Talisa's letter (possible spoilers)

Isn't the drastic change the fact that she's pregnant. I'm hoping that the other drastic change is that Oona Chaplin is looking for a new job.

Very true, I wasn't even thinking in regards of the pregnancy. Lol that would be nice. It would put to rest the ridiculous notion that Talisa will be given to Ramsay and change the fake Arya storyline.

In the book I got the impression the Mother was in on the scheme with Tywin but the daughter was just a clueless tool.

In the show, there is no doubt in my mind she is a spy working for Tywin. They made it blatantly obvious. You have Tywin saying we are losing this war, we have to help him make some mistakes, and the VERY NEXT scene switched to Talisa. THEN you have Arya reading the letter saying "The Young Wolf is on the move" and Rob questions her and she jokingly says "you are right, I was writing "the Young Wolf is on the move".

Blatantly obvious that in the show she is a spy. A spy who managed to get pregnant so she is carrying one of the most important babies in Westeros.

By getting pregnant she makes sure that she has somewhere to go and a part to play in the future of Westeros.

yes. It is SO obvious that it has to be a ruse. Nothing is that easy to figure out in GoT world.

My money is on Talisa taking on Jayne Poole's role as fArya. It seems like a very Lannister-ish "reward" for her aid or a fitting punishment for someone who betrayed them.

I'm still convinced that Talisa is going to get the Dacey Mormont experience, spy or no.

Survival has a logic all its own. The point is just killing Robb would indeed have unpredictable consequences. Everybody surrendering and swearing allegiance to proven Lannister allies, giving up hostages, and marching home does not seem to be a likely one.

And the Red Wedding could be a disaster if one of the dozens of individuals involved warns the Starks of the plan. And there are reasons they might do that such as either wanting to avoided breaking guest right (for either superstitious reason, or for the practical reason that it would ensure that no Frey could be assured safe quarter again) or wanting to become lord of the twins and advising the to come well armed and to stay sober. Just because we know it will work doesn't mean Tywin does and the more people in on a plan the more likely it is to be leaked.

The only reason that it would be preferable to option poison Robb if a) there is no option poison Robb because he has no one close enough to Robb to do it B) he ordered it but his spy turned her coat by the time she married Robb or c) Tywin has psychic powers and knows that none of the dozens of people involved in the preparation of the Red Wedding will spill the beans.

If he has no spy on the inside, the risk of the Red Wedding being leaked is an acceptable one as it getting out ultimately doesn't matter, it just means he has to beat him on the field of battle, if he has a spy the same is not true as it only needs two people to carry it out.

A letter in High Valyrian...But I don't think Tywiin speaks Valyrian...Isn't Valyrian in the show!canon at least an Essosi matter? Only characters from that side of the world speak it (Daenerys, Missandei, Thoros, Melisandre)...Or not?

A letter in High Valyrian...But I don't think Tywiin speaks Valyrian...Isn't Valyrian in the show!canon at least an Essosi matter? Only characters from that side of the world speak it (Daenerys, Missandei, Thoros, Melisandre)...Or not?

And you think the head of house Lannister doesn't have access to someone who speaks Valyrian?

In any event it could be like Latin in medival times and taught to some of the nobility as part of their schooling.

Me, I'm convinced she's not a spy and that this is just a great red herring both to mess with book readers and to distract non-book readers from Roose Bolton's obvious shadiness.

But non-readers have no idea what' s coming, and until last episode when she acted suspicious and many of them JUST realise something's wrong. I doubt they would even consider that some spy will betray the starks and get them all murdered and that the Boltons are involved. I'd say that many people who didnt' read book nor online boards JUST started to realise that there's something odd about her. Probably the same people who thinks that Robb will ally with Dany and defeat the Lannisters.

I keep reading that GRRM said the hips thing was just a writing error. Anyone have a link?

It's just a page where someone says they asked him at an book signing or something. Honestly I wouldn't take the word of someone over hearing it in say.. an interview or just hearing it straight from him.

It's just a page where someone says they asked him at an book signing or something. Honestly I wouldn't take the word of someone over hearing it in say.. an interview or just hearing it straight from him.

I know, that's why I was curious was the source was.

Bad spy if that was the case. Why would she even write a letter to Tywin at this point? It makes no sense. They are already on their way to doomsville. It is not as if this letter had anything new to shed on that circumstance since Tywin would not receive it before the Frey's could have done same. The 2nd raven the freys send to say the deed was done would get to tywin before Talisa's letter

She would have to hold on to the letter until they were at a port like the Twins anyway. I doubt ravens could make it to volantis even if they had Masters.... Robb should be suspicious like ...How you gonna mail that?

I keep reading that GRRM said the hips thing was just a writing error. Anyone have a link?

No idea, I know that he did enlist someone to fact check to ensure that the descriptions of people were consistent so that if something was different, I think he mentions eye color, his fans wouldn't think it was an imposter, so I guess you can make of that what you will. I never thought 'slim hips' / 'good hips' even rose to the level of a mistake, let alone something to hang a theory on.

I'm not saying I have/don't believe in that theory, I'm just trying to send the link to someone who wants it. lol.

Well, Ran seems to be damn sure ... and he's Ran.

Robb and Talisa: Talisa is a new character, but the character she replaces as Robb’s queen—Jeyne Westerling—is specifically left at Riverrun in the novel. Despite theories to the contrary, it is certainly the case that Jeyne is not pregnant with Robb’s child at this time.

http://www.westeros....#Book_to_Screen

ETA: Oh, and here is a report. Im not sure who the author is.

July 14, 2011

UNION SQUARE SIGNING

[Note: This report refers to the question of Jeyne Westerlings hips, described by Catelyn as being "good" for the purposes of having children, and described by Jaime as "narrow". This seeming contradiction has sparked theories that the girl Jaime sees and is told is Jeyne is in fact an impostor.]

I actually asked GRRM about this at the union square signing. When he spoke he said some mismatched descriptions are him doing it on purpose, and some are mistakes. And the mistakes are really unfortunate because it detracts from when he does it on purpose.

When we approached the stage for signings we had the chance to ask a quick question, and he told me that that the hips were a mistake unfortunately.

Robb and Talisa: Talisa is a new character, but the character she replaces as Robb’s queen—Jeyne Westerling—is specifically left at Riverrun in the novel. Despite theories to the contrary, it is certainly the case that Jeyne is not pregnant with Robb’s child at this time.

oops, was reading from my phone. yeah, ran is good enough for me.

ETA: Oh, and here.

I'd like to point out it also says it might disprove Jon being Robb's heir named in the will. I think we really just have to wait and see what happens the rest of this season.

Archived