[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

I think it's kind of cute that my Mum's favourite characters are Beric Dondarrion and Thoros.

:D

She's also saying that ''Boy'' needs a good kicking and that poor Theon doesn't deserve what is happening to him.

She thinks Roose Bolton is really nice and kind and fair and she also really likes Jaime's arc, she really hated him for Bran and still hasn't totally forgiven him, but she's really loving his character at the moment.

She thought ''Boy'' was Theons half brother LOL i was like ''lol mum no''

Wonder where she got that idea? :drunk:

My unsullied brother and good friend both love Jaime now and they think His and Daenerys stories have been the best so far.

LOL ok I admit I love Roose but he's still a horrible person + she doesn't live with me so i can't have influenced her roose love that much ;D

just chatted with my non-reader friend and wanted to share her quotes:

dany is awesome and is going to rock that town

she thinks ygritte is constantly putting down jon because she knows he's better than her and she wants to bring him to her level

likes that the red headed fire lady took gendry and told him who he was

thinks that sansa is lucky that she won't have to marry gay loras since he would never love her but tyrion would treat her well

really hates that iron born guy that keeps torturing theon (i asked her why she thinks he's iron born and she said isn't that guy a friend of theon's sister?)

My brother is really frustrated with the last two episodes, says it is way too slow and not at all like the first two seasons. He says the only reason he keeps watching is because Dany is about to get the ships and come to Westeros with a huge army...

Edit: He is also so confused by the Theon scenes, and I don't know what to tell him since nothing might come of it for 2-3 seasons.

My brother is really frustrated with the last two episodes, says it is way too slow and not at all like the first two seasons. He says the only reason he keeps watching is because Dany is about to get the ships and come to Westeros with a huge army...

Edit: He is also so confused by the Theon scenes, and I don't know what to tell him since nothing might come of it for 2-3 seasons.

:D

While talking with my friends yesterday, one of them said, "Oh, Talisa is preggy and daddy-to-be Robb wanted one of each (boy and girl). They should name them Luke and Leia."

Someone also said that she doesn't like Talisa being called Queen in the North. She felt like she doesn't deserved it. Glad I wasn't the only one.

I just keep wondering what all those people supposedly eat. Everyone is on the move, wildlings in barren arctic lands (okay, now that they made it to green highlands they found a deer), 8000 "unsullied" in barren desert lands, Robb and his little group. In the middle ages, armies simply stole from the poor, emptied the farmers' barns and butchered their animals. The woods never had enough game for entire armies.

It has been brought to my attention that at this point we still think Jaime sent the assassin after Bran. I think when that is exposed as having been Joffrey, more people will come around. Because there's a difference between acting impulsively (pushing Bran, which is still not cool) and actively conspiring to murder a child.

Side note: reading debates and forums between non-readers is equally as hilarious as this thread. But equally frustrating too.

ETA: For your enjoyment--

"Let us not forget that all of the bad shit that's happened on this show --all of it, with the sole exception of whatever the fuck is going on with Jon Snow and the norh-of-the-wall crowd -- is his fault. Directly on him.

For good or ill, all of the stuff Dany's had to go through is a result of Jaime having killed the king, which led to the slaughter of her entire family and her exile from the continent.

Every single bad thing that's happened on this show in Westeros is a direct result of his fucking his sister. Jon Arryn was murdered to keep him from finding out that Jaime had been fucking his sister, and was the real father to Joffrey et al. Then the Stark family went to King's Landing to replace Arryn, and Robert was killed so that Joffrey could take the throne before anybody found out that Jaime was actually Joffrey's father. Ned was killed to prevent him from spilling the beans about Jaime having fucked his sister, and Joffrey's reign thus being illegitimate. Robb's war, Stannis' war, Theon's betrayal of the Starks, Arya getting thrown hither thither and yon, etc., etc., etc. -- all of it stems from the fact that Jaime and his sister couldn't stop fucking each other.

So, just remember, when you root for Jaime, you are rooting forliterally the one guy whose fault it is that every single bad thing ever happened on the show."

Though there were some level-headed people who pointed out that this reasoning is absolutely idiotic, even without knowing what the non-readers have yet to know.

It has been brought to my attention that at this point we still think Jaime sent the assassin after Bran. I think when that is exposed as having been Joffrey, more people will come around. Because there's a difference between acting impulsively (pushing Bran, which is still not cool) and actively conspiring to murder a child.

Side note: reading debates and forums between non-readers is equally as hilarious as this thread. But equally frustrating too.

ETA: For your enjoyment--

"Let us not forget that all of the bad shit that's happened on this show --all of it, with the sole exception of whatever the fuck is going on with Jon Snow and the norh-of-the-wall crowd -- is his fault. Directly on him.

For good or ill, all of the stuff Dany's had to go through is a result of Jaime having killed the king, which led to the slaughter of her entire family and her exile from the continent.

Every single bad thing that's happened on this show in Westeros is a direct result of his fucking his sister. Jon Arryn was murdered to keep him from finding out that Jaime had been fucking his sister, and was the real father to Joffrey et al. Then the Stark family went to King's Landing to replace Arryn, and Robert was killed so that Joffrey could take the throne before anybody found out that Jaime was actually Joffrey's father. Ned was killed to prevent him from spilling the beans about Jaime having fucked his sister, and Joffrey's reign thus being illegitimate. Robb's war, Stannis' war, Theon's betrayal of the Starks, Arya getting thrown hither thither and yon, etc., etc., etc. -- all of it stems from the fact that Jaime and his sister couldn't stop fucking each other.

So, just remember, when you root for Jaime, you are rooting forliterally the one guy whose fault it is that every single bad thing ever happened on the show."

