How I Met Your Mother - 4

Jaxom 1974

That did surprise me at least a little.

I'm interested to see how the season goes. I still enjoy it despite the occasional frustration with plot advancement and such.

It makes sense though, and some of the things the show creator's have done have been thought out pretty well.

I like the take on what might be expected from the guests at Barney and Robin's wedding. I really hope that Jason Segel's thought process is followed in some form... :)

It makes sense though, and some of the things the show creator's have done have been thought out pretty well.

I like the take on what might be expected from the guests at Barney and Robin's wedding. I really hope that Jason Segel's thought process is followed in some form... :)

It does show forethought. Its also at least kind of amusing to think that they knew Barney and Robin would be getting married from the time they sat down to write the pilot.

No actual spoilers to my mind, unless you consider how they've apparently decided to work on the kids aging issues from the time of the first season.

You didn't know that? They revealed that around season two or three. I know it's been talked about in these threads before.

I'll be doing the same thing I did for the last half of last season - I'll wait until the season is complete and then marathon watch it. I don't have the patience to put up with this shit week to week.

Well I think that it should have been Victoria, wasn't she the first women he meet in-story (Other then Robin) but they had burn that bridge a few times. She was off in Germany, when He went to St Pat's party, when he went out w/ the roomate. Still it would have been cool. It was nice to see them actually get a chance, last season.

Why does Barney think villians are heros?

And I'm even more convinced the mother is going to die. The cross scene with Ted now and Ted a year from now was so downbeat. I do see the chemistry she seems a good foil for Ted's weird side. She calms him down (my wife does the same for me). Then you have the eternal story with the kids it seems like Ted indulging in his untempered weirdness. Like the circuit breaker has been taken out. This will be interesting.

Enjoyed having two shows back to back. Not sold on The Mother yet, but I think part of it is because she reminds me, physically, of a mix between Lily & Lucy(Raj's gf from Big Bang). I liked how she interacted with Lily, thought it was done well, just have to get past that association in my brain.

Thank you, Linus.

OK! Last one and then you're cut off.

Seemed like a refresh on the series, I liked the first episode better than the second. I think the mother did fairly well considering the whole series was based on leading up to her.

I liked the GOT reference in particular, clever with Barney's established personality quirks, but in general I'm getting apathetic to them everywhere, if not, annoyed. "Oh there's another one..." and I remember when ASOIAF used to be for our neck of the woods on this board only and I kinda miss that. :(

Why does Barney think villians are heros?

And I'm even more convinced the mother is going to die. The cross scene with Ted now and Ted a year from now was so downbeat. I do see the chemistry she seems a good foil for Ted's weird side. She calms him down (my wife does the same for me). Then you have the eternal story with the kids it seems like Ted indulging in his untempered weirdness. Like the circuit breaker has been taken out. This will be interesting.

I was struck by the various little things from the mother that gelled with aspects of the gang in general. The "Sommabitch" cookies for example. They also did go directly at it to show that she is more than a perfect match for Ted with her own little quirks matching up nicely with his.

The bit with the one year later at the same table, well that was well done, though you're right, it was a little somber. I don't know that that has to mean we should worry about the mother though...

I want to know who else Lily is going to tackle at this wedding...

They should treat this whole season like 24, including time stamps.

Like at the end of the second episode, where Ted decides not to go to turn in yet.

*TIck tock 10:34 tock tick*

And it just dawned on me that Marshal will be absent from the rest of the cast for most of the season. Is this so he can spend more time on movies?

I do like the gal he's now saddled with. Denise? "OPTIONS!" was perfect.

I admit the scene where thirty random people were failing at figuring out how to take down a facebook picture had the ring of sad truth. Other than that, I may have to subscribe to Scot's Dead Mom hypothesis. There was something weirdly melancholy about it. Oh, and I assume Linus and the Over Sensitive Receptionist are basically major characters for the rest of the season. I am (no, really) looking forward to episodes delving into their backgrounds.

Oh, and I assume Linus and the Over Sensitive Receptionist are basically major characters for the rest of the season. I am (no, really) looking forward to episodes delving into their backgrounds.

How many episodes until we get a blue blanket reference?

I admit the scene where thirty random people were failing at figuring out how to take down a facebook picture had the ring of sad truth. Other than that, I may have to subscribe to Scot's Dead Mom hypothesis. There was something weirdly melancholy about it. Oh, and I assume Linus and the Over Sensitive Receptionist are basically major characters for the rest of the season. I am (no, really) looking forward to episodes delving into their backgrounds.

Based on the plan of having everything based around the one weekend would seem to indicate a lot of actors will be getting some screen time regularly. I don't think too much Wayne Brady is a bad thing on the show.

Ok this was far more promissing than I expected it to be. Mom and Lilly are God soooooo similar. Jeez they're like sisters. I liked how mother will first hear parts about Ted from all of them,I think she'll be half way in love with him by the time they meet. Just don't get where are they going with the locket thing and how ar they gonna make the transit from Ted being obsessed with Robin and Ted being in love with the mother plausable after so much Robin/Ted build up. I mean cmon...get over it.It started being boring 4 seasons ago now it's just sad. I liked Linus,he's my kind of man,I don't like Marshal doing a re-make of Cars,Trucks and Airplanes. I also think the 22+ episodes of only wedding weekend will work if they keep up with flashbacks + flashforwards.

Archived