[Book Spoilers] Orell and Ygritte

I wondered about this as well. My problem with it is, would she not love him if she knew he was a warg? Are wargs looked down on in wildling culture? It doesn't seem to be that way. It seems like Orell's skills are valued. (I know they're considered freaks south of the wall, but that doesn't involve Ygritte.)

I'm not sure what he meant by that, but since they've really downplayed Jon's warging I'm assuming Orell meant crow. I was more focused on the setup for Jon's face getting ripped a new one.

I'm not sure what he meant by that, but since they've really downplayed Jon's warging I'm assuming Orell meant crow. I was more focused on the setup for Jon's face getting ripped a new one.

HAR great, im looking forward to Jons pretty face getting all clawed, also I agree even though we know Jon has these abilities, apparently the producers don't think its important for the viewers to be aware of it.... grr

I kinda always thought the wildlings excepted Jon so quickly because of Ghost and his 'warginess ' I figured they felt it was closer to home for him to want to be among others of his kind, I also Ghost being a direwolf, and direwolves only being found beyond the wall was a rather big factor

btw I was pretty sure they would try to place some jealously in with Orel and Ygritte, even before this season started, then they did and I was disappointed, it kinda cheapens the story IMO.

OP im like 99.9% sure Orel was just referring to his loyalty to the nights watch. but I don't know why she would look so confused, especially after last episode when she made it clear she knows Jon isn't totally into the whole wildling thing

At first I thought he was referring to his warging, then I thought he was referring to the fact that's still a Crow, but then again Ygritte knows that...doesn't she?

Oh and yay, a love triangle! just what the show needed :/

I really wish the show had more emphasis on the direwolves, Nymeria could at least be mentioned by people once or twice and Jon's warging abilities apparently don't exist? It's stupid.

Do non-readers even remember Nymeria at this point?

The downplayed importance (and by downplayed I really mean "rendered insignificant") of the direwolves really bothers me :/

Do non-readers even remember Nymeria at this point?

The downplayed importance (and by downplayed I really mean "rendered insignificant") of the direwolves really bothers me :/

I still have my hopes up, after all the most significant Nymeria moment should happen rather soon in the show, finding Cat, and now that we have Arya and the Hound strolling through the riverlands and later Brienne, I could totally see them bringing Nymeria back.

I really wish the show had more emphasis on the direwolves, Nymeria could at least be mentioned by people once or twice and Jon's warging abilities apparently don't exist? It's stupid.

I cant believe how badly they are down playing the wolves... the whole book series started when GRRM had the image of them finding the wolves in the snow, and the whole story came from there, if they think the wolves arnt important that's just insane ignorance! arrgg! ..... but im totally not bitter about it... :dunce:

I cant believe how badly they are down playing the wolves... the whole book series started when GRRM had the image of them finding the wolves in the snow, and the whole story came from there, if they think the wolves arnt important that's just insane ignorance! arrgg! ..... but im totally not bitter about it... :dunce:

in addition I was talking about how great the Starks are with a non reading friend, and he was like "ugh the Starks!? they don't even have dragons" to which I became quite offended- but played it so cool- "the Starks don't need dragons they have Direwolves! Direwolves are awesome.... BETTER in fact than dragons!" and my friend just thought it was funny saying they are just big lazy dogs that don't do or mean anything... :shocked: I don't want to be his friend anymore!! :angry2:

I too miss the direwolves. A LOT. I'm hoping they're just getting everyone on board with Bran's abilities, then they'll introduce Arya and Jon's.

But it's a hard call isn't it? Since Robb isn't a POV character, we never know his connection to Grey Wind first hand. And of course, Lady is dead. So, how do they introduce more Stark wargs without making it too repetitive (what? everyone's a warg now? is it a disease?) and taking away from Bran? They have to make sure they make Bran's skills masterful.

Since Ghost is still north of the Wall, I'm thinking if they do it at all, which I hope they do, first it will be Arya's Nymeria dream, which will come as a shock to viewers, then next season for Jon, when he's reunited with Ghost. Who knows?

While Jon and Arya's warging are awesome, fun, cool, and some of my favourite parts of the books, are Jon and Arya's abilities paramountly integral to the plot? I guess we're about to find out..... :dunno:

yay, cheesy drama love triangle, Orell is jealous of Jon and want's the babe for himself.

*sigh*

do non-book-readers know that Jon is a warg? They don't, do they?

Why do I have this sinking feeling that D&D will screw up the RW and PW? I'm more nervous that they will screw it up than I am nervous about seeing those things on screen.

At first I thought he was referring to his warging, then I thought he was referring to the fact that's still a Crow, but then again Ygritte knows that...doesn't she?

Oh and yay, a love triangle! just what the show needed :/

Orell doesn't necessarily know that she does.

And yeah, not a fan of this triangle either.

yay, cheesy drama love triangle, Orell is jealous of Jon and want's the babe for himself.

*sigh*

do non-book-readers know that Jon is a warg? They don't, do they?

Why do I have this sinking feeling that D&D will screw up the RW and PW? I'm more nervous that they will screw it up than I am nervous about seeing those things on screen.

im pretty sure they are either going to screw up the QueensCrown scene (it doesn't HAVE to have the tower I guess) or not do it at all. that's one thing from ASOS that I loved soo much, how close J and B were so close yet could do nothing about it, and Jon had no idea Bran was even still alive, ive been hanging out for some epic sword fighting beside a raging Direwolf. but alas best not get hopes up for such things to be portrayed correctly.

I wouldn't mind if they replaced Summer with Ghost (who some how just leaps over the wall and to the rescue) ok now I think about it, it sounds kinda silly, but I thought maybe that's what they were setting us up for having Ghost leave Jon when he joined the wildlings.

actually I guess Ghost could return to the wall with the other men of the nights watch who remained loyal, and from there could make his way to Jon, but this might just be some crazed-wolf-loving-fangirl stuff :drunk:

im pretty sure they are either going to screw up the QueensCrown scene (it doesn't HAVE to have the tower I guess) or not do it at all. that's one thing from ASOS that I loved soo much, how close J and B were so close yet could do nothing about it, and Jon had no idea Bran was even still alive, ive been hanging out for some epic sword fighting beside a raging Direwolf. but alas best not get hopes up for such things to be portrayed correctly.

we had that opportunity with Jon vs Qhorin. but of course, they screwed that up too.

Archived