Bran warging Hodor

MissingNo

When Bran is warging hodor, or anyone for that matter can he access their memories? Or do they just get pushed into the subconscious? I think it would be cool for Bran to get inside some of the conspirators/players minds and learn their endgames, in particular non-pov characters such as Varys/LF. Also I am convinced there is more to Hodor himself than meets the eye (not going all secret Targ here) but he is called Walder so maybe after the Freys get wiped out by UnCat/Nym and her super wolfpack he will be the rightful lord of the crossing. :D Also could Bran make hodor talk if he wanted to? Or is forced to just say hodor?

I'd be surprised if Bran is able to warg people other than Hodor. I think warging more than one person would have a very serious impact on the warg. Being able to warg into anyone in Westeros would also give him too much power.

Bran's vision through the WeirWood at Winterfell shows a very tall knight kissing a young woman in the GodsWood. Popular theory has it that the tall knight is Duncan the Tall and many have speculated that the woman may be Old Nan at a younger age. This moght help to explain Hodor's size.

~Faded

I'm almost certain there's a part that mentions he could still sense Hodors presence, and that he just says "Hodor" so no one suspects that he's taken over.

When Bran shifts into Hodor, he mentions that he can feel Hodor huddled up in their shared consciousness, as if he's at the bottom of a well. That description was very interesting to me. To me, it suggests that Hodor is not all he seems and that perhaps he really isn't mentally deficient. I'd be interested to know if some trauma in his past caused him to retreat within himself and hide his psyche away from the outside world and THAT is the reason he's described the way he is. I thin the relevant passage is in Bran II of A Dance with Dragons when the group is attempting to get into the cave of the Children of the Forrest.

~Faded

Archived