[TV+BOOK Spoiler] Talisa = spy?

Inquisitor Glokta

As much as I hope it's true it sucks since that means there's a good chance Jeyne isn't important.

Never bought the fake Jeyne theory anyway, the hips were a throwaway line and her mother fed her tansy tea until after the RW, so I don't buy she'd be pregnant.

I don't think the will thing bothers me that much. Jon's a Targ so Winterfell was never his destination. Even the ghosts in the crypt tells him he doesn't belong there. He's meant for the IT.

Never bought the fake Jeyne theory anyway, the hips were a throwaway line and her mother fed her tansy tea until after the RW, so I don't buy she'd be pregnant.

I don't think the will thing bothers me that much. Jon's a Targ so Winterfell was never his destination. Even the ghosts in the crypt tells him he doesn't belong there. He's meant for the IT.

Well not even thinking about the hips, her taking that tea means absolutely nothing. Yes it had a better chance of her not getting pregnant but I can't see it being 100% affective. Birth control isn't nowadays and I can't see, even in a fantasy world, there being something out there that's guaranteed to keep a women from being pregnant.

I don't know how much I believe Jon's supposed heritage but even so I want Rickon to be Lord of Winterfell anyway. I'd still like to see the will though despite Talisa being pregnant. It would look stupid for Robb not to have a will once he hears of Sansa's marriage. The Starks don't want a Lannister ever possibly having Winterfell.

I think this theory is based upon a mixture of coincidences and bad writing. Yes, the writers probably planted the seed, knowing that book readers would immediately begin speculating, but imagine how they would handle the reveal. What would they do, Talisa marches into the hall and says, 'yep i'm a spy. haha!'

I don't know how much I believe Jon's supposed heritage but even so I want Rickon to be Lord of Winterfell anyway. I'd still like to see the will though despite Talisa being pregnant. It would look stupid for Robb not to have a will once he hears of Sansa's marriage. The Starks don't want a Lannister ever possibly having Winterfell.

On a side note: I think Rickon's whole purpose in the series is to be Lord of Winterfell in the end.

Robb thinks his wife is pregnant, why would he name Jon his heir?

He's in the middle of a war and would rather (in the event that the war does not end before either his death or his children come of age) name a man with Stark blood and military training over an infant. Edward the Confessor, opted to name Harold Godwinson his successor over his own nephews because he viewed despite Harold not even being related to Edward at all because he felt that Harold was the only person capable of defending the realm.

An in universe example would be choosing Aegon VI over the infant son of Aerion "Brightflame" and I don't believe they were even at war at the time.

On a side note: I think Rickon's whole purpose in the series is to be Lord of Winterfell in the end.

But, that would give his story a point and his direwolf is Shaggydog.

As of DwD we know that Rickon is effectively the Lord of Winterfell in absentia. Robb dead, Jon dead-ish and an eminently contestable will, given it was made under the false pretense of Bran and Rickon being dead (Robb would never legitimise Jon if he knew Bran and Rickon were both alive), Bran has a higher purpose with the CotF and would never take up Lordship of Winterfell. While Rickon lives Sansa has no claim and neither does Arya. Bolton was given lordship from the Lannisters, but who seriously believes any Lannister appointments are going to remain in force come the end of the series?

Robb doesn't know if he has a daughter or son. His will can be written that Jon is legitimsed as a Stark and is therefore heir to Winterfell and King in the North unless Robb has a son, which then makes Jon second in line. If Talisa is carrying a girl then Jon is the heir according to the laws of inheritance in Westeros (outside of Dorne). So Talisa being pregnant doesn't make the Robb's will plotline meaningless.

As of DwD we know that Rickon is effectively the Lord of Winterfell in absentia. Robb dead, Jon dead-ish and an eminently contestable will, given it was made under the false pretense of Bran and Rickon being dead (Robb would never legitimise Jon if he knew Bran and Rickon were both alive), Bran has a higher purpose with the CotF and would never take up Lordship of Winterfell. While Rickon lives Sansa has no claim and neither does Arya. Bolton was given lordship from the Lannisters, but who seriously believes any Lannister appointments are going to remain in force come the end of the series?

Robb doesn't know if he has a daughter or son. His will can be written that Jon is legitimsed as a Stark and is therefore heir to Winterfell and King in the North unless Robb has a son, which then makes Jon second in line. If Talisa is carrying a girl then Jon is the heir according to the laws of inheritance in Westeros (outside of Dorne). So Talisa being pregnant doesn't make the Robb's will plotline meaningless.

Yes that's the case of ADwD, but ask yourself, how often do POV characters ever succeed? The batting average is quite low which means the odds of Davos actually finding Rickon...

Archived