOWS!" making me laugh my ass off. The same friend looked at me in a horrified way after the Theon scene and asked whether that was his cock gone or not. He's also grown a dislike for Dany and says she stuck up now with her army. Another friend thinks Blackfish is the biggest boss in all of Westeros after his appearance. He also is starting to redeem Jaime. He previously hated him and said he had done nothing to be redeemed, after the bear scene he said to me, "I'll consider it." He also is convinced Sansa is smoking something.

I think Locke will be used in Brienne's AFFC arc.

Hope so. would be nice. Instead of the death of Shagwell.

About talisa: She's not a spy. In volantis they speak Valyrian. And she will die at the Red Wedding. No mistake in that. Only thing bothering me is that she's pregnant. They already killed one unborn child, that of Danny, why repeat it again?

My brother has not seen it yet, but I have my friend's responses:

"Dany is such a bamf <3"

"Locke is my least favorite person and Jaime is my favorite"

"Umf Gendry"

"Brienne broke my heart with "Goodbye, Ser Jaime"."

"Alfie is one of the most underrated members of the cast."

"Ygritte made me smile so much."

"The Red Wedding has to be in two weeks because something big always happens in episode 9. So I think it's at the Frey wedding."

Brother is really interested in Bran's story and is loving Jaime.

Mother almost fell asleep at Osha's monologue but then fell in love with Jaime and was on the edge of her seat, she is confused by King's landing at the moment.

Father is confused by everything but is still somehow enjoying watching even not knowing any of the names haha.

I like to read reviews of the television show and the comment sections to see what non-book readers think will happen, and I found this particular "observation" somewhat alarming, especially considering I saw similar comments made on twitter. This is from Andy Greenwald's review on Grantland-

"And anything that keeps Brienne and her former prisoner bound together is worthwhile in my book — theirs is a digression worthy of a novel unto itself — but I have to admit, of all the story lines from Anchorman I expected to see ripped off by Game of Thrones, the Bear Fight wasn't chief among them."

Like I said, I've seen multiple tweets about Game of Thrones ripping off Anchorman, and I just wish people would realize that the book season 3 is based on was published in 2000, while Anchorman came out in 2004.

Here's the link to the full review if anyone's interested- http://www.grantland...to-be-wildlings

It's messed up how so many people seem completely unsympathetic to Theon's plight. He's a piece of shit, but come on, he didn't deserve to be gelded.

TV Theon:

As far as directly attributed killings:

Personally killed Ser Rodrick (somewhat justified), the two millers boys (pure murder), and I assume the parents of the children (other siblings as well?)

In Real Life terms, even if you just look at these three killings, two of them were cold blooded murders of children. By that alone Theon would be justifiably sentenced to death. In terms of Westeros, Theon was a confirmed traitor (top crime) and a cold blooded murderer (slightly less than traitor).

No matter how you classify it, Theon intentionally murdered children. That's well past the moral event horizon in both Westerosi and RL cultures.

No matter how you classify it, Theon intentionally murdered children. That's well past the moral event horizon in both Westerosi and RL cultures.

Yet, Jaime who commits multiple treasons to the degree that he is partially responsible for the Wot5K, who attempts to murder an innocent child to cover up his crimes, and murder's a number of Ned's men is repeatedly felt bad for because he got an unflattering nickname.

Yet, Jaime who commits multiple treasons to the degree that he is partially responsible for the Wot5K, who attempts to murder an innocent child to cover up his crimes, and murder's a number of Ned's men is repeatedly felt bad for because he got an unflattering nickname.

Yeah well, character favourites. The Hound is also easily forgiven for riding down Mycah.

TV Theon:

As far as directly attributed killings:

Personally killed Ser Rodrick (somewhat justified), the two millers boys (pure murder), and I assume the parents of the children (other siblings as well?)

In Real Life terms, even if you just look at these three killings, two of them were cold blooded murders of children. By that alone Theon would be justifiably sentenced to death. In terms of Westeros, Theon was a confirmed traitor (top crime) and a cold blooded murderer (slightly less than traitor).

Agreed. I've never had a problem with what happened to Theon, I felt he had it coming, and I'm saying that even though I like the character. I like Jamie too, but he had losing his hand coming too. ASOIAF is not for the squemish, and the punishments that are meeted out on people are medieval, but that's fine, it's a tough world for these characters, if nothing tough happened to them it would be boring.

