[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

I have a few colleagues who all have different opinions, but what I found funny/interesting was their questions and confusion. one guy came over and told me he googled the names of the dragons because he wanted to no more about them.. but was astonished when I mentioned that one was a cream colour, I think he thought they were all black and red due to Drogon being such a main focus lol. everyone is asking who "boy" is one guy thinks he really is a Karstark and was lying again. so only one person ive spoken with has put all the hints together and guessed he was Rooses by blow, not that I confirmed it to him. they all kinda have the feeling some thing big is on the rise though.... the RW is gonna shock people silly

TV Theon:

As far as directly attributed killings:

Personally killed Ser Rodrick (somewhat justified), the two millers boys (pure murder), and I assume the parents of the children (other siblings as well?)

In Real Life terms, even if you just look at these three killings, two of them were cold blooded murders of children. By that alone Theon would be justifiably sentenced to death. In terms of Westeros, Theon was a confirmed traitor (top crime) and a cold blooded murderer (slightly less than traitor).

No matter how you classify it, Theon intentionally murdered children. That's well past the moral event horizon in both Westerosi and RL cultures.

And yet Jaime gets a free pass because he was unsuccessful in his attempt to murder a child? Also, Theon didn't murder the children, he agreed to it happening, but he didn't do the deed himself.

Hubs is revolted by Theon's scenes. Keeps saying he doesn't see the point.

He thinks it's cool that Dany has an army but doesn't understand the delay.

The Wall confuses him completely.

He's waiting to hear what Tyrion's plan is. He says Tyrion's always got a plan and he's sure it'll be awesome. :/

Friends are convinced that Arya & Gendry are destined for each other.

"There's going to be trouble in King's Landing"

"How so?"

"Well, Jaime will arrive and has to Sansa out of there, but she's betrothed to Tyrion. What if he makes it there before the wedding?"

This shows makes me practice poker faces.

One review I've read basically said the same as all the rest. Ie, I can't wait for Daenerys to kick Joffrey's butt, etc. But one thing they said made me lol pretty hard, in that they compared Arya to an angsty pre-teen. Claiming her god is death, running away, stomping her feet at everyone....pretty amusing. They also think Cersei won't be happy about Jaime coming home with a new woman :P

I love how after the Bruce Bolton mishap from a couple of weeks ago that's pretty much become his name to us every Sunday. Bruce and Barry (Ramsay) Bolton, the roving trolls of Westeros.

My absolute favorite comments of the night from my Unsullied friends (paraphrased):

"Is it too much to hope for that Margaery and Sansa just off Joffrey and get married to each other?", "I don't think I'm supposed to like Barry but he's just having so much fun. Everyone else on this show's so grim all the time", and "Brienne's going to bring Sansa back to Robb, but not before they get Arya too." aaaggghhh

I'm glad the bear pit got some cheers from the others, even the would-be Jaime hater. :lol: I've been waiting for this scene for a while, it was fun to watch it with a group.

Also got a few texts from my mom (happy mother's day~) during the episode, apparently Shae and Tyrion are still her favorite characters and she's concerned about where those two are headed in the story. Awww.

Gonna sig that if you don't mind :D

OnT, most Unsullied loved the episode, even though it was slow.

Since the show was full of “two people talking in a room,” some suggested that we should have a guessing game called, “who will talk to whom” in the next scenes. Like, whom will Tyrion talk to? Or, whom will Tywin talk to?

About Theon’s next type of torture: “Maybe the torturer will knock some of his teeth.” Did not happen, but it was a good guess.

“Does ‘The Bear and the Maiden Fair’ mean anything?” I said, “It’s a song about a hairy bear who licked the honey from the fair maiden’s hair. It’s symbolic.” :leer:

“Robb said, ‘I promise.’ Not a good thing.”

@The Monkey

Haha, sure, go for it.

Also I forgot to mention it until now but a few of my friends seem to be under the impression that the Reeds (particularly Jojen) are villains or are manipulating Bran. IDK how much of this is them being suspicious crackpots (yet they trust Roose lol) or the odd handling of Bran's story this season.

@The Monkey

Haha, sure, go for it.

Also I forgot to mention it until now but a few of my friends seem to be under the impression that the Reeds (particularly Jojen) are villains or are manipulating Bran. IDK how much of this is them being suspicious crackpots (yet they trust Roose lol) or the odd handling of Bran's story this season.

How do they trust Roose? Locke said Brienne was given to him under Roose's orders, even though he said she'd be sent back to Robb. And he LET JAIME GO. It's pretty clear at this point that somethin stinks about Bolton. If you spend more than a minute thinking about it.

Well either they're idiots... or they don't spend more than a minute thinking about it because its only a plot consisting of 3minutes per hour of a show they watch for 10 hours each year.

How come you didn't think of this? If you spent more than a minute thinking about it you would have... or...

On topic... my wife is glad Sansa finally realized she's an idiot and thinks Marg is a ho and wants to try Tyrion for herself. She also hates Shae for always being so whiny about being a ho after deciding to be a ho. She thinks Dany will easily take Yunkai and that Mel will use Gendry to make a shadow to kill Joffrey or Tywin.

The signs are all there with Roose, and that he did let Jaime go should've raised an alarm (and probably has too, though not among my friends?). I think people will suspect he has ulterior motives, but I don't think people will realise just how ulterior they are.

The only two people around me who follow the show and have not yet read the books are my brother and my cousin. My brother really loves Dany and thinks she'll be queen of Westeros in the end, but is sadly rather unimpressed with the rest of the show this season. My cousin thinks Jon Snow will be king, and is waiting for Jaime Lannister to buy the farm one day. As far as I am concerned, they are both clueless about Bolton.

IDK, I think Karstark's overt mutiny has made them latch onto Roose and assume that Robb has at least one trusted northern bannerman/advisor - they just think that Roose let Jaime go to get Sansa and Arya back home, haha. They also think that Robb's "down and out" right now but he's going to rebound bigtime once he retakes Casterly Rock, I don't think they're expecting another Main Character Massacre after the Ned shocker.

(and they're idiots/also casual viewers so there's that too)

if they think this has a happy ending they haven't been paying attention etc etc

IDK, I think Karstark's overt mutiny has made them latch onto Roose and assume that Robb has at least one trusted northern bannerman/advisor - they just think that Roose let Jaime go to get Sansa and Arya back home, haha. They also think that Robb's "down and out" right now but he's going to rebound bigtime once he retakes Casterly Rock, I don't think they're expecting another Main Character Massacre after the Ned shocker.

That's awesome. :P

Kind hearted Roose only has the best interests of poor Cat's daughters at heart. But yeah, I've been watching reviews online from non-book readers who aren't even casual viewers. And many of them miss the Roose betrayal because they're too busy going 'Oh shit, what's going to happen to Brienne?' and 'Damn, will Jaime save her'.

GRRM was clever in the books about it because he didn't make Roose's betrayal the focus of any scene. The focus was always on what would happen to Jaime and Brienne. If there hadn't been that bit with Roose during Clash of Kings, I might not have expected a Roose betrayal when reading the books.

Archived