Though there were some level-headed people who pointed out that this reasoning is absolutely idiotic, even without knowing what the non-readers have yet to know.

I've read all the books and I'm fairly down with this analysis, though I admit it never occured to me before that Dany's exile could be blamed on Jaime, I like it, and will add it to my repetoire. However, I generally blame everything more on his bitch sister, but either/or, they both deserve death, he gets no redemption from me, he's still an asshole, oathbreaker, self entitled prick, only now, he wants his reputation back.

Someone also said that she doesn't like Talisa being called Queen in the North. She felt like she doesn't deserved it. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Hah, I never thought of it that way but it's sort of funny.

"I don't even know where Winterfell is."

- The Queen in the North

I've read all the books and I'm fairly down with this analysis, though I admit it never occured to me before that Dany's exile could be blamed on Jaime, I like it, and will add it to my repetoire. However, I generally blame everything more on his bitch sister, but either/or, they both deserve death, he gets no redemption from me, he's still an asshole, oathbreaker, self entitled prick, only now, he wants his reputation back.

The analysis is asinine, as you can cut it off wherever you want. Everything is a consequence of something. It's such an arbitrary cutoff to say "this all goes back to Jaime!" since people are generally products of their environments. One could just as easily claim it all goes back to Tywin for being a jerk. Or Tytos for being such a pushover and causing Tywin to go to the opposite extreme. On and on and on. That is my opinion anyway.

But my real main point here is that it's hilarious because that person thinks things are all Jaime's fault and ONLY Jaime's fault lol

The analysis is asinine, as you can cut it off wherever you want. Everything is a consequence of something. It's such an arbitrary cutoff to say "this all goes back to Jaime!" since people are generally products of their environments. One could just as easily claim it all goes back to Tywin for being a jerk. Or Tytos for being such a pushover and causing Tywin to go to the opposite extreme. On and on and on. That is my opinion anyway.

But my real main point here is that it's hilarious because that person thinks things are all Jaime's fault and ONLY Jaime's fault lol

Mileage varies. I find all of Jaime's fanboys and fangirls are hilarious in how they blind themselves to the truth about him, and wherever you want to stop or start blame, the treasonous incest and the 3 bastards put in line for the throne are the prime cause for the vast majority of the destruction that occurs in the series, and that is to be laid at the feet of the Lannister twins, no getting around it. If Joff wasn't a bastard then Jon Arryn would be alive, Ned Stark would be alive, even Robert Baratheon would probably be alive, there would have been no war, no war and no Ned Stark dead then there is no sack of Winterfell.

Mileage varies. I find all of Jaime's fanboys and fangirls are hilarious in how they blind themselves to the truth about him, and wherever you want to stop or start blame, the treasonous incest and the 3 bastards put in line for the throne are the prime cause for the vast majority of the destruction that occurs in the series, and that is to be laid at the feet of the Lannister twins, no getting around it. If Joff wasn't a bastard then Jon Arryn would be alive, Ned Stark would be alive, even Robert Baratheon would probably be alive, there would have been no war, no war and no Ned Stark dead then there is no sack of Winterfell.

"...laid at the feet of the Lannister twins's no getting around it." Exactly. Both of them. This person thinks it's just Jaime.

Jon Arryn died because LF pushed Lysa to do it (another reason I found the post funny)

Ned Stark is not alive because Robert had to go to Winterfell because Jon Arryn died.

Robert's death is Rhaegar's and Aerys's fault for taking Lyanna and denying Cersei's hand, which caused Robert's behavior, which brought Cersei to hate him, which brought her to try to kill him and continue on with Jaime. Otherwise she would have been happy with Rhaegar.

By similar reasoning, I have blamed the majority of the bad stuff on Littlefinger and Rhaegar. You see why it's ridiculous? But really the thing to take away from this is that the passionate hate for Jaime is largely a result of them not knowing future revelations. And I will agree to disagree with you on the It's All Jaime's Fault party. Not a fanboy of Jaime, but I do think that that analysis oversells his role in all of this happening. He had a part to play, but it being solely his fault is a ridiculous idea IMO.

My unsullied husband believes that Talisa is not long for this world, and that Catelyn will kill her. But that was before we learned of Talisa’s pregnancy. His favorite moment: Naked Talisa saying “Attack, attack!” I must remember that!

I’m still trying to get him to discover who Boy is. “Have you heard that horn before”, I ask. “Of course, he says, when people were laying siege to Winterfeld”. “And who was it that led this group? I don’t know, he says, we never saw him. Unfortunately, he doesn’t remember that I told him a couple of times before...

He likes Jaime’s attitude, but he is not ready to forget what he did to Bran. And he still wonders why I’m so interested in Sam, and why I like him so much. He sees not interest in his storyline. Hopefully, he will discover the Slayer next Sunday.

When I told him that the scene with the girls and Theon was not in the books, he wondered why GRRM felt the need to include it in his scenario... Fair question. (I had to explain that we learn of Theon’s fate much later in the books from someone who tells the tale – I didn’t want him to know if Theon survives.)

He likes Margery’s outfits. He says she dresses like Jeannie (of I dream of Jeannie). He despises Joffrey, and regrets that he didn’t name him before the start of the season in his list of people who would die this year or next.

He wonders how Melisandra knew that Gendry was Robert’s bastard. She saw it in the flames, I guess.

I read about "chekhov's chain" somewhere on the forum, and looked it up on the Internet because I didn't understand what it was. I then explained the literary device of Chechov's gun to my unsullied husband, and he said: you mean like the gold chain Tyrion gave Shae? It took lots of efforts to keep a straight face!

Archived