Arya and Bolton Prediction for WoW

Arya kiddin'

Ok so here's my theory. :dunno:

We know Massey is going to Bravos and this is the only way curretly feasible that Arya can get back in the picture again. Do you think it possible that Stannis might've ordered Massey to get a Faceless Man to kill off Bolton and that could be Arya?

Stannis knows that the Northern Alliance will completely shift should Bolton die, and this is the easy way in, without killing off northern troops that otherwise afterwards would be his.

I know FM don't kill people whom they know, but I believe she would do it once she knows from Massey and Poole that Bolton betrayed Cat and Robb for the Red Wedding. It is obvious she is learning all this for revenge and not to actually serve the Many Faced God.

Thoughts?

She doesn't need to be hired as a FM....I think, due to her impulsive nature, she will jump into Massey company and thus return to North. She may consider that her learning is enough or she will want to get back and be reunited with Jon...IMO I don't see her completing the training and become a fully FM.

I think it likely that the Iron bank has an understanding with the faceless men. Otherwise why would Bravos tollerate the cult?

The Russian carding gangs that steal from US banks have a similar understanding with the Russian state. Putin's mob gives them amnesty in return for a cut of the profits and favors like DDoS attacks on unfriendly press sites.

Arya might well be sent off to assist as an acolyte. She has to get into the riverlands though somehow because that is where Nymeria is and she can't return to House Stark till she has found her wolf.

I highly doubt the Faceless Men would send a noninitiated acolyte to Westeros to fulfill a contract. Arya could somehow jump a few ranks, but that seems unlike the mysterious, calculating FM. She could also be sent as an assistant of some sort, but I think that is unlike them as well. I think it's more likely that she stows away or somehow becomes involved with Stannis' crew (who definitely seem like the most plausible vehicle for Arya to Westeros). We've seen a few times that she hasn't yet forgotten who she is: killing the deserter, hiding Needle, warging.

From the author's standpoint, Arya has been gave face changing capability so that she can get close to someone that knows her well without that person realizing it. My guess is it will be Stoneheart - where Arya has heartbreaking revelations about what has become of her mother. She would not need a face change in South or even in King's Landing because so much time has passed, she has changed so much, and there are very few people left who even know what she look(ed) like.

The other obvious possibilities are Jon and Sansa. I think Jon is on a different arc - so I do not think it will be him. Sansa is an intriguing character for Arya to get anonymously close to because she too has changed so much. I expect that Sansa would look back at herself with respect to the incident that led to Lady's death with utter disgust. She would admit her utter foolishness and totally align with Arya's point of view. This makes the sisters ripe for alliance which is just the sort of irony Martin likes.

They also would make a formidable pair. 2 wolf girls trained in their own unique lethal ways. One - skilled in all aspects of diplomacy, courtesy and gamesmanship, and the other - just a stone cold remorseless killing machine.

I've always thought maybe he would pull something where Arya ends up trying to kill Daenerys. Insane, I know. But in some weird way it makes sense to me. I know it's a long shot.

Her going after Bolton would be pretty awesome though, and makes sense.

Actually, I kinda wished Arya would show up and surprise her not-so-dearly-beloved-fake-husband, Ramsay, saying: "You're terminated." :D

Maybe something like this;

Ramsay: "Who in the seven hells are you?"

Arya: "Your wife." *stabs*

I'm not going to disagree with anyone here, these are all fine theories, but as hopefully people who have read the books let me pose a question: "does George RR Martin strike you as someone who wraps things up with a nice little bow?"

My theory is Arya returns to Westeros much as she has travelled the entire series: as some unnoticed "no one".

But who was the assassin that killed Pate in the prologue to feast for crows? his killing had Araya's m/o with the coin and all....and at the very last chapter....Sam's chapter.....Pate is the last person he meets....someone he didn't like very much.....so obviously it was a faceless man that killed Pate for the Acolyte's key to the Citadel.....

But who was the assassin that killed Pate in the prologue to feast for crows? his killing had Araya's m/o with the coin and all....and at the very last chapter....Sam's chapter.....Pate is the last person he meets....someone he didn't like very much.....so obviously it was a faceless man that killed Pate for the Acolyte's key to the Citadel.....

That was Jaqen H'ghar.

WOW.

From the author's standpoint, Arya has been gave face changing capability so that she can get close to someone that knows her well without that person realizing it. My guess is it will be Stoneheart - where Arya has heartbreaking revelations about what has become of her mother. She would not need a face change in South or even in King's Landing because so much time has passed, she has changed so much, and there are very few people left who even know what she look(ed) like.

The other obvious possibilities are Jon and Sansa. I think Jon is on a different arc - so I do not think it will be him. Sansa is an intriguing character for Arya to get anonymously close to because she too has changed so much. I expect that Sansa would look back at herself with respect to the incident that led to Lady's death with utter disgust. She would admit her utter foolishness and totally align with Arya's point of view. This makes the sisters ripe for alliance which is just the sort of irony Martin likes.

They also would make a formidable pair. 2 wolf girls trained in their own unique lethal ways. One - skilled in all aspects of diplomacy, courtesy and gamesmanship, and the other - just a stone cold remorseless killing machine.

They could face off against the Sand Snakes :)

Actually, I kinda wished Arya would show up and surprise her not-so-dearly-beloved-fake-husband, Ramsay, saying: "You're terminated." :D

I like her being the one to terminate Ramsay, also. Stick'em with the pointy end, gurl, with this line: "Your mother-in-law sends her regards."

Archived