The thing I'm hearing is that the bear scene went down a lot better with non-readers then readers, myself included, who were disappointed by how fast it was and that some lines weren't there. I think knowing what happens sort of spoils the scene. Some of the non-readers I talked to thought for sure Brienne or Jaimie was going to die.

Great success! My brother who was anti-Jaime until last week when he became neutral towards Jaime now loves him. He said, "I don't care what happens the rest of his storyline, he will always be badass now." YESSSSssSSSss.

He's convinced the RW is the Royal Wedding. He thinks there's a lot of evidence pointing towards Tyrion dying, but he's conflicted because he knows Tyrion's plot can't end this soon because it would be useless if it did.

My unsullied boyfriend thought it was interesting that Jofferey brought up Daenerys and the dragons and he thinks they're going to fight.

I did a pretty good job in keeping a straight face and simply asked "who do you think would win?" He said "The dragons, obviously." ;)

He made an interesting thing about Arya. He said "That girl is so righteous" (she's not; I really don't get where he's coming from with that) and then "... there's going to be a lot of bloodshed because of her."

I couldn't help but laugh and I was like "Yeah there is!" And then he got mad at me. He of course has no idea how right and how completely wrong he is all at the same time.

My boyfriend is confused about why Roose Bolton is sending Jaime home to his father. In fact, he narrated this whole hilarious scenerio about Roose running into Robb and being like "Oh, hey, about that guy Jaime..." and he just cannot even understand why Roose would do this. I am acting like I don't understand it either and had to go to the old stand-by "Well, they don't really explain it in the books. It's up for interpretation!". Haha, I've used this so many times, it's all going to crash down on me in one episode.

Another thing that he noted on was Ygritte and how much he wants to punch her sometimes. I can't say I blame him.

Oh, and while he loved the scene with Tywin and Joffrey, he didn't really understand it. I kind of have to agree with him. Why is Joffrey acting so afraid of Tywin when he literally just murdered someone the episode before? And why is he the only one thinking logically about a bunch of dragons? Seriously! Joffrey should not be the one giving us wisdom right now!

I haven't talked to my sister. But I'm going to guess some of her predictions are the same as before, which are:

She is sure Daenerys is coming to Westeros very very soon. Oh, sweet summer child.....

She hates Theon and Jaime. She told me: "Oh, now they are like trying to redeem them and make them more sympathetic? Well, NO. I won't forgive them! I hate them, and I want them to DIE!!" LOL. Also she hates my dear Joff :crying: . She wants Dany to kill him when she comes to Westeros, hah! Not gonna happen.....

I'm gonna guess she is very pleased with what is happening to Theon.

My unsullied friend predictions are:

- "Someone in Wall storyline is going to die. Ygritte or Dr Dolittle" (that's how he calls Orell). :o pretty close!

- "Theon is going to rot. Or he's sister will rescue him" I asked him who is torturing him, and he just said: "someone bad".

- "Porky (Sam) is going to be the father of that baby, or die trying" :o close enough!

- "I hate Sansa she is annoying and ungrateful for not liking Tyrion. Sansa is going to fall in Middlefinger's traps because she is very stupid. But then Varys and Olenna are going to help her and she will realize her mistakes. LOL

- "Dany is going to burn everything to get some boats and go to Westeros. Maybe someone will try to kill her, again."

- "BUT! Behind everything there is one big plot, something nobody will see or saw coming. Everything is a big conspiracy of two characters that nobody saw coming." Me thinking: "Wow. That sounds like Varys and Illyrio and fAegon. Me asking: "Who?" Him: "You sure you want me to tell you? It's a very big spoiler" Me: LOL! "Yes, tell me!!" Him: "Ok, but I warned you about spoilers. It's Hodor and Hot Pie!!! Just think about it. They use their 'simple characters', appearance, so nobody takes them seriously. And while everybody ignores them, they are actually destroying everything and the cause of everything. Yes. shocking isn't it?"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: He is already making his own conspiracy and crackpot theories.

He told me this before watching this weak's episode:

- "Robb is going to beg Balor to join him and help him. So Balor will agree, but with the condition that Robb will marry someone. And Robb will agree". I said: "but Robb is already married" Him: "Is that really love? Well, he will keep his romance with Talisa in secret. But the his new wife is going to find out, and some drama is going to happen there". :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't know what he thinks about Robb now. I haven't asked him. But I will!!

My mum thinks that Brienne and Jaime are going to get married, thinks that Talisa is not all she seems, and was convinced during the Theon scene that Theon was dreaming and would wake up to find that the girls were actually men.

Archived