Did tonight's GRRM-written episode confirm......

....a lot of major issues we have debated for years in the books?

Such as:

1) Theon's castration. Seems pretty clear right now, doesn't it? While I've been a believer, there's been some debate. Seems pretty clear now that Ramsay cut him up.....

2) Jeyne Westerling being pregnant? Now that the not-Jeyne is pregnant, does the whole daughter switch conspiracy have more teeth?

Anything else I might have missed? After all, George did write this one, Im sure there were a few nods to the book debates in here.

EDIT: Margaery being the one to give Sansa "the talk" seems to follow the theory that she actually did bang Renly in the books. Add that to the list.

Yeah it's interesting where he went in this episode, because he actually wrote it. But Jeyne isn't even on the show. Martin has stated they are different. So that's all I have to go on.

Only one thing really jumped out at me this episde.

"Half a million the population of kings landing."

Suck it Qyburn. Who's house? Jaimes house.

I'm being very, very, very careful about the Talisa/Jeyne thing. There's a lot that could still happen.

But yeah it does seem that Theon losing his Greyjoy can now be taken to the bank, which fuels my belief that

he's going to be weirwood chow to resurrect Jon.

It sheds new light on a lot of stuff but then again, it could just be for adaption purposes. But Dany's scenes make me think theres some book relevance... :leaving:

This, too.

I wouldn't hold my breath on anything until the season is fully over. Especially about Jeyne. They could have Talisa be pregnant just to die at RW and then the little talk in this episode means nothing. I will be pissed if they kill of Blackfish though, since he will apparently be going as well.

I think Theon's castration in the book was always pretty clear. Ramsay mentions how merciful he is for only taking his toes/fingers and "that other thing". Pretty clear what that is supposed to mean. What else could it have meant? We know he didn't lose anything visible/obvious like an ear or a nose or an arm, so really it'd just either be nipples or your junk, and I doubt it'd be that big of a deal for the former.

I'm being very, very, very careful about the Talisa/Jeyne thing. There's a lot that could still happen.

But yeah it does seem that Theon losing his Greyjoy can now be taken to the bank, which fuels my belief that

he's going to be weirwood chow to resurrect Jon

:lol: on a scale of 1 to Ramsey, how despicable is it that I'm laughing at this? :lmao:

Dany in the show makes an even worse decision than Dany in the books. Show Yunkai offered her a gigantic fleet. I get the whole Abolition March, but that's an offer you can't refuse.

This is why her scene was so...interesting. I mean, the Great Master was offering a great deal just to leave Yunkai alone. And yet she demolishes his ass? Yeah wut. Makes me really think, especially since GRRM wrote this episode.

:lol: on a scale of 1 to Ramsey, how despicable is it that I'm laughing at this? :lmao:

Probably around Jaime...

Edit: I think there **may** be a confirmation that Edric Storm might come back to play a part in the series.

Dany in the show makes an even worse decision than Dany in the books. Show Yunkai offered her a gigantic fleet. I get the whole Abolition March, but that's an offer you can't refuse.

Unless you care more about the lives of 200,000 slaves.

Yeah a couple of my non-reader friends made meme-worthy facepalms at that decision.

A bit OT but I thought they absolutely nailed the Jaime character turnaround this season. He's just an all around BOSS

I was hoping that Theon wasn't castrated, even though I knew it was strongly hinted. There goes that hope. Like AM said, it means

Jon will chow down on some Theon paste as a much needed pick-me-up (I still don't think Jon's dead).

Yeah a couple of my non-reader friends made meme-worthy facepalms at that decision.

I'm always interested in non-reader reactions to Dany. Mainly, I'm curious to see if the fan tide starts turning against her when people see that not only is she not getting to Westeros anytime soon, but this episode especially indicates that it's not much of a priority.

Also, they left "Unburnt" out of her litany of eyeroll-worthy titles. :P

I'm always interested in non-reader reactions to Dany. Mainly, I'm curious to see if the fan tide starts turning against her when people see that not only is she not getting to Westeros anytime soon, but this episode especially indicates that it's not much of a priority.

Also, they left "Unburnt" out of her litany of eyeroll-worthy titles. :P

One of my friends literally went, 'holy shit get on with the episode already' when her titles were being recited. I'm interested to see her reaction when/if more titles are added (books are a pretty distant memory right now, I don't know if she had more titles than that).

I have to wonder if GRRM deliberately had them all recited in that slow manner just to take a jab at book readers. If so it definitely worked...

One of my friends literally went, 'holy shit get on with the episode already' when her titles were being recited. I'm interested to see her reaction when/if more titles are added (books are a pretty distant memory right now, I don't know if she had more titles than that).

I have to wonder if GRRM deliberately had them all recited in that slow manner just to take a jab at book readers. If so it definitely worked...

Yeah she gets the full Westerosi title (Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms), plus Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains, Queen of Meereen, Princess of Dragonstone yada yada yada STFU.

I must say I'm heartened that non-readers are starting to get over her.

Archived