[TV SPOILERS] Jon, Ygritte & Orel Love Triangle

I don't consider it a love triangle. Orell is jealous of Jon Snow and tried to undermine his standing with Ygritte. She shut him down, end of story.

It was to show that Ygritte takes the relationship seriously. It's the quickest way to illustrate this considering they don't have 300 pages to flesh out their relationship.

What do you guys make of the "you won't love him once you realize what he is" line?

At first I thought it was just "he's still a crow" but she already knows that. Maybe Orell can sense Jon is a warg and, even though we haven't seen it, Jon makes a reference to having dreams where he's Ghost?

What do you guys make of the "you won't love him once you realize what he is" line?

At first I thought it was just "he's still a crow" but she already knows that. Maybe Orell can sense Jon is a warg and, even though we haven't seen it, Jon makes a reference to having dreams where he's Ghost?

What sense does that make if Orell is a warg himself? Are they going to imply that wargs are hated amongst the wildlings universally?

I am more interested in what Orell meant with "you do not know what he really is". Did he mean he is still loyal to the NW (which Ygritte knows better than Orell anyway)? Not likely. Did he mean Jon is a warg? How could Orell have known that if he never even saw Ghost?

What sense does that make if Orell is a warg himself? Are they going to imply that wargs are hated amongst the wildlings universally?

Yes, this is something that does not make any sense. Orell was valued among the wildlings because of his warging skills.

Sorry for double post.

I think it's about Jon's warging ability. Ygritte already suspects/knows Jon is still committed to the NW - she told him herself. The line and Orell's jealousy IMO are also meant to give motivation for the warg'ed eagle attack on Jon that I presume will happen like in the books.

I think it's about Jon's warging ability. Ygritte already suspects/knows Jon is still committed to the NW - she told him herself. The line and Orell's jealousy IMO are also meant to give motivation for the warg'ed eagle attack on Jon that I presume will happen like in the books.

I am more interested in what Orell meant with "you do not know what he really is". Did he mean he is still loyal to the NW (which Ygritte knows better than Orell anyway)? Not likely. Did he mean Jon is a warg? How could Orell have known that if he never even saw Ghost?

The novels show some instances where being a warg is considered a bad thing, even amongst the Wildlings. Useful, but ultimately not an attractive quality. I'll try to find them.

Where the hell is Ghost these days, anyway?

He was with Sam at the fist.. no idea where he is now though. In the books, he was with Jon until he climbed the Wall, then he told him to go to Castle Black.

ETA: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/87496-book-spoilers-orell-and-ygritte/page__st__20#entry4443037

That post talks about warging being frowned upon.

We see Ghost outside of Craster's place for about 2 seconds. I assume he's following Sam at this point.

I think Orell is either reiterating the NW thing or he suspects Jon is more than your typical warg. Why would he imply she shouldn't be with a warg? To sabotage himself as well?

We see Ghost outside of Craster's place for about 2 seconds. I assume he's following Sam at this point.

I think Orell is either reiterating the NW thing or he suspects Jon is more than your typical warg. Why would he imply she shouldn't be with a warg? To sabotage himself as well?

If he can't have her, no one can sort of thing, maybe.

I don't like that they're Implying the reason Orel doesn't like Jon (apart from being a crow, which most of the other widlings feel) is because he wants ygritte. I like that GoT is different and while it might be little things their relationship is turning into a cliche. Ygritte is a wildling through and through and maybe that's one of the things Jon likes about her, she's different to anyone he's ever known.

Ghost is north of the Wall. Doesn't Varamyr recognize Jon as a warg in the books? Granted, Ghost was probably by him at that time. Also, Haggon parents shunned him when they discovered he was a warg, so maybe wargs are valued but at the same time feared by the wildlings.

Of course, he might have only meant he was still a crow.

Well, then his absence right now is kind of justified.

But not since the end of the second season, apart from a little shot near Sammy.

I think we should see either Robb or Jon screaming "WHERE IS MY DIREWOLF?!!" some time soon. :P

Archived