[Book Spoilers] Orell and Ygritte

Orell seems to be the only wildling that senses his true nature( see what I did there LOL)

Indeed I did see what you did there! But that's also another good question ... why haven't they had Orell sense Jon's warging capabilities like in the books? Oh right, they're not even showing Jon having any at all. :(

Crows and wildlings cannot live happily ever after Orell tries to point this out to Romeo and Juliet. I'd think it would be obvious that Ygritte is a pretty attractive wildling, she's kissed by fire, a decent fighter, hunter etc.

Well sure, Ygritte's plenty attractive and a good fighter - she's probably wanted by many of the wildling men, but ORELL? It just didn't even make sense considering all the other wildling characters they could have used. I think they went that route to build up more animosity between Orell and Jon but it wasn't necessary.

do non-book-readers know that Jon is a warg? They don't, do they?

Nope, we don't. I had no idea until I read this thread. So, in the books he has it all then, the good looks, the warrior skills and the "strong medecine"? A Westerosi Crazy Horse. Interesting.

About Orell's line "You won't love him so much when you find out what he really is," I took that to mean only as much as "He won't stand by you, he doesn't understand you and he'll let you down."

Orell and Ygritte is just squicky.

I'm so sad to hear they basically aren't including the direwolves because they blew the budget on dragons. Take some money out of the goddamned boob budget, then!

I'm a bit bitter, sorry. The wolf dreams and direwolf action scenes are among my favourites in the books.

Orell and Ygritte is just squicky.

I'm so sad to hear they basically aren't including the direwolves because they blew the budget on dragons. Take some money out of the goddamned boob budget, then!

I'm a bit bitter, sorry. The wolf dreams and direwolf action scenes are among my favourites in the books.

Boobs hardly cost anything. CGI direwolves cost a shitload

We can only speculate since Orell is supposed to be dead.

At this point, we can only assume that orell was recast as generic wilding that Jon kills.

So I guess it is not enough that he finds some evidence to expose Jon.... he has to cut his rope and hit on Ygrette to build up to a confrontation

We can only speculate since Orell is supposed to be dead.

At this point, we can only assume that orell was recast as generic wilding that Jon kills.

I was sort of assuming Orell would take the place of Varamyr Sixskins, in some manner at least. Though now that Orell is south of the wall I'd like to see how/if they have Melissandre light any eagles on fire.

He meant crow. He was never convinced of Jon's loyalty to the cause, and probably never knew about his warging (an Unsullied viewer wouldn't, after all).

It doesn't make sense if he meant Crow for several reasons.

1. It's repetative to the audience since we already got that info last week from Ygritte, and GoT thankfully never treates their audience as if they're stupid.

2. It makes Jon the worst spy ever, and makes him stupid. Jon isn't stupid, and GRRM would never write him that way.

3. If he meant Crow, there's no reason to even be talking to Ygritte. Jon would just be dead. Tormund would have killed him.

4. GRRM repeats in the books that skinchangers sense other skinchangers. Orell knows what Jon is, even if Jon doesn't. How else would they get this into the series?

Hmm, perhaps, if we're lucky, or rather Jon Snow is lucky, Orell's eagle won't

try to claw out his eye.

If Mel does what she does in the book, phew!

nah its going to happen, it is known..... from the trailers. they also REALLY screw up the scar he gets too, well atleast from what I imagined and it was described in the books as

Indeed I did see what you did there! But that's also another good question ... why haven't they had Orell sense Jon's warging capabilities like in the books? Oh right, they're not even showing Jon having any at all. :(

How do we know that Orell doesn't sense it? I don't think it makes sense to bring up Jon being a warg as a reason that Ygritte won't love him. It pretty much has to mean crow.

I guess we can go with the theory that without Ghost by his side Orell would have a hard time sensing Jon's abilities since he doesn't know he possesses them yet.

Then again you can also put their instincts to not like eachother into them being wargs as well. Orell being one that embrasses being a warg and Jon being one that tries to fight it.

Well sure, Ygritte's plenty attractive and a good fighter - she's probably wanted by many of the wildling men, but ORELL? It just didn't even make sense considering all the other wildling characters they could have used. I think they went that route to build up more animosity between Orell and Jon but it wasn't necessary.

It might have been necessary to show that Ygritte isn't the only wildling that doesn't trust Jon Snow and knows that he's still a crow.

also at first I thought it was just the crow thing... but now ive been converted, also Ygrittes confused face is kinda a hint, she knows hes not just talking about being a crow... since she made it pretty clear she already knows this

Ygritte has to look confused or Orell will know that she knows what Orell thinks he knows. Poker face yo.

How do we know that Orell doesn't sense it? I don't think it makes sense to bring up Jon being a warg as a reason that Ygritte won't love him. It pretty much has to mean crow.

I guess we can go with the theory that without Ghost by his side Orell would have a hard time sensing Jon's abilities since he doesn't know he possesses them yet.

Then again you can also put their instincts to not like eachother into them being wargs as well. Orell being one that embrasses being a warg and Jon being one that tries to fight it.

Well we don't know Orell senses Jon's warg abilities because they've not mentioned a single thing about it from Jon or anyone else in the series. In the book we know it and Orell knows it. All we can go with is what they choose to include in the show and given to us by the actors and clues written in by the various writers including George himself who had to have acknowledged the fact Jon's abilities with Ghost are MIA for the entire show so far. It's just disappointing to me but I'm guessing they had a good reason for omitting it thus far.

Ygritte has to look confused or Orell will know that she knows what Orell thinks he knows. Poker face yo.

LOL I was talking more about the face she pulls after he walks away.. she just stands there, the gears are turning over in her mind, and you can see she is confused and possibly suspecting something... also I just gotta say Rose Lesley and her 'facial acting' it fantastic, haha

maybe im just desperately hoping they are trying to fit Jons warging into the storyline, so much so that im reading too much into that scene. but seriously WTH is up with them down playing everything that's awesome about Jon! im personally offended by this!! ;)

Archived